Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Dude. Elliott isn't an Original Peach. Whooooooaaaah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
On How Did This Get Made they jump all over the place and describe the movie very incoherently.

On We Hate Movies they usually go into too much detail. The plot descriptions are as long as the movies themselves.

The Flop House gets it just right. You get a pretty good sense of what the movie's like/about, and it moves along at a nice clip. All in all I think the formula they stick to is effective.

Note: I do like We Hate Movies though!

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
gently caress you Americans.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Oscar bait dramas tend to be very well made bummers. Maybe not the best fodder for yuk-em-ups.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
What's your podcast and how'd you get Rob Huebel?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Jesus Christ, that picture.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I think the main reason I could never get into How Did This Get Made is the terrible theme song. I got second hand embarrassment each time I heard it.

Ugh. It's really bad.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I started listening to the Face/Off episode of WHM, but quickly realised that I just cannot listen to an hour and a half of some dudes getting mad at Face/Off. It's too awesome.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
If they do it in a funny way it'll be different enough from the HDTGM bit.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I could've sworn there was a Flop House episode about CBGB up yesterday. Now it's gone. I guess I dreamt it.

Edit: Since the thread is locked I'll post this here: New James Bonding ep up.

Gargamel Gibson fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jun 12, 2015

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Infamous Sphere posted:

Looking at Letterboxd, it's definitely Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey.

Don't they usually do bad movies?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Only if you listen to it.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Y'all don't like Bill and Ted?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

piratepilates posted:

Comedy Bang Bang ran ads for Pepsi a long time ago actually :smug:

Don't remind me. My poor earholes.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
That mailbag was a bunch of bullshit.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Al! posted:

We found him

I meant the e-mails, duder.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

bango skank posted:

You make me sick calling yourself a WHM fan.

OK yeah, the Batman manifesto was funny.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
It's kind of weird how negative the WHM guys are. It sounded like they had zero fun watching Tango and Cash. That movie is a fantastic turd.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Just stopping by to say that I'm also really liking Expounded Universe. Star Wars Canon Fodder briefly scratched my Making Fun Of Terrible Star Wars Novels itch, but then it disappeared so this is more than welcome.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

TetsuoTW posted:

I never had a problem with Elliot's voice just his inability to ever let a bit die. ever.

Anyway Stuart is the best and I kind of miss listening to that dingdong-ripping-off obsessed goof

A) That's fair.

B) Agreed 100%.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Laterite posted:

Answer: The ActionBoyz

gently caress yeah.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I haven't listened to We Hate Movies in a really long time, but this episode on Die Hard 3 they did with Jon Gabrus (a pretty funny ep) is really making me appreciate how good the Action Boyz are at taking you through the plot of a movie. The Boyz get a lot of (well deserved) praise for their bits, but you also tend to get a good sense of what actually happens in the movies they cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

theironjef posted:

It seems like a regular thing on a lot of bigger shows. Like, bigger than mine anyway. I listen to the Dollop occasionally but I have to save it for when I'm wearing headphones, because Dave seems to only have the mic halfway down his throat to laugh, or he's mumbling into his shirt in a different room. I wanna just send them all quick how to guides on the Compressor tool.

Just tweet some constructive criticism at him. I'm sure he'll take it well.