Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Two of my favorite How Did This Get Made episodes are about Battlefield Earth and The Adventures of Pluto Nash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wanted to see The Odd Life of Timothy Green the moment I heard the clip of kids crying while they described the movie.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

OldTennisCourt posted:

The biggest problem with HDTGM is them SCREAMING about poo poo.

I love Jason Manzukas's yelling in the Battlefield Earth episode.

"OH gently caress YOU MOVIE!"

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
HDTGM viewer submissions were moved to the mini-episodes.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
HDTGM seemed to keep on top of breaking down the story in order this time around. I don't think I'll go back to the Halloween 3 episode as often as the Pluto Nash one but it's still pretty solid.

By the way, thanks for the introduction to We Hate Movies.

Edit: And "The FLop House". Can't forget them.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How can you have a Wonder Boy movie without Tenacious D?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
WHM should cover Airplane II.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I hope someone actually used the "androids shouldn't fear death" line for a story.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They did play Holy Grail in the past.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Overboard should get reviewed by How Did This Get Made, with Paul F. Tompkins as the guest.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Or something from the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" trilogy.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I tried to get through watching No Holds Barred but my computer's audio quit working shortly before Zeus kills Randy Rip. Windows 8 was probably trying to tell me something.

It was trying to tell me that 8.1 is still a bit buggy.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They sounded so sincere when they were promoting it. I'd be surprised if it got the HDTGM treatment. Would the other podcasts not cover it out of professional courtesy?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Which one had Picard burying Kirk? Generations?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Irish Joe posted:

So I guess it'll be a month before we get another audible episode of How Did This Get Made?

It's a bootleg, what can you expect?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
John Carter should make for a fun film to drink to.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Al! posted:

Does anyone else remember Soul Man being on Comedy Central constantly for the span of a few years?

I remember, that decision confused me then and confuses me now.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I'm surprised for the Sandler entry in worst of 2015 they went with Pixels over The Cobbler. Haven't seen it but that one sounds like lunacy from all the reviews.

I think The Cobbler came out in 2014.

Edit: Oops. First showing was 2014, wide release was 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I have the sneaking suspicion that scenarios I'm coming up with for trying to justify someone working as a health inspector and a cable guy at the same time are probably more interesting than the movie proper.