Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

well why not posted:

Paul Scheer's new show is about some reality TV program?

Pretty sure he's not the host, it's Casey Wilson and Danielle Schneider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
but what about tony's family that was wiped out by idi amiiiiiin

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
STATION!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Weird choice for a movie this week, but drat that was fun. The Care Bears help Nicaragua death squads? Where's that fan comic deviant art?

Also what is the movie next week? I don't know what STATION is from.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BigRed0427 posted:

Weird choice for a movie this week, but drat that was fun. The Care Bears help Nicaragua death squads? Where's that fan comic deviant art?

Bill and Ted man

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

BigRed0427 posted:

Okay, stop whatever you're doing, get a tall, frosty glass of water, and treat yourself to Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

It's about drat time.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's about drat time.

Seriously. I think Bogus Journey is one of their most referenced "stay tuned" movies they haven't done an episode on.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine

bobservo posted:

Seriously. I think Bogus Journey is one of their most referenced "stay tuned" movies they haven't done an episode on.

What do they have left now that Thinner has been done? Do we have to wait for 10 years after RIPD?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

What's its mission?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
From the We Hate Movies thread in CD:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I'm genuinely surprised they all concluded that Excellent Adventure is the better movie. I thought the general consensus is that Bogus Journey holds up better. The first one wears thin and drags on after a while, and Bogus Journey in general is more clever and inventive.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I'm genuinely surprised they all concluded that Excellent Adventure is the better movie. I thought the general consensus is that Bogus Journey holds up better. The first one wears thin and drags on after a while, and Bogus Journey in general is more clever and inventive.

No, EA is mostly considered the better one.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Anyone remember which episode the line "grade A meat piss" comes from?

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Is the Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey episode of We Hate Movies a good representation of what I could expect from other episodes?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ariza posted:

Is the Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey episode of We Hate Movies a good representation of what I could expect from other episodes?

Yes.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Rodyle posted:

No, EA is mostly considered the better one.

Weird, I remember liking BJ a lot more. Maybe it's been too long since I've seen them.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

:( I was hoping to find something new that I enjoyed with a lot of content for a long trip coming up. I don't hate it as much as HDTGM, but it was not for me. F-bomb.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Ariza posted:

:( I was hoping to find something new that I enjoyed with a lot of content for a long trip coming up. I don't hate it as much as HDTGM, but it was not for me. F-bomb.

To be fair, that wasn't their best episode I think . My go to fav episodes are Butterfly Effect, Easy Rider 2, Hider in the house, The Paulbearer, invisible child, the good son. Probably a bunch more. Weekend at Bernies 2 was good for Jeffery Dalmer calling customer service bits.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Just find an episode on a movie that interests you and see if you like it. It's not the biggest investment.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

BigRed0427 posted:

To be fair, that wasn't their best episode I think . My go to fav episodes are Butterfly Effect, Easy Rider 2, Hider in the house, The Paulbearer, invisible child, the good son. Probably a bunch more. Weekend at Bernies 2 was good for Jeffery Dalmer calling customer service bits.

Thanks for the recommendations! I got a handful of those that I could find on the feed. Hoping it clicks!

weekly font posted:

Just find an episode on a movie that interests you and see if you like it. It's not the biggest investment.

Weird, I already had you on ignore. Wonder why.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
The ewok ones are amazing.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

Ariza posted:

Nope, I'd check out like the Halloween 3, hamburger the movie, or joysticks.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

BigRed0427 posted:

Weekend at Bernies 2 was good for Jeffery Dalmer calling customer service bits.

Those actually felt really forced to me after the first one, but hey, different strokes. Ewok ones remain my favorite.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Boondock Saints 2 is probably my favorite episode, just for how MAD they get. They really hate that movie and Troy Duffy. Blame it on Rio is a close second, it's the most disgusted they've ever been.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Boondock Saints 2 is probably my favorite episode, just for how MAD they get. They really hate that movie and Troy Duffy. Blame it on Rio is a close second, it's the most disgusted they've ever been.

I liked the idea that the hell for Troy Duffy is a room where he can get out as soon as he wants, he just has to have consensual sex with Frank Miller.

This also doubles as Frank Miller's hell.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
The third episode of bitch fest appeared on the hdtgm feed and all of a sudden it's clear why they were on it at all

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Another one of my favorites is Bordello of Blood. Several good running bits in that one like the creepy guy in accounting who's super into Tales from the Crypt.

Septic Knothead
Jul 23, 2009

Boris S Wart
The Second Meanest Man In The World

Al! posted:

The third episode of bitch fest appeared on the hdtgm feed and all of a sudden it's clear why they were on it at all

Please elaborate.

Train Surgeon
Jan 14, 2012

Al! posted:

I've deleted all of them as they appeared, please tell me they're branching out to reviewing terrible podcasts as well.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I haven't listened to any of these but I guess he meant that *gasp* June's the guest on the third one?

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
If anything it would be the fact that June is friends with Casey Wilson and they frequently work together.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

June was guesting on that episode, so it looks like they were publishing that show until they got to the June episode, no conspiracy theories here, sorry

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Train Surgeon posted:

I've deleted all of them as they appeared, please tell me they're branching out to reviewing terrible podcasts as well.

They are simply advertising for a new show by pushing it out to their subscriber pool, not reviewing reviews of Real Housewives. I'm still not sure why it bothered me, I just didn't download them, but there was still something skeevy about using a listener base as an advertising pool by calling them "bonus" episodes. No idea.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Anyone remember which episode the line "grade A meat piss" comes from?

That's from Mrs. Doubtfire.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

what in the ever living gently caress is cdbaby.com http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/wehatemovies5

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

it's the best independent music store on the web, obvs

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Don't remember if it was this thread or another thread, but someone mentioned that CDBaby gives them a waaaay better cut of the profit than iTunes or Amazon. So yeah definitely get it from CD Baby if you can.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

That was me. I think the exact numbers are

iTunes' cut: 30% (0.90 $)
CD Baby's cut: 9% (0.27 $)

per digital download without a label involved. So yeah, for a thing that has almost no production costs the difference is pretty substantial, if you want the guys to get your money on this you should probably take the two minutes to set up an account. They're completely legit and have been around since the late 90s.

It doesn't apply here but for physical copies the rate's even better because they allow bands to set their own price and only keep a flat four bucks per unit (vinyl or CD). So that's why they're popular with independent musicians.

The other commentaries are up there too btw.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Dec 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

So if that's the case if I buy it on cdbaby they get about 3.60 but if I buy it on Apple they get about 7 bucks. I appreciate them finding a low cost alternative but if you want to support them you should def buy the iTunes version or buy the cdbaby one and donate another 3-4 bucks