Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

WHM might have accidentally created the super villain "Baby Boomer" who goes around exploding babies with sticks of dynamite.

The Butterfly Effect is probably my favorite episode of theirs in a while now, and I really enjoyed their collective character of raspy film bros as the ones who wrote the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

I had somehow missed Tuff Turf the first time around. Good episode, but it didn't stand out to me like something like Pippi Longstockings or The Good Son.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Tomahawk posted:

I'm pretty new to WHM, I've listened to about a dozen episodes, but who is the guy that yells way too loud? He's not always on the show and it's definitely not Andrew or Stephen.

I've listened to almost all of the episodes and I still can't tell the guys apart. I'm pretty sure all of them yell when they do certain characters, but I haven't noticed it beyond that.

Maybe I'm just bad at listening to podcasts? If it's not Andrew or Stephen then it's either Eric or Chris, but I honestly can't tell who is who.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Anyone have any guesses for the Stephen King movie next week on WHM?

I'm hoping for either Maximum Overdrive or Thinner, but I'll be okay with Graveyard Shift as well, even though I know very little about it, because it sounds super terrible.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

weekly font posted:

I love all the WHM guys for one reason or another. Andrew is a great host and nails the impressions (good or bad), Steve is the quickest witted, Eric's dry humor is a great balance and Chris has righteous indignation paired with some deep film knowledge. That said, Andrew-Eric-Chris episodes are by far the weakest. I don't know if that's saying more about Steve or Chris.

That said, have any of you guys tried watching their Private Cabin skits on Youtube? Hoooooly poo poo are they bad.

In my opinion Blame it on outer space is pretty bad as well. It's a neat concept, but it just doesn't work for them for a bunch of reasons, but mostly it's not really the thing I expected to hear when I was told it's a "conspiracy theory takedown podcast" or however it's described as on WHM.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

WHM has a listener request thing for Animation Damnation until the end of October if anyone missed it. Just write into their mailbag.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

Ugh gently caress I just realized it's too late to call in The Love Guru for this years listener request month. I hope someone else did.

Oh, speaking of listener request, anybody submitted something interesting for the currently ongoing WHM animation damnation listener write-in thing?

It might have been low-hanging fruit, but I recommended the 'Car Hater' episode of the old Speed Racer cartoon, everyone should watch it.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

There was an episode of WHM I had real trouble listening to because they kept saying capoeira wrong, don't remember which one it was.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

I also really liked WHM's ideas of other insane escapades the "Three Men" could have gotten themselves into, such as Three Men and a Cursed Idol, or Three Men and the Woman Buried Behind the Mural, and what the movie actually is which is Three Men and a Creepy Sex Cult. I feel like there has to also be a Three Men and a Heist prequel to explain how the gently caress they got that penthouse apartment.

Overall a really fun episode, and I haven't even finished listening to it yet.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Infamous Sphere posted:

I've only seen two movies that they've done - Tuff Turf, which I sought out after they'd talked about it, and Mrs Doubtfire.

I've only seen Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull from all the movies they've done.

Maybe I should watch more movies.

On the other hand, I've seen a bunch of the movies the Flophouse have done episodes on. I guess this probably reflects my age more than anything else, seeing as I've seen a bunch of bad movies that are younger than 10 years old, but very few older bad ones.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

I just called in the first live-action Scooby Doo movie, mostly because I think the guys would have a field day talking about Freddy Prinze Jr. and Sarah Michelle Gellar getting soul-swapped and how the whole thing is clearly a job for Mulder and Scully, if not an exorcist .

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I genuinely love that movie. It holds up very well - it's similar to the Josie and the Pussycats movie.

But that scene is pretty weird:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf4RjsdJE0I
I haven't seen it in a while, but I called it in because it's nuts, not because it's bad. I don't want the guys to suffer too much.

There's just a ton of weird and crazy poo poo that's out of place in a Scooby Doo movie. Shaggy does hit it off with a girl whose name is a euphemism for weed though.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

I wish their Jim Belushi impression was a fictional character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

MariusLecter posted:

Got around to WHM's Lady in the Water episode. I'd never seen the movie and had assumed it was about a water ghost lady that kills/drowns people and haunts her widower husband or goes succubus on the main character.

I should have directed this movie. Would have been much better.

Count me in to the "I had no idea what this movie is about" party, I thought it was something about Arthurian legend.