Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Wow it's almost like people have different tastes in comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

DrVenkman posted:

Yeah on that note, are there any podcasts which just talk about bad movies without trying to be 'funny' about it. Or would that simply not work for most people.

Like an honest analysis of how the movie doesn't work without making jokes about it? That might be interesting and a change of pace, so now you've made me curious.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

sweet_jones posted:

The WHM ep on Running Man is superb. Is there a podcast that specializes in "lovely but fantastic" ? I believe this and Best of the Best 2 are my two favorite episodes of theirs.

I'm just kind of reeling from how different it was from the book. They seriously added boss battles?

That said, the movie does sound pretty awesome to watch with friends.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
"Tuff Turf" is another good WHM episode, as is "Invisible Child". Any episode featuring a movie that has Wilford Brimley in it is also a good idea.

I'd also recommend the Flophouse as a podcast where the chemistry is tangible. They don't go that in depth into the movie, but the friendly riffing really makes up for it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Jesus Christ the new WHM episode.

I have no experience with the original Easy Rider, and the description of the sequel managed to piss me off anyway. I can't imagine the pain it would cause a fan of the original.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Chris being there is worth it just for the "Chris Cabin, would you get a tattoo of a small house?" joke in Tuff Turf.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Yeah this was definitely a good one, I liked when they tore apart the movie's lovely attitude towards disabled people.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Finally got around to watching that Mrs Doubtfire episode. It's been said before but We Hate Movies is at their best when talking about the "terrible people that the movie refuses to acknowledge as terrible" subgenre.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The Flophouse isn't so much a "bad movie podcast" as it is a "singing, ribbing the host,riffing on mispronunciations and oh yeah, there's some lovely failed movie in there somewhere" podcast. You kind of have to live with that if you want to enjoy it.

That said, it's a wonderful time once you've learned to deal with that.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Elliot's monologue on The Conversation on this week's flophouse episode was amazing.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

BigRed0427 posted:

Mortal Kombat is one of those movies that can't be called a Good movie, but is still enough to it that it is enjoyable to watch. To me it isn't really fun tearing it down as if it was something like Blame it on Rio, Easy Rider The Ride back or Addicted to Love. For We Hate Movies, or any bad movie podcast, I think their better episodes are when they are talking a truly bad movie.

I don't know about that. The Tuff Turf and Hard Target episodes are pretty good.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Some of the best WHM moments are them riffing on Chris Cabin when he's not there, so his presence is justified just for that.

And the "Chris Cabin, would you get a tattoo of a small house?" question in Tuff Turf.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Calaveron posted:

Where does the whm "you stole mah story" running gag come from? And Szyzka's "thiiinnerr"?

Thiiiiiiner is from Silver Bullet I think.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

No I mean the running gag.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm trying to think of a good musical to recommend for WHM because I want to see how they handle talking about a musical. And to see which of them admits to liking musicals.

(I bet it's Steve)

There can only be one!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

This is what Stuart gets for spreading LIES!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

radlum posted:

It was CHUD 2. I liked the episode, it even convinced to look for this movie and CHUD 1 (with the CHUDmentary). That bit about Jesus was great.

Really though, what movie WOULDN'T be improved by Thriller cat-eyes

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Gargamel Gibson posted:

On How Did This Get Made they jump all over the place and describe the movie very incoherently.

This is my main problem with HDTGM. On the Flop House and We Hate Movies, I feel like I don't need to see the movie to understand the conversation, but HDTGM makes me feel like I do. And that would be fine if it wasn't a bad movie podcast. I don't wanna see Goobie to get the most out of a comedy podcast

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

weekly font posted:

I Still Know is monumentally retarded and assumes its audience is just as dumb. It should be fun.

Gotta say I'm a bit let down by the Jason Goes to Hell episode. They glossed over a lot of the dumb poo poo in the movie, which, with how much they DID go over should tell you a lot about JGtH.

Can you expand on this? I already had trouble believing Creighton Duke is a real character in a non-comedy film.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I liked Dan and Stuart's mutual unspoken refusal to do a bit about Seinfeld Dracula

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

GraPar posted:

I can imagine that '70s Woody Allen vampire movie so clearly in my mind it's shocking that it's not a real thing.

I have seen precisely two Woody Allen films, and I can too, it's creepy.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Have fun hating/loving Detention.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think the Max Frost impersonation might be funnier than the Jesse Ventura impersonation.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I was kind of hoping for A Christmas Story 2

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I thought the extended conversation about grave robbing was great.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
This week's Flophouse makes you really sympathize with Dan towards the end.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I'm surprised no one on the I, Frankenstein podcast knew about the planned Avengers-esque shared universe the movie was supposed to kickstart, other than the Seline thing.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

ElGroucho posted:

Whose the dude who masturbates to his own impressions

We get it, you do a pretty good Matthew Broderick

If I did a Matthew Broderick that good, I'd probably beat off to it as well.

The above will probably go on goons.txt at some point.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

DoombatINC posted:

My instinct reaction was The Forgotten, too. I saw that poo poo in theaters, but didn't even remember that until I came across the ticket stub recently.

I guess you could say it was forgettable :smug:

There is one reason to do The Forgotten, and it is that it has a glorious, gloriously batshit last act.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucc7eP9BaDE

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

moleman posted:

#BringBackTheNoid

Someone should write in explaining why Dominoes got rid of the Noid. It involves a hostage situation.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I really hope the next episode is that live action Cat in the Hat movie.

That movie is fascinating to me, because it's not only bad, it's just goes out of its way to be perversely the opposite of anything tolerable. It's kind of amazing.

So yeah, I hope it's that.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I saw Hard Target when they did an episode on it, because I'd been meaning to watch it and I could look forward to a podcast about it after I finished.

That was a good decision.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I think you meant Turtle Sutherland.

The best part of that riff is it came out of nowhere inside an episode about a fairly unremarkable movie.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
There was also that time they read the IMDB forum post about the dude who had a creepy obsession with an actress from Ghost In The Machine.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I haven't listened to the episode yet, but they better have done a mash-up of their theme and the Space Jam theme.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Drunkboxer posted:

Nemesis wasn't trying, it was hot garbage. It was clumsy remake of WOK and is one of the few movies I actually got angry watching. A boring two-parter would be high loving praise for Nemesis. It's easily the worst trek movie ever, it was directed by a man who hadn't seen any episodes TNG, and it sunk the franchise.

"Trying" my rear end.

Edit: dune-buggy combat, special-needs Data, a whole new more eviler Romulan planet, empty death of a main character. It loving sucks.

The only good thing about Nemesis is that it failed to sink Tom Hardy's career for good.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Rincewind posted:

Between Stealth, Rocky IV and Chopping Mall I've decided I'm a big fan of WHMs where they have a movie featuring a robot.

That robot really should have helped Rocky train. As it is, it's a weird pointless distraction.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

fatherboxx posted:

What are some bad Nick Nolte movies because I need more of his impressions by WHM gang in my life.

Well he's in the Ang Lee Hulk movie.

He's the best part of the Ang Lee Hulk movie, incidentally.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Random Stranger posted:

Poor Ang Lee's Hulk. I feel like if it was edited a little bit better or if they had just tweaked a few minor things then it would be a brilliant movie instead of the ambitious artistic failure that we got.

The shock and horror at the clip was the most hilarious thing in the Son of the Mask episode to me...

Among failed Superhero movies, The Hulk is probably the most interesting and worth seeing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Review the first Pokemon movie, do it WHM