Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Elliott doing Kevin Costner as Mr. Mel Brooks the Two Thousand Year Old Assassin, was pretty fantastic on many levels though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The WHM guy's Louie Anderson slipped in Peter Lorre by the end there.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Drunkboxer posted:

The WHM guy's Louie Anderson slipped in Peter Lorre by the end there.

The entire cat hotdog exchange was absolutely amazing.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I really like how in this week's episode their impressions of Hollywood's idea of a New Yorker gradually shifted from hauling and eating garbage to art cinema aficionados.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Louis Anderson, The Last Entertainer is the best WHM tangent in forever.

Septic Knothead
Jul 23, 2009

Boris S Wart
The Second Meanest Man In The World

DoombatINC posted:

What episode is it from? I don't remember it from the most recent Planet of the Apes, though I could be mistaken.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Septic Knothead posted:

What episode is it from? I don't remember it from the most recent Planet of the Apes, though I could be mistaken.

The Day after Tomorrow

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Septic Knothead posted:

Today's. It's great.

I like the Wayne Knight parts, because I fit into the clothes better...

"Wait he's using the old clothes?"

"Well he's gotta!"

I love when they get into their own stupid logic.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

If you usually ignore the How Did This Get Made off weeks, they play a bit of an interview with Peter Fonda about Easy Rider 2 in the short episode they just released. Let's just say that he was not happy.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

DoombatINC posted:

Someone with photoshop needs to make a Blue is the warmest color poster with Louie Anderson.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Next week there will be TMNT SECRET OF THE OOZE!

Vakal
May 11, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Any bets on how often Tokka and Rahzar will be called Bebop and Rocksteady?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

bobkatt013 posted:

On which show

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

We Hate Movies; their hint for next week's episode was "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze"

They're also taking August off for summer vacation :( though they did say there'd be surprises, so I'm hoping they recorded some buffer content.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Since people have been quoting their favorite WHM moments, I have to give special mention to the part in the Die Another Day episode where they're talking about the use of London Calling when Bond says they have to go to London. I've been slowly making my way through their back catalog and Jupin's impression of a Mary-Kate and Ashley movie is hilarious for someone who grew up in the nineties with a younger sister.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DoombatINC posted:

We Hate Movies; their hint for next week's episode was "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze"

They're also taking August off for summer vacation :( though they did say there'd be surprises, so I'm hoping they recorded some buffer content.

I think the last time they took a break they released a bunch of stuff for the app.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

bobkatt013 posted:

I think the last time they took a break they released a bunch of stuff for the app.

Yeah, that's what they did. I know they talked about Star Trek Into Darkness in one of them. And I wanna say there was an episode all about getting a letter from someone about Jim Belushi being in some sort of weird MRA group across the street from their house.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Yeah we'll probably get an Animation Damnation and a mailbag in there somewhere. Wasn't August last year the release of the app in general? I remember thinking they took off solely to push the app but I guess I was wrong.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Has someone made a supercut of June saying "Gooby" yet?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Ghyewbee

radlum
May 13, 2013
I'm a little dissappointed that Nathan Fielder had so little to say, specially since he is Canadian. Still, a good episode.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

bobkatt013 posted:

I loving loved Secret of the Ooze as a kid, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it eviscerated this Tuesday.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

SoupyTwist posted:

Has someone made a supercut of June saying "Gooby" yet?

I know you wanted just June, but you'll have to settle for EVERYONE saying Gooby.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Qu_hGPtFM

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So far the WHM TMNT 2 episode is pretty drat good even acknowledging why they didn't go and do the obviously inferior third movie. I always enjoyed being Leo or Donny. :smith:

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

TMNT 2 is terrible but I will always love it. It's the first movie I remember seeing in theaters, and the VHS had a ridiculous trailer for Suburban Commando before the movie. Both points in its favor to me.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Since Alcohollywood gets brought up occasionally on here I thought I'd reveal our lineup for August through October, since we've got it figured out:

quote:

5-Aug 150 150TH EPISODE SPECIAL: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
12-Aug 151 SHARK WEEK SPECIAL: Deep Blue Sea
19-Aug 152 Dune
26-Aug 153 Sleuth (1973)
2-Sep 154 Hard Candy
9-Sep 155 UHF
16-Sep 156 The Horse Whisperer
23-Sep 157 Wargames
30-Sep 158 HORROR OCTORBOR: Nightmare on Elm Street 3*
7-Oct 159 Saw III
14-Oct 160 The Omen III: The Final Conflict
21-Oct 161 Paranormal Activity 3
28-Oct 162 Halloween III: Season of the Witch

*That's right, for our third Horror Octorbor it's all the third parts of several different horror franchises.

The UHF episode will see the return of former AV Club head writer/writer of Weird Al: The Book Nathan Rabin.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

egon_beeblebrox posted:

TMNT 2 is terrible but I will always love it. It's the first movie I remember seeing in theaters, and the VHS had a ridiculous trailer for Suburban Commando before the movie. Both points in its favor to me.

"It's the 90s. We're gonna sue ya!"

Burned into my brain forever.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
FIRST I WANTED TO KILL THEM NOW I HAVE TO PROTECT THEM
Funniest goddamn tangent they've gone off to.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Hewlett posted:

Since Alcohollywood gets brought up occasionally on here I thought I'd reveal our lineup for August through October, since we've got it figured out:

The UHF episode will see the return of former AV Club head writer/writer of Weird Al: The Book Nathan Rabin.

Great line up! Well..I'm not too fond of horror movies, but it's Halloween, so that's to be expected. I wish you were doing NOES2 instead of 3 though, that movie's so hilariously homoerotic. But yes, if you're doing the third of every movie for your third Horror October that makes sense too :p

I never watched The Horse Whisperer but I did read the book a whole bunch of times when I was young. I'm sure if I were to revisit it, I'd realise it was kind of terrible, but for an 11 year old, it was pretty great.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm surprised this week's WHM didn't have Steve talking about the comic at all. I was waiting all episode for Teenage Steve to start pointing out all the differences between the movies, comics, and cartoon.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Infamous Sphere posted:

Great line up! Well..I'm not too fond of horror movies, but it's Halloween, so that's to be expected. I wish you were doing NOES2 instead of 3 though, that movie's so hilariously homoerotic. But yes, if you're doing the third of every movie for your third Horror October that makes sense too :p

I never watched The Horse Whisperer but I did read the book a whole bunch of times when I was young. I'm sure if I were to revisit it, I'd realise it was kind of terrible, but for an 11 year old, it was pretty great.

Haha yeah, I am all too aware of how gloriously homoerotic NOES2 is, and we'll likely bring up as much knowledge as we can/have on the other films in the series for each episode.

As for The Horse Whisperer, that actually was borne out of a desire to do a Robert Redford movie for whatever reason, and we chose that over Sneakers. I think just because we haven't done a housewife-friendly movie in a long time, if ever(Notebook?), and we wanted a little something for the ladies.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
I suppose that's true. After all, if you don't have a strict set of rules for what movies you select, it must take a concerted effort on your part to keep all the selections varied and balanced.
What about films like Love Story or Ever After or Titanic? I suppose not strictly "housewife" movies, but if you're talking about movies with stereotypical female appeal...

It's funny, because I too find myself reviewing more dude movies (in that the movies I review tend to be about dudes.) I think it's just a symptom of the fact that the majority of movies still tend to be..well..about dudes, often made with a male audience in mind. Plus, in my case, there are way more queer male films than queer female ones, and most of the queer female ones are so boring and rubbish I can't bring myself to watch them. It almost does take a concerted effort to pick/watch/find movies that are about women, and also worth talking about.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm surprised this week's WHM didn't have Steve talking about the comic at all. I was waiting all episode for Teenage Steve to start pointing out all the differences between the movies, comics, and cartoon.

It's the same sort of thing as the Catwoman episode where they basically just shrug and say that if they pointed out differences that would be the entire show

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

If anyone is wondering how How Did This Get Made would handle the responsibilities of having a new baby and also regularly recording new episodes apparently the answer is to just bring the baby to the recordings where they constantly scream at each other and have the audio of a crying baby in the background of the entire episode. Jesus Christ

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fentry posted:

If anyone is wondering how How Did This Get Made would handle the responsibilities of having a new baby and also regularly recording new episodes apparently the answer is to just bring the baby to the recordings where they constantly scream at each other and have the audio of a crying baby in the background of the entire episode. Jesus Christ

Maybe they're going meta with the title of the show.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Fentry posted:

I know first time parenthood is scary for everyone, but these two seem especially clueless about it all. "A baby is coming! We need to quit all our jobs! It must be intensely stared at 24/7!"

A grandmother with a lifetime of parenting knowledge and a desire to look after their new grandchild is worth their weight in gold. These two sound like they have no support structure whatsoever.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
You guys are bein pretty fuckin weird about it

radlum
May 13, 2013
Yeah, you are making it seem worse than it actually was. The baby was an "issue" a couple of times and I really didn't mind, I mean, why would I be upset over a baby interrupting my free bad movie podcast? Is Sharknado 2 so important that the discussion must not be interrupted by anyone?

I think they just brought the baby as a "fun" thing and then they realized it wasn't a good idea because of the crying. I doubt they'll do it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Does anybody remember which WHM back episode introduced Muldoon's?