Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Beeez posted:

After seeing all the praise it gets around here, I'm curious: is We Hate Movies the kind of podcast you can listen to even if you haven't seen the movie, or is it something that's really only funny if you're familiar with what they're discussing?

It not only doesn't matter if you've seen it or not, it may make you want to see the movie despite (or because of) what they've said. I ordered Invisible Child a bit ago because of the episode of WHM on it. I never thought I'd have a Lifetime movie on DVD but there you go!

Hewlett posted:

I'm the cohost/co-creator of Alcohollywood, and I wanna chime in to say that we've gotten a lot better in the intervening episodes that OK Octopus mentioned in this post - we do good, I promise :smith:. We've got a persistent thread here in CineD where I post new episodes/answer questions, and we got nominated this past year for Best Food/Drink Podcast at the People's Choice Podcast Awards!

That's all well and good but seriously, slamming Labyrinth and The Neverending Story? Care to explain yourself? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Drunkboxer posted:

And their collective Brimley captures his spirit at least.

And I'm never going to get tired of their Guy Feiri impressions/mocking.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

WampaLord posted:

Jack Frost was an amazing episode. Dan Harmon was hysterical, as expected. I loved his whole "Writer projecting" theory, I was dying laughing.

I'm trying to get into We Hate Movies, but it just doesn't seem as fun as HDTGM. They don't seem like friends, they don't laugh at each other's jokes, etc

This is honestly surprising to me, enough so that I'm going to listen to the Jingle All The Way episode again and see if it was just off. Part of the reason why I like WHM so much is because of the chemistry. They laugh at each other's jokes constantly, riff off (and on) each other, and so on.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

RagingBoner posted:

Kinda ho-hum WHM this week compared to the poo poo show last week. Gary Busey impersonations abound, which is always good for a chuckle.

But next week? Oh next week...

I think they're doing Dreamcatcher.

That was my thought too. I mean, there's no other movie this could be, right?
I forget, do they call the aliens in the movie 'shitweasels' too or is it only the novel?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Drunkboxer posted:

Also, sometimes, some days, you just want to watch an ape drink a beer.

All the time, every day, really.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

DoombatINC posted:

Since they quote it constantly, I'm betting on Theeeenaaah

Naaaaaaaaamorrrrrr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yeah, that's his "young Steve" voice.

HEY MA TOMMY LEE JONES IS GONNA PLAY TWO-FACE!

~Iiiiii don't caaaaaareeeee!!~