Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

We don't need a crystal ball to see the future. Roll Tide.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-son-head.html

quote:

A father accused of stabbing his two-year-old son in the head appeared in court today and sobbed to the judge: 'I shouldn't have any rights. Just shoot me, please. I killed my poor little baby.'

Micah Harrison, 30, from Robertsdale, Alabama, was arrested on Wednesday after police were called to an apartment in Noblesville, Indiana.

When they arrived they found his son Michael bleeding from multiple stab wounds.

He was pronounced dead at the scene and Harrison was charged with murder.

Neighbors told the Indy Star they saw a number of children outside playing on Wednesday afternoon on snow piles.

They said they saw a little boy fall, and a man shout at him and spank him before taking him inside.

It was soon after that police received a call to say a two-year-old had been stabbed in the head with a knife.

Police found three stab wounds on the toddler’s body – one in the center of his chest, one near the top of the chest and one in the forehead.

Police also found a nail-pulling tool on top of a dresser in the living room, the police document states. The shape of the tool is consistent with the wound on the child’s forehead.

According to the Indy Star, Harrison's mother told police her son thought that 'someone or something was trying to kill him' and that he attacked a closet door with the claw hammer shortly before he stabbed his son.

Pamela Harrison said she saw her son run into the room where the two-year-old was playing and when she went in she said she saw her son stab the toddler two or three times with a kitchen knife.

There were several people in the apartment at the time and Harrison's two daughters were seen being carried from the apartment by police shortly after the incident.

Harrison and his children were in Indiana on a day trip visiting relatives.

Neighbor Alex Carstens said of the arrest: '[Harrison] was just laying there on the ground, and the cops had a gun to him saying, "Put your hands up".'

Harrison has a litany of arrests and charges in Baldwin County in Alabama, including assault, unlawful possession of a controlled substance, unpaid traffic tickets and permitting dogs to run at large.

The child’s mother was not at the complex when the stabbing happened.

My dad sent me a link to the story this morning via email, and I didn't notice it being busy at work. But I took a look and realized that this is someone I used to play on the same t-ball team as a kid when we were younger. We went to the same school, though I'm not sure if he ever graduated or not.

He always seemed a bit slow/off as a child, but nothing of this sort would have ever crossed my mind. He was always getting in minor trouble, not listening, and generally seemed like the white trash kid who was mostly harmless if a bit redneck.

I'm assuming drugs of some sort were involved, though it wouldn't surprise me if there was a healthy bit of mental illness going on here.

Kind of a sobering thought to realize how close you were around someone who ends up pulling some poo poo like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Steak Justice
Jul 16, 2009

You are amongst friends.

LLJKSiLk posted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-son-head.html

My dad sent me a link to the story this morning via email, and I didn't notice it being busy at work. But I took a look and realized that this is someone I used to play on the same t-ball team as a kid when we were younger. We went to the same school, though I'm not sure if he ever graduated or not.

He always seemed a bit slow/off as a child, but nothing of this sort would have ever crossed my mind. He was always getting in minor trouble, not listening, and generally seemed like the white trash kid who was mostly harmless if a bit redneck.

I'm assuming drugs of some sort were involved, though it wouldn't surprise me if there was a healthy bit of mental illness going on here.

Kind of a sobering thought to realize how close you were around someone who ends up pulling some poo poo like this.

I was in a computer repair class with the kid who shot up Sandy Hook, so I sort of know the feeling.

e: vvvv The less said the better, he doesn't deserve to have people know about him.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

The Steak Justice posted:

I was in a computer repair class with the kid who shot up Sandy Hook, so I sort of know the feeling.

We still haven't heard a lot about the kid. Did you talk to him much?

That Turkey Story
Mar 30, 2003

Homicidal murderer I went to school with fatally stabbed his 2 year old son to death until he died.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

That Turkey Story posted:

Homicidal murderer I went to school with fatally stabbed his 2 year old son to death until he died.

Yeah I know, fatally stabbing to death was redundant.

He really is a homicidal murdering killer though.

Agro ver Haus doom
Jul 27, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

nives R leik gnus!

Morricone
Jul 7, 2005

Totally looks like one of the guys from the 90's tv-series "Full house".

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

Agro ver Haus doom posted:

When are we gonna get serious about Knife Control laws?

I'm with Biden. As long as we save one life the most Draconian law we can think of is warranted. We should make selling knives illegal.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

Morricone posted:

Totally looks like one of the guys from the 90's tv-series "Full house".

Same thought.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

quote:

'I shouldn't have any rights. Just shoot me, please. I killed my poor little baby.'
'Harrison's mother told police her son thought that 'someone or something was trying to kill him' and that he attacked a closet door with the claw hammer shortly before he stabbed his son.'

These quotes make this already terrible thing seem even more terrible. I assume drugs or mental illness are to blame here and that he didn't even know what he was really doing at the time.

loving terrible.

CousinKevin
Oct 16, 2012

Ever since they worked on that project together, her life turned around and became more exciting.

Something similar with someone I went to school with, he murdered his dad, and then hid the body in his house for weeks. I had one class with him, he always wore a suit to class, had a Spongebob backpack, and always liked to hang out with the janitor after school. Definitely shocked everyone in the school, since the school generally had a good reputation, and nothing like this had happened before. Even not really knowing the guy, it was still sobering, like you said.

Lt Greatsocks
Nov 4, 2009

If you stab your 2 year old to death I can't imagine that you're not crazy as gently caress. Although him being so remorseful about it is weird though. Can people just have complete-rear end mental breakdowns but be mostly fine other then that?

What say ye armchair psychiatrists? Or you know, any real psychiatrists?

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

wilderthanmild posted:

These quotes make this already terrible thing seem even more terrible. I assume drugs or mental illness are to blame here and that he didn't even know what he was really doing at the time.

loving terrible.

I hear you. He does have prior arrests for drugs, but anecdotal he was a bit strange acting growing up. Kind of "off" is the best way to describe it. Like angry and stupid.

I don't support the death penalty, but it was hard to argue otherwise with my dad when he called me about it 30 minutes ago saying we should just "Take him out back and shoot him."

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Actually, Lucy, my trouble is football. I just don't understand it. Instead of feeling happy, I feel sort of let down.

Go Lions.

I had an Eastern Studies class in high school with a guy one semester in high school, who was ftally shot during lunch the following year at his own house by a friend (upperclassmen were allowed to have lunch off-campus back then). Looking back the school didn't make a huge deal out of it, so I guess my point is that it's really weird when you know or have met a person who's later involved in something like this and you think "drat, that person's gone" or "that person killed someone else". I wasn't sure how I felt then and I don't know how I'd feel if it happened tomorrow

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Ummmm....

LLJKSiLk posted:

I don't support the death penalty, but it was hard to argue otherwise with my dad when he called me about it 30 minutes ago saying we should just "Take him out back and shoot him."

Is it? Because I'm kind of comfortable with my stance of not gunning down defenseless people in the streets that no matter what awful thing they did.

SaltLick
Oct 6, 2010

A guy I went to school with now plays in the NFL. Should have gone to school with cooler people.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke

Three Olives posted:

Is it? Because I'm kind of comfortable with my stance of not gunning down defenseless people in the streets that no matter what awful thing they did.

quote:

'I shouldn't have any rights. Just shoot me, please. I killed my poor little baby.'

Why are you trying to deny this man his right to die in a manner of his choosing, Three Olives?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

SaltLick posted:

A guy I went to school with now plays in the NFL. Should have gone to school with cooler people.

I went to school with at least one murderer and two guys who play in the NFL.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

reaching
present participle of reach
To draw a conclusion based on more than a moment's thought.

Three Olives posted:

Well to be fair he did say they would take him out back.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004
Walker...is a dangerous man..! Lee Marvin IS Walker, in Point Blank!

wilderthanmild posted:

I assume drugs or mental illness are to blame here and that he didn't even know what he was really doing at the time.

I wonder if the people that think making all drugs legal would solve all the problems will show up and defend the drug use.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RazorDX
Nov 7, 2008

wilderthanmild posted:

All we need now is someone who went to school with O.J. Simpson to chime in.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

They still call it the White House
But that's a temporary condition, too.

chemosh6969 posted:

I wonder if the people that think making all drugs legal would solve all the problems will show up and defend the drug use.

I also hope these straw men come in from the fields to defend their wild allegations.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

reaching
present participle of reach
To draw a conclusion based on more than a moment's thought.

chemosh6969 posted:

Why would you expect them to? Just because someone is for ending the war on drugs doesn't mean they wouldn't support the same kind of consequences for doing bad things under the influence just like we do with alcohol.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

chemosh6969 posted:

Pffft... easily remedied by adding warning labels. "Warning - May cause you to become a Homicidal Murdering Killer Lifetaker"

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!

Dude it's Robertsdale, it's nothing but hickville USA around that area.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

chemosh6969 posted:

1. What drug use?
2. Who thinks legalizing drug use will solve problems that are not created by drugs being illegal?

This seems to more of a case of man with paranoid delusions not getting the mental help he needed before it was too late. It makes me wonder if I've dismissed or ignored warning signs of soon-coming mental health emergencies in people I know.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009

wilderthanmild posted:

Yeah, but did they play for the Browns?

I only went to Randy Moss's rival school, I feel so left out.

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

LLJKSiLk posted:

Pffft... easily remedied by adding warning labels. "Warning - May cause you to become a Homicidal Murdering Killer Lifetaker"

Works on beer, guns, and cars.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

chemosh6969 posted:

Or you could have a look at the actual argument as it is widely available for anybody to read instead of waiting around for somebody to inform you.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

TooLShack posted:

Dude it's Robertsdale, it's nothing but hickville USA around that area.

True, but the current CEO of Apple also graduated from Robertsdale. We've got our bright points.

TheHistoryChannel
Feb 12, 2008

Ashrik posted:

1. What drug use?
2. Who thinks legalizing drug use will solve problems that are not created by drugs being illegal?

This seems to more of a case of man with paranoid delusions not getting the mental help he needed before it was too late. It makes me wonder if I've dismissed or ignored warning signs of soon-coming mental health emergencies in people I know.

This. Drug use can be a symptom of mental illness or a cause. Op said the guy was "off" as a kid and I doubt he was getting high before tee ball practice. The fact that he was immediately remorseful is a reason not to kill him. Study him, get him on meds, and let him live out his own private hell for the rest of his life in a hospital or jail. If were lucky maybe we can learn something about mental illness from him.

Nov 7, 2012
I give terrible advice in E/N and post nothing worth anybody's time.

i might be a social cripple irl

Lt Greatsocks posted:

If you stab your 2 year old to death I can't imagine that you're not crazy as gently caress. Although him being so remorseful about it is weird though. Can people just have complete-rear end mental breakdowns but be mostly fine other then that?

What say ye armchair psychiatrists? Or you know, any real psychiatrists?

Canada just released a guy after like 3 years and he killed both his kids brutally with a knife so I guess it's possible if you live in a liberal dystopia.

chemosh6969 posted:

Legalize all drugs.

Requested_Username
Nov 27, 2007

Fuck you, got Midas

LLJKSiLk posted:

I hear you. He does have prior arrests for drugs, but anecdotal he was a bit strange acting growing up. Kind of "off" is the best way to describe it. Like angry and stupid.

It's easy, just point out that due to legal fees it's more expensive to give someone the death penalty than it is to incarcerate them for life.

Cannot Find Server
Aug 13, 2008

Requested_Username posted:

It's easy, just point out that due to legal fees it's more expensive to give someone the death penalty than it is to incarcerate them for life.

When I said this to my father, his reaction was 'just get rid of the appeals system then!'

Because that's totally a great idea and all. Ugh.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere

Finally! Someone on your Tee-ball team who was a worse father, right?

edit: On second thought, I feel kind of mean comparing you to a murderer, even if you're coming out ahead. So I apologize. A little.

Unhinged Vulcan
Jan 5, 2012

LLJKSiLk posted:

Same thought.

"Cut-it-out."

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

I look forward to the creation of a government task force for the purpose of enacting meaningful legislation for knife control.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

G's up
Hoes down

He has a history of drug use, over aggression, seemingly unable to be successful, and loads of anecdotal evidence that he seemed unstable in some way. These are facts about him that have been presented to us.

So, what does his his medical and mental health history look like?

Everyone should be legally required to undergo free counseling and screening sessions every year, or something in that vein I guess.

SevenSixTwoX39
Jun 28, 2009

Capitalism has triumphed all over the world, but this triumph is only the prelude to the triumph of labour over capital.

Stoic Commie posted:

Everyone should be legally required to undergo free counseling and screening sessions every year, or something in that vein I guess.

Would you expand on your reasoning for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

chemosh6969 posted:

Absolutely no one here believes legalizing all drugs will solve all problems.

«3 »