Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Raluek posted:

It's the thing boats use to point the engine's output down to the propeller, and I suspect that's what's going into Stubby Bob as teased in the next Roadkill.

And you would be 100% correct, but there's more to it than that :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
If your doughnut gasket doesn't leak, don't temp fate by touching it. I just drop the exhaust as one piece and drag it out the back of the car. That way I don't have to touch flanges that will break off if i touch em with a wrench.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
A good point. I think I will do that.

I completely forgot to answer the rear-engine question. Step 1: decide if you actually want to put the engine in the back. Why bother? There's a nice spot for it in the front on most trucks. Step 2: admit to yourself that this is going to require a custom transfer case or a boat V-drive and/or a lot of custom driveshafts and expensive things. Step 3: install engine in front of truck.

Remember that if you don't use a V drive and just try to run something like a custom built transfer case (such as an NP200 from an M715 combined with parts from an NP205 from anything they came in, which can result in a case with two rear outputs, one of which you could use as an input) you're going to have to find a way to turn the engine backwards. So you're pretty much stuck with a V drive, at which point you're doing enough custom fab that you might as well just put the engine in the front.

If you're after the different CG, well, be prepared to spend money to get it. Otherwise, you're best off just putting it where everyone else does.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
As usual I've gotten absolutely nothing done on the fun projects because the DD and house have been eating my time. I did speed-tape the rear bumper cover corner back onto the new Forester and slapped some on the rust hole on the passenger side for state safety inspection, though, and swapped the driver door mirror from the old Forester to the new one since I got annoyed by the crack right across the middle of the glass.

Oh and the brakes went metal on metal abruptly (with no warning scraping noise) Sunday 90 miles from home, so I did possibly the most egregious pad-slap I've ever done (the rotors are HORRIBLE, but the caliper bracket bolts are worse and I didn't want to risk breaking or rounding them off) to get it home. It still stops as well as it did before, so I think the grooves in the rotor have bedded into the pads as well, but I have new rotors, pads, and caliper brackets on the way from rockauto because I don't like tempting fate.

Also I've now replaced the slave cylinder once and the clutch master cylinder twice because the ones that came with it were screwy as hell. The replacement ones worked for 4 days and then quit again, leaving me rebleeding the clutch hydraulics every 50 miles to get home. I checked the slave cylinder and it looked fine, and the master cylinder was an opened and returned package from Autozone when I got it (and had unidentified gunk granules in the reservoir) so I suspect some moron used the wrong fluid in it and then returned it. The replacement is still going strong but I don't trust it, really, so I am trying to find a rebuild kit for the OEM master cylinder to carry as a spare.

At least it now takes me about 15 minutes to replace either or both and rebleed them. I have way too much practice at this point and they're less annoying to reach than Jeep ones.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

kastein posted:

It still stops as well as it did before, so I think the grooves in the rotor have bedded into the pads as well

Extra surface area :haw:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

kastein posted:

Remember that if you don't use a V drive and just try to run something like a custom built transfer case (such as an NP200 from an M715 combined with parts from an NP205 from anything they came in, which can result in a case with two rear outputs, one of which you could use as an input) you're going to have to find a way to turn the engine backwards.

Honda powered, got it.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

IOwnCalculus posted:

I know right? :banjo:

I felt so loving dirty slapping new pads on those rotors, but, well, I keep forgetting to sign up for AAA, was still a few miles from my destination, and apparently it was fine before, so it must be fine after... :ninja:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

IOwnCalculus posted:

Dammit, I was going to make this joke :v:

I once pad slapped a set of rotors that were so bad when I went back to do the job right a month later the new pads looked like Ruffles potato chips.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Dude, like half the inboard swept area is chunky rust (like, the chunks stick up and match with grooves on the old pads) and the rest looks like Saturn's rings. The outboard swept area is just Saturn's rings, no chunks of rust or rusted craters. It's bad. Bad enough that if it takes more than another day or two for my rockauto order to arrive I'm probably going to steal the brakes off the front of the red parts forester to tide me by until they show up.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

A few minor things:
- new Forester's still doing alright. Engine still sounds exactly the same, exhaust got gnarly so I replaced it with the exhaust off the red Forester which was like 3/4" too short somehow, and pretty badly rotten already somehow, gently caress Walker for making cheap trash that rusts in 60k miles and 2 years. So I ordered more parts for it.
- I bought yet another piece of redneck yard art. WITNESS US AT NEAI 2017

Right now it has had no repairs done. Needs a crack in the frame welded up (5min), the CVT belt thrown on, and the carb tuned up. Otherwise in great shape. The seller's a friend of mine and even threw in an old Snell rated but expired helmet. It's for passenger use only.
- I continued to partially fix the MJ. LET'S PLAY A GAME:

You start with:
junk radiator
freewheeling fan clutch
no electric fan
no fan shroud
water pump status: UNKNOWN
thermostat status: UNKNOWN

Truck overheats hard when left sitting, but usually stays only a little too warm when moving ~20mph or more, unless it's cold out.
Replace radiator.
Truck overheats hard when left sitting (not quite as hard though) and now overcools to ~170 when moving at ~20mph or more.
Replace MYSTERY PART #1
Truck no longer overheats even when left sitting, but does get to about 230-240, basically one tick above center. Still overcools to ~170 when moving at ~20mph or more, even in 95 degree heat.
Install MYSTERY PART #2 (not yet done)
Expected behavior: truck no longer overheats, period. Still overcools.
Remove MYSTERY PART #3 (not yet done)
Expected behavior: truck no longer overheats, just overcools all the time.
Install new MYSTERY PART #3 (not yet done)
Expected behavior: truck no longer overheats or overcools.

In a few weeks (I'm away next week) follow along and see if you guessed right on what mystery parts 1, 2, and 3 are!

Oh yeah, the Roadmaster's AC system continues to kick me while I'm down. I finally got all the materials to do the R152a conversion, pulled the compressor to drain and flush it, and promptly discovered Black Death. So I'm hoping to find a good Harrison R4 w/ high pressure shutoff switch and serpentine pulley at the JY while we're in Seattle, if not, it's time to throw $170 at a brand new ACDelco or Four Seasons one on rockauto. drat it. This AC service went from cheap and fast to "throw 300 bucks at the problem" real fast.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

kastein posted:

- I continued to partially fix the MJ. LET'S PLAY A GAME:

You start with:
junk radiator
freewheeling fan clutch
no electric fan
no fan shroud
water pump status: UNKNOWN
thermostat status: UNKNOWN

Truck overheats hard when left sitting, but usually stays only a little too warm when moving ~20mph or more, unless it's cold out.
Replace radiator.
Truck overheats hard when left sitting (not quite as hard though) and now overcools to ~170 when moving at ~20mph or more.
Replace MYSTERY PART #1
Truck no longer overheats even when left sitting, but does get to about 230-240, basically one tick above center. Still overcools to ~170 when moving at ~20mph or more, even in 95 degree heat.
Install MYSTERY PART #2 (not yet done)
Expected behavior: truck no longer overheats, period. Still overcools.
Remove MYSTERY PART #3 (not yet done)
Expected behavior: truck no longer overheats, just overcools all the time.
Install new MYSTERY PART #3 (not yet done)
Expected behavior: truck no longer overheats or overcools.

In a few weeks (I'm away next week) follow along and see if you guessed right on what mystery parts 1, 2, and 3 are!

#1 Fan clutch
#2 Fan shroud (maybe)
#3 Thermostat, for sure.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

kastein posted:

Oh yeah, the Roadmaster's AC system continues to kick me while I'm down. I finally got all the materials to do the R152a conversion, pulled the compressor to drain and flush it, and promptly discovered Black Death. So I'm hoping to find a good Harrison R4 w/ high pressure shutoff switch and serpentine pulley at the JY while we're in Seattle, if not, it's time to throw $170 at a brand new ACDelco or Four Seasons one on rockauto. drat it. This AC service went from cheap and fast to "throw 300 bucks at the problem" real fast.

I wouldn't recommend any compressor that's non-OEM or rebuilt. I've never seen any good come of it.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

wallaka posted:

I wouldn't recommend any compressor that's non-OEM or rebuilt. I've never seen any good come of it.

I agree, ACDelco is my current top choice (GM OEM supplier), but I've had great luck with Four Seasons in the past so if ACDelco isn't in stock when I order I will get one of those.

Beach Bum: correct on all three counts... far as I know, I haven't done some of them yet. You wouldn't believe the number of facebook mechanics who think we are crazy and wrong, though.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Still haven't done dickall with the AC on the Roadmaster because the compressors I keep finding in the yards are shot to hell and a new one is 170 bucks... and it's now fall. So priorities have shifted until it warms up again.

I did do some things recently though, loving finally.
First I finally managed to win the game of new-$500-car-whack-a-mole by fixing all the things subject to safety inspection AT THE SAME TIME, and as soon as I did so (I'm learning...) I drove it to the inspection station and got my sticker before anything else could break.

:woop:

Then I went to the junkyard for work (as detailed in other threads) and had a little time left before the yard closed, and found out they had a silver (810/8J6 paintcodes) 98-02 Forester with some good body panels on it... mine had a hosed up passenger fender and driver side rear door, so it was pillaging time!

The old ones were a rattle-canned abomination of a fender that was roughly the right color but looked like poo poo, and a door that had been slid sideways into a tire stack and was starting to rust through where the paint cracked.

So I swapped those on just outside the yard and tossed my old ones in the corecharge bin before even going home. Car looks a lot better, even with the grease pencil still on it (and I will have the rest of that cleaned off with brakleen by tomorrow.)

Today, I got a sudden message from the guy selling me MYSTERY PROJECT. Apparently he had to move it around the storage yard he and his dad use for their car junking business and wanted to complete the deal before he could get attached to it again and change his mind. So with ~1.5 hours notice, I needed a car the gently caress out of the yard, because it's full. SAWZALL TIME GO
The red forester drew the short straw. gently caress that thing.

It's my friend Carmelo's 1979 Jeep J10 Honcho. It's already quite capable offroad, he bobbed the bed, did a TBI conversion, put on Long Island Offroad leafspring sliders and FSJ Wagoneer leafsprings, swapped a J20 d44/d60 set under it, and it has 35" TSLs with good tread depth on it already as well as bumpers he fabbed up himself from 1/4 box tubing. I'm not sure what else, it may or may not have lockers but honestly, I have a set of the best factory dana 60s you can get your hands on sitting here... it might get them instead of an MJ since my MJs I'm keeping are nice and straight and clean and this thing's already got some tree damage. The drivetrain is a 360/5spd/dana transfer case of uncertain providence; the engine is allegedly "partially seized". If I can get it to run without pulling the heads I will and will run it till it pops, otherwise, it's getting either an LQ4/9+NV4500+some transfer case, or something equally ridiculous. Oh, it needs a winch badly too. I just so happen to own one...

Tomorrow I need to finish butchering the red Forester and get it the hell out of here, except for the parts I'm keeping for myself and various others. The back half's already basically gone, but if anyone needs anything from the front seats forward, now's the time to say so. I'm keeping the motor, driveshaft, CV shafts, struts, steering, radiator, and some of the suspension, the transmission and rear diff are hosed. Everything else is basically up for grabs unless someone's already put their name on it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
A bobbed-bed Honcho? Christmas came early this year.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

ALSO WHO WANTS TO BUY A 1980 DATSUN 720 5SPD RWD TRUCK

I want the drat thing out of my way but I don't want it getting scrapped or going to a terrible person. Price is in the 3 figures range, goon negotiable. It has some rust and stuff but nothing like a new england car would, it's only been here a few years. Was my sister's, thus the requirement of not going to a terrible person, she loved it and I want to be able to send her updates on how it's doing.

The cooler you are and the cooler your previous projects are, the cheaper it gets.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

gently caress I wish I didn't have so many drat projects already. That Datsun is so minty and cool.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

If you want to add it to your queue be my guest, you can pay me for it when you feel like it or when you start working on it, whichever comes first. I just need the space.

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 7, 2009

click clack POW, officer down
More pics of the Honcho pls omg. MUCHO MACHO

also what blades are you using to rip up all these cars with a sawzall, all the metal cutting blades I've tried with mine suck fuckin rear end

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

For short blades on heavy metal (subframes, etc) I use red Diablo blades from HD.
For longer blades I was using milwaukee ice hardened metal or genpurp blades till recently but I just bought a lot of 100 assorted blades from some dude on a facebook group for a price I couldn't resist, 100 or 120 bucks, I forget. Can get the info on them tomorrow. So far I like them.

I will take more pics tomorrow. I have known the seller for nearly a decade and have always wanted this truck, or one like it. It has its fair share of poo poo I will need to fix and redo but is an excellent starting platform for a solid offroad rig.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006
God those things are so sexy bobbed like that. How hard is that wheelbase on the T-Case (if at all)?

Also posting a reminder to see if you have the justy console surround for me.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

That J10 paint scheme is rad as gently caress. I have been wanting a J10 lately and this isn't helping drat you. Looking forward to seeing it progress!

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

"It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand"

kastein posted:

ALSO WHO WANTS TO BUY A 1980 DATSUN 720 5SPD RWD TRUCK

I want the drat thing out of my way but I don't want it getting scrapped or going to a terrible person. Price is in the 3 figures range, goon negotiable. It has some rust and stuff but nothing like a new england car would, it's only been here a few years. Was my sister's, thus the requirement of not going to a terrible person, she loved it and I want to be able to send her updates on how it's doing.

The cooler you are and the cooler your previous projects are, the cheaper it gets.

I'd love another small pickup to replace the inferno Comanche. Here's hoping I get a promotion soon.

elektrotechnik
Sep 7, 2012
That yard looks better with each passing year imo

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I agree, and my neighbors think so too, at least for the last year and a half or so :haw:

The guy from Florida came over when he saw the rollback backing in with a jeep on it to find out what I bought. His verdict was a poo poo eating grin and a thumbs up, apparently he would rather stare at a J10 on 35" mud tires (it's only a few hundred feet from his yard, he can see it from where he parks his truck) than a broken red Forester.

Pics as requested:

The bob job needs some patchwork, he didn't get the sheetmetal flat when butt welding and then applied too much flapwheel and it went through in a few places. Oh well, it's gonna be a wheeler, not a show queen. I'll back it up with some 16 or 14ga strips and weld through the sheetmetal into that.

I measured and the bumper is just narrow enough that I think I can put mounting ears on the ends of it for my ginpole, too. That will make three separate trucks that the ginpole fits, and with enough counterweight in the J10's bed I might even be able to do an engine swap on the 5 ton. The MJ had no chance of that happening.

It's not a perfect truck by any means, but totally loving worth the asking price - $1k.

Tactical Sandals, it turns out I'm using Morse RB814T25 and RB1218T25 blades, as well as RB818T25s. The 8 means 8", 14 means 14tpi while 18 means 18tpi, T25 just means a tube of 25 blades. They're NOT cheap ones, unfortunately. I think I like the 14tpi more for general demolition and junkyarding and the 18s more for clean cuts, but either will do either job with enough care.

Dannywilson, driveshaft and tcase should be fine, I think it's like 3-4 feet long even bobbed. It's a fullsize truck and he took only about a foot out of the wheelbase, so still really not too bad. The pinion angle is wacky as gently caress and it's an offcenter rear diff out of an ancient J20 with the offset-rear-output transfer case, so I doubt I can go much over 30-40mph with it how it is, but that hopefully won't be an issue for long. Also, I do have a surround and it appears unmolested - not sure how to remove it yet, but I'll find out how.

e: unfucked img tags, gently caress YOU IMGUR APP

kastein fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 28, 2016

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
I have an undented grille and a tailgate in much better shape for you. Free of charge.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Awesome :aaa:

I would be glad to provide any and all parts you require for your MJ's next phase that I have in stock, too. Can I interest you in a 4.10 geared 29 spline 8.25 and maybe even some disc brake parts and an LSD for it if I can find them?

e: oh yeah the red Forester is down to zero doors, half the floor (ends just behind the front seats), no windshield, one fender, and the frontend remaining. I stripped the entire dash down today and pulled all the wiring I'll need to run the engine, tomorrow evening I can basically unbolt the radiator and headlights, break all the trans crossmember and front subframe bolts off, and chainfall the remains of the chassis up off the drivetrain and into the truck after sawzalling it up a bit more.

Windshields cut with a sawzall way easier than sheetmetal does.

kastein fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Sep 26, 2016

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

kastein posted:

Awesome :aaa:

I would be glad to provide any and all parts you require for your MJ's next phase that I have in stock, too. Can I interest you in a 4.10 geared 29 spline 8.25 and maybe even some disc brake parts and an LSD for it if I can find them?

Ill catch you in IRC in the next day or so, i have a really stupid idea for rear suspension that I want to bounce off you.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
That Honcho somehow looks even better with detailed pictures than it did before. This has raised my longing for a J-truck to frankly unacceptable levels.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

The Honcho is gorgeous, dents, holes and all.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

kastein posted:

I agree, and my neighbors think so too, at least for the last year and a half or so :haw:

The guy from Florida came over when he saw the rollback backing in with a jeep on it to find out what I bought. His verdict was a poo poo eating grin and a thumbs up, apparently he would rather stare at a J10 on 35" mud tires (it's only a few hundred feet from his yard, he can see it from where he parks his truck) than a broken red Forester.

Pics as requested:

I could live in a $10M mansion, and I would still grin like an idiot if my next door neighbor had that parked in their yard.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

kastein posted:

Pics as requested:

drat that's beautiful :perfect: You're not helping my desire to find a ratty J10 at all

I'd love to take that Datsun off your hands but I'm too far away. If anyone is brave/stupid/bored enough to drive it to TN I'll cover gas. That thing would be the perfect little truck for my brother so he can stop driving my drat truck :argh:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
ken holy poo poo its perfect

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

That's the most kastein vehicle ever. It's so perfect. Never let it go, never fix anything on the exterior. ❤️

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Amazing.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

NitroSpazzz posted:

drat that's beautiful :perfect: You're not helping my desire to find a ratty J10 at all

I'd love to take that Datsun off your hands but I'm too far away. If anyone is brave/stupid/bored enough to drive it to TN I'll cover gas. That thing would be the perfect little truck for my brother so he can stop driving my drat truck :argh:
Let me know when. I have all the parts in hand to make it run and drive again, I just haven't bothered because no one has told me they have the cash and are ready to buy it yet. It needs a slave cylinder, the two front shocks, probably a battery, and some other silly poo poo like that done, and it'll be done the second I hear someone wants to pick it up in a few weeks.

Sudo Echo posted:

Never let it go, never fix anything on the exterior. ❤️

No worries on the first part, but I'm going to fix some things on the exterior. I'm gonna fix the rot holes and stuff because I want it to last, and then do my best to make the Honcho paintjob on the bed contiguous again. Probably going to put rub rails on the bed so it doesn't get more mashed up by trees and maybe some rock sliders instead of the cab rockers too.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

GOD loving drat IT IMGUR YOU TWUNT

long story short, I am naturally good at breaking software. it just happens. I uploaded all those pics of the J10 to imgur using their latest app on my phone, posted them here, everything worked, days later my phone notified me that the imgur app said an upload failed and the only way (including rebooting it) to get the notification to go away was to hit cancel or retry. I didn't want two copies uploaded so I canceled. Apparently canceling a "failed" upload means "delete the images that actually uploaded fine but we thought failed". Time to upload them again and fix the img tags! loving rear end in a top hat shitcock cuntstain pile of gently caress garbage software dammit :rant:

I haven't managed to do poo poo with the J10 yet but the Forester's nearly gone. It's actually down a windshield frame and the doors as well, and the dash is completely stripped, but I haven't had a chance to do anything past that. Hopefully going to have it completely gone by early Saturday.

kastein fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 28, 2016

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006
This reminds me of time-lapse shipbreaking pics from Chittagong, but with less child labor and heinous injuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

:byewhore:

Also I found the PO's build thread over on IFSJA. The J10 has a lot more done to it than I thought, and from the looks of it, it's all done well! The only thing I sorta wish didn't happen is the bed bob, simply because it removed some of the swag-as-gently caress 70s bedside graphics. Here it is: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=145243

He posted this on Facebook this morning. I'm pretty sure my family is horrified that there is even more junk in my yard, but he's got a way with words and I'd like to see him collaborate with Seat Safety Switch and/or MrsAdiabatic.

cmelo posted:

I’ve been thinking. We’ve all considered Ken Stein to be the King of Trash for a while now. Sure, he’ll collect it, wear it, live in it, but, has he truly become ONE with the trash? Has he ever had to prove himself of the title. I suppose I for one can’t challenge him of it. As I sit here wearing a button up shirt and clean pants. No, but for the last ten years I have assembled a formidably dysfunctional vehicle of trash to put him to the test. I built a vehicle of so many random, already half(at best) worn out parts, some 60+ years old dug out of people’s backyards, or collected over years of ripping cars apart for a living. We’re talking trash stacked on top of trash on top of trash. I don’t think I had more than $100 in the bank through the entirety of building that thing. Anyway, there’s been some talks about throwing out some of my trash engineering in favor of some parts that already work. I get it, that’s what a normal person would do. They would give up on the trash life to have a running, reliable truck. Whatever. Question is, can Ken instead conquer this pile of trash that I’ve curated over the last ten years!? A younger, filthier, probably equally stupid Carmelo would pull the leaves out of the gas tank, throw in another junk buick century fuel pump wrapped in panty hose, cut some pieces off, weld some of them back on and get it running just enough to drive around Boston hoping that no cops notice I didn’t have a license plate. Ball is in your court, Ken.

I guess I'm not allowed to put an LQ4 in this beast until I meet it on its own level, force its garbage half seized 360 to bend to my will, am reborn in it, molded by it.