Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«20 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003


Part 1: Lucky Breaks

It’s a cold morning in Corvis. A lazy breeze moves along the Dragon’s Tounge, half heartedly driving merchant ferries and smoke through the City of Ghosts. The day is still young enough to find you and your would be company, assholes to elbows, in the cheap room you’ve rented in the rented in The King’s Quill, one of the more affordable inns alongs the docks.

The last few weeks have been rough. You’re able to stay fed and living indoors by way of the occasional body guard gig, or a bit of private security work, but winter’s going to end and the campaigning season’s gonna start. If you want to be Irregulars in someone else’s war you need to get you charter approved soon.

From the sounds of clinking “silver”ware, and the smell of overly burnt bacon, it seems that Rolgo, the innkeep, is seeing to the morning crowd of locals. The combination of the Quill’s location and prices mean that it’s become a bit of landmark for the locals. Morning in particular as the third shifters dinner and nightcap collide with the dockworker’s breakfast.

What are everyone’s plan for the morning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!


Annalise Ardenne

Annalise is up early. Usually a stay in town is a chance to enjoy the nights and sleep in late, but sharing the room with six others - including an enormous troll - makes it difficult to find space for lounging around. If she wasn't already used to sleeping rough, she might not have gotten any sleep at all. Any other time of year she would consider camping out instead, but even their crowded lodgings beat hunkering down in the wind and snow and waking up covered in frost.

The other reason to be up early is for the sliver of privacy it provides while she's cleaning up at the washbasin and getting ready for the day. While she can usually rely on her comrades not to gawk or grimace at her scars, she'd still prefer to display them as little as possible. With her hair brushed over her scar and her hat cocked to aid the effect, she rolls up her possessions in her bedroll and tucks it away.

Once she's ready, the sounds and smells from downstairs come into sharp focus and set her stomach rumbling. Funds are getting low, and she could probably skip out the meal. On the other hand, the Captain always said that an army marched on its stomach - the first step to getting anything done was making sure the men were fed and rested. Anticipating another hard day of chasing up their potential charter, maybe it's best to be well fed. At this point she'll look to the others, seeing who else is ready or at least awake. "Sounds like breakfast is up downstairs. Who else wants a bite 'fore we hit the streets?"

First thing on the agenda is a greasy, smoldering breakfast. After that, we should get on the charter business and work out what needs to happen to get it signed

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008


Collin Burke

Collin hears Annalise's question as a dim light piercing the warm, heavy fog of pain that shrouds his brain. A wiser man might spend more of his meager wages on food, but Collin has never been accused of being particularly wise. And after a short career in the military gave way to an even more strictly regimented life in a military prison, the freedom to make bad decisions is still sweet to Collin. As is the freedom to get up when he pleases. He pulls the threadbare blanket over his head and rolls away from the intruding noise. The too-small blanket pulls up to reveal socks that are now more holes than fabric.

The drafty room sets a chill up Collin's spine, sweeping out the cobwebs once it reaches his skull. He sits up with a shiver and a groan. He tosses his long hair out of his face to reveal a smarmy grin. "Is that an offer of room service I hear? You're too kind, A. Though I think you'll have your hands full just carrying the big guy's food, much lest the rest of us." He jerked a thumb toward the gigantic trollkin.

Collin pulled out a small metal flask and unscrewed the top. He peeked inside and swirled it around. He tossed back his head and upended the flask, pouring the remaining two small drops of liqour into his mouth. "Looks like it's bacon for breakfast this mornin'," he grumbled.

As he pulls on his boots and packs up his gear, Collin asks to noone in particular, "So what's the latest on turnin' this outfit legitimate? Or, legitimate as a sorry band like this CAN be, anyway?"



pre:
Collin Burke
Race: Human
Archetype: Gifted
Careers: Arcane Mechanik/Soldier 
Player Name: Manifest Dynasty
XP: 5

Height / Weight:  6'2"/ 175 lbs.

Damage Capacity

 PHYSIQUE   AGILITY  INTELLECT    
 [ ] [ ]     [ ]       [ ]
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]  
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]    
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]    
         

Current Feat Points: 3

Stats: 
Phyisique [SPD/STR]: 5  [ 6(7)/4 ]
Agility [PRW/POI]:   4  [ 4/4 ]
Intellect [ARC/PER]: 4  [ 4/4 ]
Willpower (PHY + INT): x
(Advancement points spent on ARC, INT, PER, AGI)

Weapons:
Rifle, Repeating | RAT: 6 | POW: 10
Rifle | Range: 84' (14") | Extreme Range: 420'

Bayonet (Rifle) | MAT: 4 | P+S: 7
Great Weap.

DEF: 15 = 7(SPD) + 4(AGI) + 4(PER) + 1(Fleet) - 1(ARM)
ARM: 10 = 5(PHY) + 5(ARM)
INITIATIVE: 15 = 7(SPD) + 4(PRW) + 4(PER)
COMMAND RANGE: 5" = 4(INT) + 1(Command)

Skills:
Rifle 			(POI) 	2
Great Weapon 		(PRW)	1

Command 		(Soc) 	1
Craft (gunsmithing)   	(INT) 	1
Craft (Metalworking)   	(INT) 	1
Mechanikal Engineering 	(INT) 	2
Detection 		(PER)	2
Driving 		(AGI)	1
Medicine		(INT)	1
Survival		(PER)	1

Spells:
Arcantrik Bolt
Polarity Shield
Refuge

Benefits & Abilities:
Combat Caster (Gifted Arc Benefit) - Roll extra die, keep 2 best on ARC attack rolls
Exceptional Potential - +1 to PHY, AGL, or INT
Inscribe Formulae
Find Cover - At start of combat, can move 12 feet (2") and take quick
action to take cover or go prone
Sentry - Once/round, when enemy is placed in or moves into LOS, can
immediately attack that enemy

Gold: 43 GC
Gear:
Rune etching kit
Mechanika item (750 free)
	Armored Great Coat	(250)
	Arcanodynamic Accum.	(50)
	Rune: Fleet		(450)
		+1 SPD and DEF
Rifle, Repeating 	(80 g)
Ammo Wheel		
36 rounds		
Bayonet			
Gunsmith's Kit		(20 g)
Worn Armor:
	Mechanica Armored Great Coat (Fleet)

Connections:

Spoken Languages: Cygnaran, Khadoran

Manifest Dynasty fucked around with this message at May 25, 2013 around 23:51

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006



Jed Westman

Jed awoke with a start when the talking started, wiping off a bit of drool as his head was in contact with the wall. "Breakfast?" he sleepily slurred. "Lemme brew up the coffee first," he slowly staggered to his gear, shaking the cobwebs and sleep out of his head. "Coffee, then breakfast, yes." he mumbled as he withdrew yet another packet of Khadoran Blend, along with a small brewing torch.

They may be mad, brutal, mostly frozen warriors, the Khadorans, but dammed if they didn't have the most potent coffee.

pre:
Jed Westman
Race: Human
Archetype: Skilled
Careers:  Alchemist / Explorer
Level / Xp Earned:  Hero / 5 
Faith:
Player Name: Dedman Walkin


Height / Weight:  5’10 /170 lbs
Defining Characteristics:


Character Portrait:


Damage Capacity
 [ ] [ ]   
 [ ] [ ]  [ ] [ ]  [ ] [ ]  
   [ ]      [ ]      [ ]    
   [ ]      [ ]      [ ]    

Current Feat Points:  3


Stats: (Before stat raise)
Physique [SPD/STR]: 6 [6/4]
Agility [PRW/POI]: 4 [4/4]
Intellect [ARC/PER]: 4 [*/4]

(Starting increases Int +1, Phy +1, Per +1, Agl +1)

Weapons:
Ranged: 
Pistol, Repeating | RAT: 5  | POW: 10
Pistol | Effective Range: 48 ft (8") | Extreme Range: 240 ft
Attack Mod: 0 | Special: Quick action to replace ammo wheel
5 shots - costs 2go for 5 light rounds, 15gp for spare ammo wheels
35gp + 8gp for 20 rounds + 15gp spare ammo wheel

Melee:
Sword | MAT 4 | POW: 3
Attack Mod: 0
12gc

DEF: 13 = 6(SPD) + 4(AGI) + 4(PER) -1(Armor)
ARM: 10 = 5(PHY) + 5(Armor)
INITIATIVE: 14 = 6(SPD) + 4(PRW) + 4(PER)
Willpower (PHY + INT): 9
COMMAND RANGE: 4” = 4(INT) +0 (Command Skill) 


Skills:
Hand Weapon 1 (Prw, Alch)
Pistol 1 (Poi, Exp)
Thrown Weapon 1 (Prw, Alch)

Alchemy 2 (Int, Alch)
Command +1 (Social)
Medicine 2 (Int, Alch/Exp)
Detection 1 (Per (General skill), Exp)
Navigation 2 (Per, Exp)
Survival 1 (Per, Exp)


Benefits & Abilities:
Exceptional Potential (Human)
Skilled Archtype: Extra Attack during activation Phase
Deft (Skilled Benefit) gain Boosted AGL rolls
Grenadier (Alch): Gain additional quick action each turn that can only be used to pull the pin.
Poison Resistance (Alch): Gains boosted rolls to resist poisons and toxins
Big Game Hunter (Exp): Against natural animals or beasts, gain bonus on atack rolls equal to Survival skill
Language (Any)(Exp)
Port of Call (Exp): For every level in Navigation, nominate a location he's visited more than once a Port of Call.  Navigating to Ports are easier than normal 
travel
Explorer Special: gain 25gc monthly from patron as long as he reports in

Gold:  130 gc (200gc - 12 - 58)
Gear: 
Alchemist's Leather, gas mask, traveling alchemist's kit, any 5 Alchemical Grenades, and grenadier's bandolier
Map Case, Spyglass
Alch Grenades: 2 Knockout, 1 Cinder, 1 Aches of Urcaen

Worn Armor: Alchemist's Leather
SPD Mod: 0  DEF Mod -1  ARM mod +5


Mechanika:

Connections: Patron
Connections: Golden Crucible-Llael Branch




Permanent Injuries:
Spoken Languages: Cygnaran, Ordic, Khadoran
Religious Beliefs: Morrow, carries small charms of Asc. Corben and Asc. Ellena
Notes:

Dedman Walkin fucked around with this message at May 22, 2013 around 03:40

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011


Jeff Tazdaf

The sound of Annalise's voice woke Jeff up from a restful sleep. Yawning loudly, he slipped out from under the thin covering he had slept under and quickly shrugged on his clothes. "I'll be down in a bit", he says while stifling another yawn. First things first, maintaining his gear. Drawing his rapier Jeff quickly sets about removing the clockwork capacitor to recharge. Though he had already done so last night before finally going to bed it was a good habit, albeit one his master had to practically beat into him.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012


Julian di Lioni

Julian sleeps poorly, again, and gets up as soon as he hears Annalise moving about the room. He's still not used to sharing a room with so many people. He spends a while just staring out of the window before Annalise's question wakes him up for good.

"Hm? Oh, breakfast sounds good. Let's not make it a long one, I have a feeling this'll be a long, boring day." He rubs his eyes and puts on his glasses. Good grief the trollkin can snore. Or maybe it's someone else.

"First, we need a final draft of the charter. The particulars don't really matter, we can always revisit it later if need be, but it still needs to be thorough." That's the boring part. This is the part that's going to take long. He sighs. "And then, it must signed by a government official. Or someone with enough influence to be recognized. I think we could also approach a group like the Church of Morrow or the Mercarian League."

"Quite honestly, I would prefer not signing it with Cygnar. But maybe that's just me being Llaelese." He smiles and shrugs before heading down for breakfast. Burnt bacon, mm-mm!

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003



The King Quill’s Common Room
The Quill’s doing good business today. The breakfast crowd is wolfing down burnt eggs, burnt toast, and really burnt bacon. The “dinner” crowd is doing the same but with more beer, tobacco, and yelling. There’s about a dozen long tables with benches on either side. A few of Corvis' finest are sitting at one, with someone dressed a bit too nice for The Quill.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!


Annalise Ardenne

She rolls her eyes at Collin's question, and considers tossing something at him for good measure. Unfortunately the only thing in the room seems to be other people. "Fetch your own. Although if we don't get the charter in order, I might as well buy a dress and starting slinging plates for a living." What a miserable thought that is. No, she'd sign up somewhere else before then, even if it meant scurrying back to her old company with her hail between her legs. She'll give the others moment to get moving before heading down the stairs, calling back to the remainder "We'll grab a table for you lot."

Downstairs, she'll take a moment to scan the room as they enter, looking for any familiar faces. At first she assumes the guards are there for the food, same as anyone else. Then she notes the upscale patron they must be escorting. Who would bring an escort to the Quill, she wonders, while finding an open table for them. As she sits, she'll pick up the conversation with Julian "I'll be happy to have it signed in Merywyn as soon as you liberate the country and find a missing heir, Julian. Until then, Cygnar seems our choice." She waves for a server and a couple of plates "Can the Church even sign a charter? Suppose it's worth checking." Contemplating the idea of mercenaries of Morrow, she leans to peer at the out-of-place guest once again, hoping for a clue to their purpose.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012


Julian di Lioni

"Pfft. I guess I'll have to get on that." Julian sits across the table. "Remember that the Sancteum is technically a sovereign state, and influential enough that anyone would respect a charter signed by it. Of course, considering all the churches across Immoren are also on Sancteum's land, the terms might end up quite convoluted."

"At the very least, working for the Church might be able to help us get signed with Cygnar or even Ord." He rests his chin on his thumbs as the offhanded example begins to turn into an idea. A charter signed by the Sancteum would allow them opportunities and legitimacy not even an King Baird's signature would.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006



Jed Westman

Properly "awakened" with the Khadorian Blend, Jed makes his way towards cleanliness, then downstairs to breakfast, second cup of coffee in hand. Getting his fill of tuck, he sits with Annallise and Julian.

"Sancteum?" he ponders as he gnaws through pancake. "Yeah, could give us enough credit to get recognized, could open doors with the right people, organizations, and nations. But then again, they may want us to jump through hoops and follow extra rules."

"Figure it's not too terrible to check in with it, at the least."

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011


Jeff Tazdaf

Finished with his preparations, Jeff leaves the others in the room still sleeping and heads down to join with the others. Latest person to join the table and stuffing his mouth hurriedly, he only catches the last part about trying to charter with Sancteum, the Church of Morrow.

"The Church?" he says, looking a little surprised. "They might, but we'd probably have to prove ourselves first in spiritual quest of sort. Which could be anything, but mostly dangerous. I'd say its better to look elsewhere. Not to mention such a Charter would make us negate any contract if the Church became involved."

"We could try to collect a bounty placed by someone in a position of power. Defer the bounty and ask for help getting a Charter signed might work."

His piece said, he turns his attention back to finishing his food.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008


Collin Burke

Collin drops into a chair, chewing on a piece of bacon. "Now there's an idea. But any port in a storm, as they say. We shouldn't take anything off the table. Anybody know the story on Rolgo's fancy guest over there?"

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God


Slagg Stonefist

As the others get up and make their way down toward breakfast Slagg slowly opens his eyes, standing up from his corner he rises, stretching, like the movement of continental drift. A series of loud pops as he cracks his knuckles, and other joints. After some time he readies himself and makes his own way downstairs.

He quickly orders some breakfast and makes his way to the others' table. Coming in on the tail end of the conversation he glances around quickly until he spots the unusually dressed individual, never stopping his gaze. He quickly sits down. "So what is the plan for today?"

pre:
Slagg Stonefist
Race: Trollkin
Archetype: Mighty
Careers:  Pugilist / Stone Sorcerer
Level 1/ Xp Earned:   6/ 
Faith:
Player Name: Ryuujin


Height / Weight:  7’ /330 lbs
Defining Characteristics:


Character Portrait:


Damage Capacity
 [ ] [ ] 
 [ ] [ ]
 [ ] [ ]    
 [ ] [ ]       [ ]       [ ]  
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]    
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]    

Current Feat Points:  3


Stats:
Phyisique [SPD/STR]: 10 [5/7]
Agility [PRW/POI]: 3 [4/2]
Intellect [ARC/PER]: 3 [3/3]
Willpower (PHY + INT): 13
(Starting increases STR, PHYx2)

Weapons:
Ranged:
Scattergun | RAT: 1/3 | POW: 12
Rifle | Effective Range:  48 Ft (SP 8”) | Extreme Range:  -
AtkMod:  -2/0 | Special:  costs 1gc for blasting powder, shot, and casing for one round
10 shots

Melee:
Caspian Battleblade | MAT: 5/6 | P+S: 11/13
Great Weapon | AtkMod -1/0 | POW: 4/6
Special:  Must have STR 5, can be wielded in 1 or 2 hands.  
Knuckledusters | MAT:  6 | P+S: 8
Unarmed | AtkMod 0 | POW: 1
Special:  If knuckledusters are used to make a knockout strike that damages the target, add +2 to the target 
number to avoid KO.

DEF: 10 = 5(SPD) + 3(AGI) + 3(PER) -1(Armor)
ARM: 16 = 10(PHY) + 6(Armor)
INITIATIVE: 12 = 5(SPD) + 4(PRW) + 3(PER)
COMMAND RANGE: 3” = 3(INT) +0 (Command Skill) 


Skills:
Hand Weapon(PRW): 2
Unarmed Combat(PRW): 2


Detection(PER): 2
Jumping(PHY): 1
Intimidation(SOC/STR): 2
Steetwise(PER):  1
Survival(PER): 1

Benefits & Abilities:
Tough -- This character is more difficult to disable than most. (Trollkin)
Feat: Revitalize -- Allows a character to regain vitality, as long as he is conscious. (Trollkin)
Gifted--Will Weaver, ARC 3.  Start with a gifted ability
Additional Study--Gain a spell from one of his career spell lists.
Stone Sorcerer:  Begin with +1 PHY and +1 to racial max PHY, increasing by 1 each level
Puglist:  Begin with +1 PHY or +1 STR.  This adjustment can increase beyond his racial maximum.
Brawler:  When attacking with an improvised melee weapon can use unarmed combat instead of hand
	weapon.
Hulking Presence:  Adds an additional die to Intimidation skill rolls made using his PHY.

Spells:  (Fatigue: 0/3)
Battering Ram | Cost: 2 | Range: 6
AoE: - | POW: 12 | Upkeep: No | Offensive: Yes
When a character is hit by Battering Ram, he can be pushed 3” directly away from the spell’s point of 
origin.
Solid Ground | Cost: 2 | Range: Self
AoE: CTRL | POW: - | Upkeep:  Yes | Offensive: No
While in the spell caster’s control area, friendly characters cannot be knocked down and do not suffer blast 
damage.
Stone Stance | Cost: 1 | Range: 6
AoE: - | POW: - | Upkeep: No | Offensive: No
Target character cannot be knocked down, pushed, or slammed for one round.
Stone Strength | Cost: 2 | Range: 6
AoE: - | PWO: - | Upkeep:  Yes | Offensive: No
Target character gains +1 STR and ARM.

Gold:  60gc
Gear: 
10 shots of Scattergun ammo


Worn Armor:
Custom Battle Armor | SPD Mod: 0 | Def Mod: -1 | ARM Mod: +6

Mechanika:

Connections:


Permanent Injuries:
Spoken Languages: Cygnaran, Molgur-Trul
Religious Beliefs:
Notes:
pre:
Advancements
+2 Occupational Skills (+1 Intimidation, +1 Jumping)
+1 Spell, Ability, Connection, or Military Skill (+1 Unarmed)

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at Jan 8, 2014 around 05:16

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!


Annalise Ardenne

She chews thoughtfully on a mouthful while seriously considering Julian's suggestion. It's an interesting thought, but she has no idea how it would play out. It's not like burning churches was something she was keen on anyway, but even the Empress of Khador was technically Morrowan - and so would be a lot of the people they're liable to shoot. But the Percursors fought alongside Cygnar often enough. "I suppose we could look into it, at least. I'd guess that Jeff is right though, and they'd want us to be..." She pauses, sketching a circle in the air with the burnt bit of food on her fork while she looks for the right word. "...devout? You know, show some allegiance?" Though technically Morrowan, Annalise is keenly aware that most mercenaries - present company included - mostly bow their heads to money and drink. She examines the scorched object on her fork for a moment. It's impossible to tell whether it was originally eggs, bread, or meat. It's entirely possible that a piece of iron has flaked off Rolgo's ancient pans.

Annalise sets it aside as Collin sits, in favor of something that at least looks like egg. "No idea, but looks like they brought some city muscle." She flickers another contemplative look at the odd guest, and then shuffles further down the bench, trying to make some room for Slagg. His bulk was certainly reassuring in a fight, but the rest of the time he made her feel like a child, peering up at a looming parent. She answers his question briefly, "Not sure yet, but we might be going to church." She then nods toward the well-dressed patron. "What do you think? Trouble?" All that time working in bars, she thinks, might have given Slagg some better sense of how to gauge various guests and their potential.

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003




Slag and Annalise:
You notice one of the guards, a corporal by the insignia on his shoulder, lean towards the well dressed man beside him an flick his head at your table.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God


Slagg Stonefist

"A church?" He glances over at the well-dressed patron again as well, "not usually the type to start a brawl. Though other problems have occurred with that type before." Then he notices a guard indicating the would be mercenaries to the well-dressed patron. "Looks like there may be some trouble, or some job. One or the other."

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008


Collin Burke

Collin glances around the room. "What kind of sick monster would start trouble before breakfast is finished?" He asks through a yawn. "It better be that other thing."

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006



Jed Westman

Jed fights the urge to look around to find the person Slag pointed out. "I'd like to think nobody would try to start a fight in a crowded tavern, during breakfast, when people are either too busy eating or hungover to fight. Or both, depending. Slag, you've got eyes on our boy, what's he look like?"

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011


Jeff Tazdaf

Finishing his food, Jeff looks over at Slagg. "Given our luck so far, its probably both." His piece said, Jeff leans backs in his chair.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God


Slagg Stonefist

Slagg casually indicates the table with the well dressed patron, and the guards. "With any luck it will be work, if not. Well." With that Slagg takes a big bite of the bacon that has just arrived for him.

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003



The girl serving Slagg lingers for a moment, “Mister Rolgo said that ‘e was askin’ about you lot. The watchman that is.”

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!


Annalise Ardenne

She notes the attention the guardsmen is paying them with slight frown, and wishes that Slagg's input had been more reassuring. Sure, this wasn't likely to be trouble; but if it was, it was going to be bad trouble. Knocking heads with some drunk dockers would only mean some bruises and threats from Rolgo, but if they've crossed the law somehow it could get ugly in all sorts of ways. She abandons the inedible remains on her plate, and presses the helpful serving girl for any more information. "Any idea what for? Nothing to get Rolgo upset with us, I hope?" No doubt Rolgo wouldn't be pleased of some of his patrons were drawing particular interest with the city watch.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God


Slagg Stonefist

Slagg tries to think back to anything that could have drawn that attention. Apparently this watchman was looking for them. He waits for the serving girl to finish and once she walks away, hopefully after providing a bit more information, he turns to the others. "We may as well see what this is about." At which point he stands, ready to head over to the well dressed individual and guards.

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003



"Ah don' think you're in trouble per se" she says, relishing the sound of a phrase she rarely gets to use, "but that gentleman started a tab for those boys this morning and they've been here a bit longer 'n breakfast."



Across the room the guards patron notices Slagg standing and gives a nervous smile, he offers a halfhearted toast with a mug he is doing his best to avoid touching.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008


Collin

Collin perks up at the sound of free drinks. "Slagg's right. No sense keeping a generous man waiting." He gathers his pack and scoops up what's left of his bacon.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011


Jeff Tazdaf

Jeff lifts a hand towards Collin and says, "Whoa there Collin, he's paying for the guards drinks." Leaning forward on the table he continues. "But if they've been here since early this morning..." The man's well off, or better off than most in this quarter. He does seem to be intimidated by Slagg but trying to be friendly. So..."...it's a job. We may have been the specific target or just pointed out as a possibility. Me and Slagg will see what exactly" With that, Jeff stands and joins Slagg.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God


Slagg Stonefist

Slagg quickly finishes his bacon, wiping his hands off, and nods to Jeff. Then accompanies him to the onlooking patron's table.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006



Jed Westman

Jed turns to see Slagg and Jeff head over to the table. "Hopefully they'll bring us around to discuss work," he mused to himself, sipping his coffee. "Hopefully. Really not looking forward to a post-breakfast brawl."

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003




"H-Hullo," the well to do man say to you with a brittle smile. "I seem to have had something stolen from me and I would like to charter your services in getting it back."

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011


Jeff Tazdaf

Jeff feels the small bit of anxiety he had deflate as the man offers them the job. He still feels a bit cautious though. Putting on his best smile and a professional air, Jeff takes an available seat and begins to speak to the man.

"Our services are available for purchase. We can find what was stolen and 'secure' its safe return", he says with a wave towards Slagg.

"However, before that occurs, we need to know what the payment is, what was stolen, and information you may have regarding its loss. Give us the trail and we'll have it for you."

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003




"Oh, I know where it is. T-That's the issue. It just happens to be held by people Corporal Montis," he nods towards guardsman besides him, "and his men can't get to."

"As for puh-payment... I can see to it that you will become a legitimate mercenary ch-charter," he beams.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011


Jeff Tazdaf

The mention of a charter makes Jeff blink. Obviously he's done his research. Still, this job sounds like the best chance they'll get.

"We'll accept. Now whats the item, and where's it held?"

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003




"The object is an iron trunk, small enough for two," he pauses a bit to look at Slagg, "or maybe one person to carry. As to where -"

"Tigh Stonks," the Corporal cuts in, "he has it held in a warehouse he oversees. The problem is he's part of the Golden Crucible and uses their warehouses as fronts to move contraband. The Governor doesn't want to get into a pissing match with the Crucible so we haven't been move on Stonks. Now, if say, there was a big enough disturbance that we could justify going in there to make sure everything was okay..."

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011


Jeff Tazdaf

"And where's the warehouse in question? Or might we borrow Corporal Montis to lead us there?"

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!


[b]Annalise Ardenne{/b]

As much as she is tempted to get in on the discussion, having their whole party pile up on the guards table seems ill advised. Instead she leans back and does her best to evaluate what's going on. The man doesn't seem hostile, and she hopes Jeff can cut a reasonable deal.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006



Jed Westman

"Well, nobody's flipping tables or pulling weapons so far, so I'm kinda optimistic," Jed talks to himself as he finishes his coffee.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God


Slagg Stonefist

Slagg lets Jeff do the talking, though he would perhaps prefer Annalise for this. He casually makes a signal behind his back, where the well dressed man and guards cannot see, to indicate that all seems to be well. And that it may be work.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008


Collin Burke

Collin nods in agreement with Jed. "People who dress that fancy tend to need others to get their hands dirty. No shortage of dirty hands in this place." He taps a charred brick against his plate. "Is...is this toast?"

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012


Julian di Lioni

Julian leans closer to look at Collin's plate. "I... Certainly hope so."

After a moment of close examination, he adjusts his glasses and shifts his attention on the potential employer. "Such an odd sight, that man. He dresses well and has the guard in his pocket. But still he ventures down here in person, even though he's so clearly not comfortable here."

"I wonder why they've been waiting for us in particular. This might be interesting."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011


As relayed to me by Gr3y

Jeff Tazdaf

After a few minutes more of discussion, Jeff stands up and walks back towards the group, Slagg in tow. After they've sat down, he lays out the map he was given and begins to relay the info to the assembled party.

"Alright. This could be it. In exchange for securing an iron trunk we can get our charter. Securing it will be the tricky part though. There's a local criminal named Tigh Stonks who is part of the Golden Crucible and uses this warehouse as a front", he says pointing to the location on the map. "They can't bust in to look for it over the stink the Golden Crucible would make over it. So we either need to get it ourselves, or make enough trouble inside that they can use that as a pretext to search the place."

"The main entrance is the loading bay, secured by very thick iron gates opened by steamjack. I'm assuming there's also some side entrances for the workers. They've had a man of theirs casing the place and security is typically lighter a few hours before dawn."

"So. Plans?"

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«20 »