Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Started listening to WHM based on the mention in this thread (because I love HDTGM and am pissed at few little, relatively, there is, especially when you've been listening to each new one within hours of them coming out) and am really loving the poo poo out of it so far. Especially the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull one. ISS GOWLD, JOANSIE~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Hey, I wanted to thank everyone in this thread for the recommendations and all. Over the past month and change I've been going through pretty much every episode (about a movie I've seen already) from all 6 or so of the biggest ones here and it's been great entertainment! I can't think of a one that isn't worth listening to. To Irish Joe, I gotta say, I loved both the Star Trek: Insurrection and Star Wars Ep1 episodes of WHM because of the knowledge and love they have for the universes handled.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

The only film I've ever walked out on in theaters. And fantastic potential for any discussion; the HDTGM on Sucker Punch was fantastic.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Awesome article here: http://www.avclub.com/article/paul-scheer-picks-his-favorite-ihow-did-this-get-m-92111 with something really awesome in proving me 100% right about Birdemic: James Nguyen is literally autistic or nearly retarded. Tommy Wiseau may be a complete idiot, but he knew how bad The Room was once he saw how everyone reacted to it and TRIED to salvage some amount of dignity by claiming the end result was intentional. James Nguyen, meanwhile, was completely flummoxed that nobody loved the best thing a man of 65 IQ and an indefensibly tenuous grasp of English can pull off. He's been in the United States since he was a child, and yet... Birdemic. The script, the credits (secondary casts), all of it. Punisher Warzone with Patton Oswalt and director Lexi Alexander get a mention, and I can't help but agree with Paul on how the podcast really brought about a new respect for the film and her. I mean, I'm in complete and total brolove with Titus Pullo anyway, so it didn't take too much to push me over that edge. Oh, and June is mentioned as giving everyone the benefit of the doubt on all matters, seemingly.