Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The Raven is also a good We Hate Movies, if only because of how in love with the LONGFELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW scream he does, and the complete hate for everything about that stupid movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

OK Octopus posted:

Peace, friends. Let us leave these petty squabblings behind and revel in the most recent We Hate Movies, Tuff Turf, for it is The Best Thing.

When they got to the suicide dog attack at the end I had to stop the episode I was laughing so hard.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I decided to try out Yea, It's That Bad since you're like the third person I've seen who described it as basically that, I randomly picked I Saw The Devil since I love that movie.

So far these guys have done a great job talking about how well shot the opening is, the great cast, asked if Korea knows the Bang Bros, and are analyzing nut shots as a scientific concept.

Yea, this is pretty great, thanks!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bobkatt013 posted:

We Hate movies had that reaction with One Magic Christmas. They were in complete shock over how it was a Christmas movie and how insane the movie was.

~Secret Nazi Santa~

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bobkatt013 posted:

Or how long until they stop dealing with a crazy woman’s invisible child/bullshit!

God the rant about just giving zero fucks about the Nurse Jackie kind of stories warmed my heart.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

NotWearingPants posted:

There's entirely too much WHM and HDTGM chatter in this thread and not enough Flophouse discussion.

Seriously, The Flophouse is hilarious. Check it out.

I love that Oogieloves literally drove them insane.

"So a vacuum cleaner wants to have sex with a window, ok"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Drunkboxer posted:

And their collective Brimley captures his spirit at least.

Guddamnit!

Yea I normally don't dig impressions but they stick to what they know well, so I'm fine with it in WHM.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Grant DaNasty posted:

I'd recommend today's We Hate Movies about "Taking Care of Business" just for them talking about Jim Belushi on Star Trek: The Next Generation.

"Captain, he broke the holodeck by doing a cannonball."

Between this and HDTGM having a wonderful From Justin To Kelly look with Nick Kroll, poo poo is good for movie podcasts today.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

NotWearingPants posted:

The WHM "Taking Care of Business" episode got me thinking... has Jim Belushi ever done a single thing that could be considered good or funny? I scanned his imdb page quickly and didn't see anything, but there's just so much there. How does a person like this continue to get work?

His last name is Belushi and if I remember right his brother built almost every bridge he'd later burn.

Also a lot of studios have a kinda insulting idea of the 'everyman' and he fits that really horrible image well.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Drunkboxer posted:

Kevin James.

He doesn't hate women enough. You're forgetting what makes the Belushi so detestable is that on top of being an unfunny fat slob, he has the most undeserved sense of superiority.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DrVenkman posted:

He's actually really good in that movie, and puts in a good performance in Oliver Stone's Salvidor. The guy is actually a better dramatic actor than he is 'comedy' star and in another life he would've been a solid character actor.

I've never seen that movie so I can't speak from any real knowledge, but just the concept of 'Jim Belushi the dramatic actor' kinda makes my head hurt and I smell toast.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bobservo posted:

I think Best of the Best 2 was We Hate Movies' first installment of We Love Movies.

I really love when they like movies. They're actually really good at explaining the high and low points and if they're worth your time in the end when they aren't just exhausted by Larry the Cable Guy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

OK Octopus posted:

It's a good week for movie podcasts:

Cat People on WHM, Mindhunters on Yeah, It's That Bad, Anaconda on Film Sack, and I think :clint: Hewlett might :clint: have something, but :clint: I'm a little fuzzy :clint: on what, exactly. They :clint: should really be :clint: clearer about their scheduling.

Yea if you, like you and I obviously do, subscribe to most every good 'guys make fun of bad movies' podcast poo poo's pretty golden this week. Don't forget Spice World on How Did This Get Made!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh my god what a great episode of We Hate Movies, what a disgusting and creepy movie too. Seriously if you for some reason aren't on the We Hate Movies love train, go check out today's and tell me it's not great.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

oatgan posted:

He's wearing boxing gloves and that's something you do indoors, not on the street.

This may sound ignorant but...what is a street fighter?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Foodfight was the movie these podcasts were made for.

"So anyway Dex Dogtective...this is my life, what am I doing?!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I just want to echo what they said how legitimately creepy it is to be doing this kids (I loving assume?) movie about how generic brands are literal nazis and buying all your favorite corporate names literally keeps them alive. Like they said for Toy Story it worked because the point was the love for your toys and the innocence of childhood and all, this is literally "IF YOU DON'T FUCKIN BUY CHARLIE THE TUNA'S TUNA YOU LOVE NAZIS".

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It's really good, I'd list it as a good one for people to get into the podcast with. It's so terrible and they hate it so much.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Well you did a great job saying why everyone else sucks, why is that podcast good?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
On their facebook they've been posting Noid Sightings, too. We gotta get him back!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Today's Flophouse was my favorite in a long long time. It's like 10% actually talking about how stupid Red Dawn was and then 90% just being hilarious.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Battleship was also great, if only for how loving invested they got in that burrito heist.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mogambo posted:

Dan = Leonardo
Elliot = Donatello
Stuart = Michelangelo
House cat? = Raphael?

Not sure where Krang fits into this, I'll work on it later.

Krang's peeing on their feet, obviously.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bobkatt013 posted:

If you ever want to piss off the creators of Ninja Turtles is mention her. They hates her and you are forbidden to mention her in front of them.

On the other hand they made a thing about a talking rat teaching mutant turtle stoners kung fu.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I was making a joke that it's weird for them to hate the lady turtle when turtles as a thing were pretty loving nuts to begin with. Yes I'm a TMNT nerd I know all the trivia and poo poo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea June's voice is annoying at times but the fact that she either A) creates this insane empathetic bond with the most worthless characters, or B) has literally no grasp of what happened in the movie (what IS a Street Fighter?!) makes her hilarious. Her doing her thing and Jason hating everybody and everything makes an amazing back and forth.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I love The Flophouse in general, but when they have an utterly absurd, terrible, movie like this is when they really shine.

"He left the kid's unopened soccer jersey and a text from his daughter saying she hates him"

"He's the TRUTH fairy!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea it's insane that in the movie about how the power of illusion in a master's hands can be their greatest tool, one dude is literally a magic hypnotist.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I like how WHM and Flophouse are basically two sides of the same coin. They both have great chemistry between each other and all that, and both do sometimes random bits (WHM's 'Sex Corral' bit was loving amazing), but Flophouse just focuses on movies that flopped either in quality or in money and sometimes goes 'ya know that was a pretty good lovely movie' and WHM just focuses on hot street trash.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

OldTennisCourt posted:

HEH HEH OH COOL MY DISABILITY CHECK IS HERE COOOOOOOL!

OH COOL THEY SENT ME AN EXTRA VIAL OF INSULIN!

I'M ALMOST 48 YEARS OLD COOL!

I'M GONNA DIE SOON

COOOOOOOOOL!

Him and Jim Belushi being utter reviled (entirely rightly) by them is so great to listen to. Like usually they try to keep things from being too personal and focus on 'this scene is terrible' or 'this acting sucks' but for them they just actively hate the human being behind the role and it's wonderful.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I don't really view HDTGM as a 'movie' podcast, it's just kinda three friends and a guest get together, be really funny, and the thread for each episode is 'we just saw this loving trash movie'.

I have Flop House and WHM for 'movie' podcasts.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Urdnot Fire posted:

Shocktober 2013 comes to a spookily snorifying end with Flop House #137: The Purge.

No time makes me sadder about the Flop House's biweekly schedule than Shocktober.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh man that's a great lineup, Oogie Loves will break you. You think you have a greater fortitude than the illustrious Floppers? You might as well delete the rest of the list and write 'we're forced into an asylum'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I support any podcast that understands Thunder Cats > He Man

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

HDTGM and WHM are both pretty great this week. WHM especially. I regret that I can't start using "Just waiting for this Surge to get cold!" in real life without looking like a crazy man.

I love when he finally got called on it.

"Was that a problem?!"

"Yea they sold Surge PIPING HOT."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Urdnot Fire posted:

Yeah, for some reason WHM's tangents and impressions get on my nerves while they're among my favorite parts of the Flop House. I also can't explain why I enjoy HDTGM so much, nearly as much as the Flop House.

Please tell me you didn't hate the Bill Clinton praising Turbo Man's murder of slobodan milosevic bit from this week.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Irish Joe posted:

I forget which episode it was, but Jason yelling at the woman who brought her baby to the show was the funniest thing HDTGM ever did.

Wanna say Roadhouse? I think he said the baby loved the rapey poo poo or something?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
We have a BUNCH of clips of yeast infections. LADIES, CLEAN IT UP!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea if we can't have Elliot, Hallie is the next best thing. She's really good and in sync with all the jokes and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Dan was great but holy poo poo another epic June moment in this episode.

"I THOUGHT THIS WAS A DRAMA!"