Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
WHM doing space jam. Don't know how the inner child feels about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

drat, I was hoping for Eddie.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Big announcement was that they were selected to be part of Spotify's podcast service. Also they're doing summer vacation again. :(

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Space Jam is the second greatest sports movie ever so I'm glad they're doing it.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Next week has to be Mortdecai, right? Or Transylvania 65000? were either of those released in the summer?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Next week has to be Mortdecai, right? Or Transylvania 65000? were either of those released in the summer?

They do worst-of in January iirc, and there is a 110% chance Mortdecai is in there because holy poo poo

e: oh man, I bet it's going to be Cats & Dogs.

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 10:34 on May 26, 2015

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I haven't listened to the episode yet, but they better have done a mash-up of their theme and the Space Jam theme.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I used to work in a furniture store, and in the kid's furniture section they had this movie playing on infinite loop on one of those setups where someone started the movie on repeat years ago and then forgot all about it. I worked there for a year and a half, and that entire time every time I walked through that section I'd be subjected to a chunk of Space Jam on a washed-out TV.

Michael Jordan can't act to save his life, but seeing the movie in spurts like I did really hammers home how bad an actor he is because you're seeing him with zero context. It doesn't help that a lot of his scenes are tight close-ups on his face (usually looking into the camera) as he talks to one of the cartoon characters because you just know he couldn't handle "stand here, look down at this mark, and deliver your line like you're talking to a person".

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I am going with ID4 or The Lost World: Jurassic Park

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Evil Mastermind posted:

I used to work in a furniture store, and in the kid's furniture section they had this movie playing on infinite loop on one of those setups where someone started the movie on repeat years ago and then forgot all about it. I worked there for a year and a half, and that entire time every time I walked through that section I'd be subjected to a chunk of Space Jam on a washed-out TV.

Michael Jordan can't act to save his life, but seeing the movie in spurts like I did really hammers home how bad an actor he is because you're seeing him with zero context. It doesn't help that a lot of his scenes are tight close-ups on his face (usually looking into the camera) as he talks to one of the cartoon characters because you just know he couldn't handle "stand here, look down at this mark, and deliver your line like you're talking to a person".

MJ never had a chance acting against balls on sticks. Goddamn Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman couldn't pull it off convincingly.

e: Next week has to be Lost World.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
Yeah, I'd assume it was ID4 normally, but with Jurassic World being released soon, it's gotta be The Lost World, right?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

OrangeKing posted:

Yeah, I'd assume it was ID4 normally, but with Jurassic World being released soon, it's gotta be The Lost World, right?

I think they mentioned they were doing lost world earlier this year. Might have been in a mailbag

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Found a loving hilarious podcast called "The worst idea of all time". Every week for a year, 2 new zealanders watch and discuss Grown Ups 2.

http://podbay.fm/show/824108207

After the year ends they move on to Sex and the City 2.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

weekly font posted:

MJ never had a chance acting against balls on sticks. Goddamn Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman couldn't pull it off convincingly.
so what's bird's excuse

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Illinois Smith posted:

so what's bird's excuse

No idea he is great on Its Always Sunny.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Illinois Smith posted:

so what's bird's excuse

Phoning it in for money I assume.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

chaos rhames posted:

Found a loving hilarious podcast called "The worst idea of all time". Every week for a year, 2 new zealanders watch and discuss Grown Ups 2.

http://podbay.fm/show/824108207

After the year ends they move on to Sex and the City 2.

Last week I finally made myself watch that loving movie because I've had this show on my list for ages, but 9 and a half episodes in I'm kind of done with it, which is a total letdown because the concept is so madly brilliant.

When they manage to stick to the topic for five consecutive minutes it's great, but half the show is off-topic garbage banter and it's never funny or worth anything. Just a whole lot of them bickering back and forth at length about how the other person is talking into the mic wrong, making a point of eating while recording (gross), one of them having an awkward phone conversation with his mother and leaving it in? Maybe I'll skip ahead a few eps to see if they get better at podcasting :/

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

flesh dance posted:

When they manage to stick to the topic for five consecutive minutes it's great, but half the show is off-topic garbage banter and it's never funny or worth anything. Just a whole lot of them bickering back and forth at length about how the other person is talking into the mic wrong, making a point of eating while recording (gross), one of them having an awkward phone conversation with his mother and leaving it in? Maybe I'll skip ahead a few eps to see if they get better at podcasting :/

That's exactly what I thought and I think I made it about as far as you :( The premise is amazing but I want them to talk more about the movie.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Why are there now multiple podcasts based around a single movie? A Talking Cast also comes to mind. All the fun of We Hate Movies is watching different bad movies :(

Tomahawk fucked around with this message at 14:59 on May 31, 2015

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
WHM and HDTGM were brilliant this week

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

facebook jihad posted:

Oh poo poo Abby from Broad City. HDTGM lives and dies with its guests because for fucks sake someone has to be funny.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

facebook jihad posted:

So was Flophouse, it was a really solid week in the world of campy movie podcasts

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I love how completely unsurprising it is that Elliot Kalan sort of enjoyed Mortdecai. Also enjoyed the bit towards the end where they all just geeked out over how great Mad Max is for literally 10 minutes.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Tomahawk posted:

Why are there now multiple podcasts based around a single movie? A Talking Cast also comes to mind. All the fun of We Hate Movies is watching different bad movies :(

I tried to listen to A Talking Cast and I just couldn't. It might be because I tried to jump in with a random episode, but it just didn't grab me in any way, shape or form. Worst Idea of All Time was better, I got to about..episode 27 before I gave up (because around episode 26/27 is one where they're just drunk and incredibly off topic and downright incomprehensible.)

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Infamous Sphere posted:

I tried to listen to A Talking Cast and I just couldn't. It might be because I tried to jump in with a random episode, but it just didn't grab me in any way, shape or form. Worst Idea of All Time was better, I got to about..episode 27 before I gave up (because around episode 26/27 is one where they're just drunk and incredibly off topic and downright incomprehensible.)

You listened to 27+ hours of people talking about a 90 minute movie over and over again and your biggest complaint is that they didn't stay on-topic.

Honest question: what is wrong with you?

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
Uh, I found it entertaining until then? It's a bit hard to describe, but I think the episode in question mostly involved helpless laughter and not much else.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
It's okay to like a podcast.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Granted, it just seems masochistic to spend over a day of your life listening to the same two people dissect the same bad movie over and over and over again. There's so much beauty in the world, so why waste one's fleeting time on this, of all things?

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Well, in my case, I would listen to the podcasts when cycling to class. I'm still cycling to class, I didn't waste the time - even if I were listening to a 25 minute recording of fart noises, sure, I'd be rather weird, but I'm not really wasting the time as I have to use that time to cycle to class anyway.

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

:fork::fork::fork:
Yam Slacker
I think I've listened to every episode, although I don't know how much of any I've stayed conscious through. I do think they are both funny, but if you are paying any sort of focused attention on The Worst Idea of All Time Podcast, you're listening to it wrong.

That probably goes for most if not all podcasts.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Infamous Sphere posted:

Well, in my case, I would listen to the podcasts when cycling to class. I'm still cycling to class, I didn't waste the time - even if I were listening to a 25 minute recording of fart noises, sure, I'd be rather weird, but I'm not really wasting the time as I have to use that time to cycle to class anyway.

Rapidly Going Deaf - listening to a 25 minute recording of fart noises

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
Listening to We Hate Movies hock DraftKings like nobody has ever hocked a daily fantasy sports site before will never get old to me. Use promo code HATE!

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

New WHM is up!

I'm hoping the next episode is My Favorite Martian. I feel like it's Baby Geniuses though. Are those considered blockbusters?

PUGGERNAUT fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 9, 2015

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

PUGGERNAUT posted:

New WHM is up!

I'm hoping the next episode is My Favorite Martian. I feel like it's Baby Geniuses though. Are those considered blockbusters?

Maybe in an alternate reality, but not in this universe.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

drat I do not think Suburban Commando came out in the summer.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It's gotta be Angels in the Outfield

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Maybe it's Star Trek III? They are huge Trekkies, although I guess if they were doing Star Trek again, V would be more likely.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Kevino07 posted:

Maybe it's Star Trek III? They are huge Trekkies, although I guess if they were doing Star Trek again, V would be more likely.

Yeah. Although they did seem to think Insurrection was a better target than Nemesis, so I'm not sure they're totally trustworthy on that front.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Drunkboxer posted:

Yeah. Although they did seem to think Insurrection was a better target than Nemesis, so I'm not sure they're totally trustworthy on that front.

They also did nemesis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kevino07 posted:

V is heavily trodden ground. III is a... well, it's an odd numbered Star Trek movie. And it's the Star Trek movie that nobody talks about. Now that you've made me think about it, I'm kind of hoping that they do it.