Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Rodyle posted:

I called in Osmosis Jones, as I do

Was that movie that bad?

I've definitely seen it but gently caress me if I can recall a single scene. I figured it must still be better than some goddamn Minions movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
I remember it as entertaining cartoon scenes interspersed with gross live action Bill Murray scenes. Like, really gross.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Infamous Sphere posted:

It's the month of march, but you only have until midnight on February 8th East Coast of US time zone to call in. This year they're taking all of the suggestions and putting them into a hat, and pulling out the winners.

I just called in to suggest the movie I always suggest, The Watcher. Naturally I sounded nervous and stupid on the phone call so if I get picked out, look forward to that!

Same, what with the awkward nervousness.

I called in Night Train to Terror

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Good HDTGM this week, it was fun to hear June turn the tables on Paul and give him poo poo the entire podcast about missing an obvious thing in the movie.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

kdrudy posted:

Good HDTGM this week, it was fun to hear June turn the tables on Paul and give him poo poo the entire podcast about missing an obvious thing in the movie.

This was glorious.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Oh, god, Daredevil on WHM. I was waiting for Evanescence jokes and they delivered. Oh, and also congrats on coining a new, extremely gross catchphrase, guys

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

davidHalestorm posted:

Oh, god, Daredevil on WHM. I was waiting for Evanescence jokes and they delivered. Oh, and also congrats on coining a new, extremely gross catchphrase, guys

Mom get over here!

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Michael Clarke Duncan really was great in that movie. I wish he was the only villain, not Colin Farrell.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
I'm SO happy to report that WHM are doing the movie that I sent in next week. The Watcher. Keanu's terrible dancing. Spader's terrible...whatever he was doing. My favourite bad movie of all time! So I get to hear them review it AND nobody has to hear my shaky Skype call - I guess that's a win-win!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Infamous Sphere posted:

I'm SO happy to report that WHM are doing the movie that I sent in next week. The Watcher. Keanu's terrible dancing. Spader's terrible...whatever he was doing. My favourite bad movie of all time! So I get to hear them review it AND nobody has to hear my shaky Skype call - I guess that's a win-win!

Hey sweet.

I listened to the latest Flophouse, and I find it funny that they ended up kind of liking Seventh Son just because Julianne Moore and Jeff Bridged did NOT pull a Michael Caine in the Last Witchhunter

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
poo poo, I want a full 4 minute long version of the WHM's guys' Evanescence song.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

poo poo, I want a full 4 minute long version of the WHM's guys' Evanescence song.

I was sorta amused and then once Eric came in I loving died.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I was sorta amused and then once Eric came in I loving died.

It's probably the funniest thing that I'll hear this week, I was doing that weird contorted face silent sniggering while...I dunno, sewing some seams or whatever the hell I was doing at the time.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

bobkatt013 posted:

Mom get over here!

This is by far my new favorite catchphrase :allears:

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Hey, which WHM episode was it where the gang briefly discussed the She's All That episode and how uncomfortable they are with all the do not worry about Paul Walker jokes now? I want to listen to that one again for some reason.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

davidHalestorm posted:

Hey, which WHM episode was it where the gang briefly discussed the She's All That episode and how uncomfortable they are with all the do not worry about Paul Walker jokes now? I want to listen to that one again for some reason.

I think Entourage where Andrew's about to say do not worry about Mark Wahlberg but Steve cuts him off before the WHM curse takes place and then at the end Eric says a very pointed do not worry about Carson Daly

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Ah, thank you. Speaking of Entourage,I was gonna ask why the Entourage movie was a such lop but apparently it did fairly Ok. It's just got bad reviews for the reasons outlined in the episode.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I was laughing like a madman with the callback to the Mister Anderson gag during the latest WHM.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Man I am looking at these WHM Commentaries and it's like, I wish one of these was of a movie I could stand watching (besides CHUD). Don't care about Trek, I won't rewatch Sith, and there is quite literally no other movie that has ever made me as angry as Sucker Punch.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Rodyle posted:

there is quite literally no other movie that has ever made me as angry as Sucker Punch.

You're not alone there!

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/536643611459604480

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
That must've felt so satisfying.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I can't imagine being so angry over Sucker Punch. There are so many bad movies out there, at least Sucker Punch is bad and unlike anything I've ever seen before. I finished thinking, "What the gently caress was that?" which imo puts it above most mediocre-to-bad cinema.

I mean, Oscar Isaac song and dance number. C'mon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBVExpGMuB0

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I can't imagine being that angry at Sucker Punch because Sucker Punch was so loving boring and unengaging it was drat near impossible to feel any way about it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

TetsuoTW posted:

I can't imagine being that angry at Sucker Punch because Sucker Punch was so loving boring and unengaging it was drat near impossible to feel any way about it.

The WHM guys are very good at bringing you into their anger.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer
It was Andrew's first viewing of Sucker Punch so experiencing it again through his eyes made it very obvious how uncomfortable it all ways

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but there are some movies that get stuck in your craw. It could be a mostly harmless film that other people may seem to actually enjoy but for some reason it just makes you angry.

It's sand that gets under your tongue and grows and grows until it turns into a beautiful pearl of hate. It's a white whale that took your leg and kicked you in the nuts.

That's what Ultraviolet is to me.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Andrew Jubin lives the high tension Harry Potter life

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Guess I'm going to Harry Potter jail with Eric...

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Al! posted:

The WHM guys are very good at bringing you into their anger.

I just bought and listened to the Sucker Punch-mentary last night, it was hilarious and it's the only way I can go through that movie. There are some very uncomfortable scenes in that movie, the guys' commentaries made me laugh through it. <breathy creepy voice> "I called them my pretties, I dressed them like kiddies, hehehehe" <breathy creepy voice>

Another way to summed that movie is this Kate Beaton comic:

http://harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=311

NewtonFig
Apr 28, 2006

Not Head Brain of the Hobosphere

Croisquessein posted:

I forgot about Your Stupid Minds for awhile and just checked out their most recent episode on Fantastic Four and it's great. Their speculating about how Dr. Doom got his doctorate when he got trapped in an alternate dimension as a teenager, and Dobson sounds like Henchman 24 when he gets riled up. "Why does he have to be American, his name is Von Doom!" And I just realized the FF movies are each exactly 10 years apart.

Thanks for the mention! We got especially riled up over Fantastic Four. Such a wasted opportunity.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Hm. Looking at my hard drive here, I could finally watch Persepolis or rewatch Eternal Sunshine.

Or, I could go into the darkness with the Suckerpunchmentary.

Crisco Kid
Jan 14, 2008

Where does the wind come from that blows upon your face, that fans the pages of your book?
/Film's "Oral History" companion pieces to HDTGM have made the show a lot more engaging for me. There are a ton of podcasts about people reacting to ridiculous movies, but when Paul recaps some of the best/weirdest background details on the Additions and Omissions follow-ups, it's a whole 'nother behind-the-scenes layer of crazy, and I end up reading the entire article.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
I really enjoyed the HDTGM review of The Covenant. I was reluctant after barely getting through Teen Witch, but this one they actually explained the plot, made fun of stuff that deserved it, and generally it was funny. I used to really like HDTGM but lately it's been a chore. The movies they choose and the way the gush over the fashion stuff turned me off. I don't care about 80s hairstyles. I'm much happier when they stick to making fun of stupid stuff in a movie.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Yeah hdtgm is definitely my least favorite bad movie cast now. Is it me or does anyone else feel like June has been playing it up for a while?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

DrManiac posted:

Yeah hdtgm is definitely my least favorite bad movie cast now. Is it me or does anyone else feel like June has been playing it up for a while?
I bailed on it a few months ago after it was apparent they were desperately trying to manufacture the magic of "What is a Street Fighter?" over and over again.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
I bailed on HDTGM as well shortly after the "Deep Blue Sea" episode, even though I'd been listening to it pretty consistently before that point. I got sick of the attempts to graft running gags into the show, thought the June bits were more troubling and sad than funny, and realized the only reason I enjoyed some of the then-recent episodes were because of guests like Wyatt Cenac and Paul F.Tompkins.

That being said, the podcast has justified its existence with the oral history pieces, because those are infinitely more entertaining and interesting.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

DrManiac posted:

Few months ago I said as much personally. June is always forcing how ignorant she is about movies and whatever is going on.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Tracula posted:

Few months ago I said as much personally. June is always forcing how ignorant she is about movies and whatever is going on.

It seems like, at least for live shows, Paul and especially Jason are jumping at any opportunity. The moment June says anything, even stuff not very crazy, Jason will jump in and be like "Are you saying you're an expert in this June?" Or "wait wait wait, are you saying you think *a big leap of faith of what she said*".

I still like the show but it's a bummer when they have to stick to their schtick for the live audience.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

The Senator Giroux posted:

It seems like, at least for live shows, Paul and especially Jason are jumping at any opportunity. The moment June says anything, even stuff not very crazy, Jason will jump in and be like "Are you saying you're an expert in this June?" Or "wait wait wait, are you saying you think *a big leap of faith of what she said*".

I still like the show but it's a bummer when they have to stick to their schtick for the live audience.

That's been my complaint with that show for months. June can't just talk anymore. And not once has Jason yelling at her to say something stupid worked. Honestly she seems pretty checked out. If June's on an episode now, it's going to A) be a lot about how great everyone looked, and B) jump right to the ending of the movie since that's the only part she remembers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lotta del closes in here