Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Rodyle posted:

Leaned way too much on Gallagher but Ladyslap is pretty good

Its pretty amazing because its all based off that one WTF interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

GoutPatrol posted:

Its pretty amazing because its all based off that one WTF interview.

I have the dumb brain today because for a while I was wondering what Gallagher interview you were talking about :v

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

That Blake Harris interview with Mel Brooks is pretty great.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

And it was somehow topped by an ENGAGEMENT in the following episode.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

HDTGM is doing Dragonheart. I still unironically love this movie and I will defend it to the death, so this'll be a fun one to listen to.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Finally getting to Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead WHM. This may be my favorite episode yet.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I was getting real tired of the Lucas bits but then they got to the George/Louie cubicle stuff and holy jesus what a vision of hell.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I'll say it, I'm a huge fan of their nick nolte/donald duck impression

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Worth keeping this thread alive to note there's an all-time WHM moment late in this week's episode courtesy of Eric.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Got around to WHM's Lady in the Water episode. I'd never seen the movie and had assumed it was about a water ghost lady that kills/drowns people and haunts her widower husband or goes succubus on the main character.

I should have directed this movie. Would have been much better.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Worth keeping this thread alive to note there's an all-time WHM moment late in this week's episode courtesy of Eric.

Agreed, the Star Trek 5 episode has one my favorite moments ever.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

MariusLecter posted:

Got around to WHM's Lady in the Water episode. I'd never seen the movie and had assumed it was about a water ghost lady that kills/drowns people and haunts her widower husband or goes succubus on the main character.

I should have directed this movie. Would have been much better.

Count me in to the "I had no idea what this movie is about" party, I thought it was something about Arthurian legend.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah I always thought it was just a monster movie about an evil pool lady, when they started talking about Skrunts and whatever I initially thought they were referencing something else

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I don't know if that movie's "gotta see it bad" but it's still explaining lore like right up to the climax. Whole lot of who could give a poo poo in it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

This seems like a good time to point out that Trade Beaulieu and Frank Conniff have started a new bad movies podcast called Movie Sign with the Mads. It's only two episodes so far but it's very enjoyable.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

A Meat posted:

Count me in to the "I had no idea what this movie is about" party, I thought it was something about Arthurian legend.

I got lost when they start saying the terms, narfs and skrunt and I normally like bullshit fantasy terms

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

davidHalestorm posted:

I got lost when they start saying the terms, narfs and skrunt and I normally like bullshit fantasy terms

Do not forget the woefully underutilized Tartutics

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Evil Mastermind posted:

This seems like a good time to point out that Trade Beaulieu and Frank Conniff have started a new bad movies podcast called Movie Sign with the Mads. It's only two episodes so far but it's very enjoyable.

Ohhh, cool. I saw them at the Rifftrax MST3K reunion show - I knew there were doing a travelling riffing act together, but I didn't know they had a podcast now. They were really funny, although Frank was a little quiet - they seemed to suggest it was because he had to keep it PG-13, but it might have also been because there were like 8 or 9 people on stage showing him up. Trace was on loving point though.

As a side note, that show as also my first exposure to Jonah Ray, and HOLY CRAP he's funny. Can't wait for the new MST3K.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 21, 2016

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

thrawn527 posted:

Agreed, the Star Trek 5 episode has one my favorite moments ever.

I'm not sure which WHM episode-long gag is my favorite. The Agent Smith one is loving gold but I can't deny my love for MOM! GET OVER HERE!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

WHM Nolte is going to cause voice loss at some point

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
I listened to too much WHM and am now unable to say "god dammit" like a real human being instead of GAWD DAMMUT

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Tried to give The Canon another shot and made it for like 2 1/2 episodes. Both hosts are pretty annoying but at least with the guy I kinda get where he's coming from because I used to nerd out over dumb horror movies too. I just can't deal with the woman host's terrible opinions and their combined annoyingness.

No lady, Tusk isn't even good, let alone a modern horror classic. Let Me In wasn't better than Let The Right One In, no matter how long you waffle on about how much clearer and streamlined the storytelling was. 50 Shades of Grey wasn't "artfully directed".

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

Illinois Smith posted:

Tried to give The Canon another shot and made it for like 2 1/2 episodes. Both hosts are pretty annoying but at least with the guy I kinda get where he's coming from because I used to nerd out over dumb horror movies too. I just can't deal with the woman host's terrible opinions and their combined annoyingness.

No lady, Tusk isn't even good, let alone a modern horror classic. Let Me In wasn't better than Let The Right One In, no matter how long you waffle on about how much clearer and streamlined the storytelling was. 50 Shades of Grey wasn't "artfully directed".

This show is so terrible, it's the podcast equivalent of the Lockhorns. Just one super-artificial manufactured argument after another.

Also WHM has been very solid lately, but didn't really feel Con Air. I do love when podcasters ideas to fix a movie make it much worse, like their ideas about the Steve Buscemi character.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

laz0rbeak posted:

Just one super-artificial manufactured argument after another.

I think this is what bugged me the most. The 'arguments' were such over the top bullshit it was clearly fake, or that person is just loving nuts.

It feels like they took a normal person's contrary views and inflated them fifty times over

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

laz0rbeak posted:

Also WHM has been very solid lately, but didn't really feel Con Air. I do love when podcasters ideas to fix a movie make it much worse, like their ideas about the Steve Buscemi character.

I wasn't really feeling it either. There were some good moments but I felt like they kind of rushed a few parts of the movie and didn't linger on some of the goofier stuff I was hoping they would. They didn't mention that part where Cyrus has left some ridiculous bomb behind in his cell and John Cusack dodges a horrible CGI door :( I did appreciate their goofs on how Cyrus goes through a wormhole at the end after flying off the firetruck where he lands on some rock crushing conveyor belt, which always cracked me up.

It was kind of funny having not seen the movie in years (after watching it dozens of times on HBO growing up) I never realized how much of the movie centers on getting Baby-O a needle.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I do remember The Worst Idea of All Time nearly did a season on Con Air but they ended up determining it to be too good. I think the best WHM episodes are on truly awful films and not guilty pleasure like Con Air or Predator 2. Granted those episodes are fine but not nearly as great as the third Matrix film or something like that.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

laz0rbeak posted:

I haven't been feeling it since Cabin left. The others, left to their own devices, really land of "Wouldn't it be crazy if some other character from a different movie showed up!?" Like every 5 minutes. And then Cabin came back, but didn't really talk much. Hopefully they get back on track after the break. That rerun of "Addicted to Love" just kinda puts on display how much funnier they used to be.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Addicted to Love is a classic episode, in my opinion. Always been one of my favorites!

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Illinois Smith posted:

I just have to listen to this. What episode do they talk about 50 Shades of Grey?

Also. Is the Devin Faraci on the Canon podcast the same one who said he has more respect for ISIS than GamerGate?

Tracula fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Aug 7, 2016

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Tracula posted:

I just have to listen to this. What episode do they talk about 50 Shades of Grey?

Also. Is the Devin Faraci on the Canon podcast the same one who said he has more respect for ISIS than GamerGate?

Jesus gently caress, what?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Isis has more comprehensible motives and clear goals

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Isis is also completely respectful to women.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Rrussom posted:

Isis is also completely respectful to women.

I like this avatar/post combo

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I like this avatar/post combo

Thank you.

So, Aside from WHM, Movie Mastery, and Read-Weep. are there any other podcasts like this?

Actually, i'd love one that deals with bad TV, really.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Rrussom posted:

Thank you.

So, Aside from WHM, Movie Mastery, and Read-Weep. are there any other podcasts like this?

Actually, i'd love one that deals with bad TV, really.

I mean, off the top of my head you missed the Flop House, How Did This Get Made, and the much less regular Movie Fighters.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

END ME SCOOB posted:

I mean, off the top of my head you missed the Flop House, How Did This Get Made, and the much less regular Movie Fighters.

I actually know those other two, I'll give Movie Fighters a try though, thanks.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Rrussom posted:

I actually know those other two, I'll give Movie Fighters a try though, thanks.

There's also the Your Stupid Minds podcast. I just caught up with their recent "great directors making horrible films" summer spectacular and found the supernova episode particularly interesting.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I'm fond of Blank Check with Griffin and David. They go through a director's catalog. They choose based on a director who has a big hit early on and is given a "blank check" to do whatever they want on their follow up films. They are currently in the middle of Cameron Crowe. They've done the Wachowskis and M. Night Shyamalan as well as several one offs of comic book movies.

Be warned the first thirty episodes are deep dives into the Star Wars prequel trilogy. So you may not want to listen to them discuss each film ten times.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Rrussom posted:

Jesus gently caress, what?

Sorry I was slightly off in what I said. Still the general point stands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

END ME SCOOB posted:

I know it's been discussed before but your mileage will vary greatly with HDTGM. I've always found it extremely forced at the best of times and apparenly it's only gotten worse lately.