Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Production
Jun 11, 2001
Jason Mantzoukas is a very funny guy, but I get a lot more replay value out of the podcast where only one guy doesn't understand what happened in the movie, instead of all three of the hosts. HDTGM is the Prometheus of podcasts: I completely enjoy it, but I can't quiet my sense that if the characters were a little more competent, they'd notice even more interesting things than they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Production
Jun 11, 2001

Mob posted:

I'm not saying you're wrong, and I completely get everything you're trying to say, but what I'm not getting from you is what exactly is a Street Fighter?

If I could adopt June's attitude toward dealing with situations that I don't understand or that common wisdom says I should hate, my life would be wonderful.

Production
Jun 11, 2001

SilentChaz posted:

I can't find any confirmation beyond some mentions on Twitter, but it looks like We Hate Movies and The Flop House are teaming up?

Dan mentioned that they're going to cover Every Which Way but Loose and Any Which Way You Can in the same week. At least, I remember them both covering installments of a series of orangutan (and NOT CHIMP) movies.

Production
Jun 11, 2001
My only real problem is that occasionally one or two of them get derailed with righteous indignation about a character doing something dumb, and it wouldn't be bad, but they aren't really squeezing jokes out of it. More just talking like, "if you're a soldier/policeman/whatever, you know rule number one is don't do <thing>," when it's a crazy movie premise situation no one has planned for.

Then again, I've also come to terms with Prometheus as being mostly about people doing dumb things in unfamiliar situations (as opposed to just the main plot points which are obviously that), so I'm probably too forgiving of movie logic.

Production
Jun 11, 2001
It's been a while since I tried listening to the first few Flop Houses, but I remember Simon sounding dead-center between Dan and Stuart's voices, which was strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Production
Jun 11, 2001

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Matt Mira taking his stupidity to new heights by calling Grace Jones, possibly the darkest woman to ever live, a mullato. At least I think it was Mira. He and Gourley kinda sounded alike with the live audio and I always assume it's Mira with the dumb comments.

I think it was Gourley talking about being attracted to an impossible fusion of Grace Jones and Tanya Roberts.