Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«9 »
Honeyboy Bradley
Apr 3, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Alright, this is going to be a little bit melodramatic at first but bare with me for a hot minute here.

Recently one morning I had a conversation with a neighbor in my apartment complex that turned towards race politics in America. He seemed oddly enthusiastic about proving some kind of point to me about racism, but I didn't think anything of it at first. In fact, I wasn't really listening at all. Usually whenever someone talks to me about politics (or really anything that isn't pop culture) I just tune out and agree with everything they say. This happened the morning before I left for class, and didn't really seem like that big of an event. I just followed through with my usual strategy of nodding and saying 'Yeah, Yeah I see where you're coming from'. I didn't think anything of it.

However, upon return from classes I found my neighbor and three men waiting for me in my apartment. I let this guy into my apartment all the time, I don't keep my door locked so sometimes when I come home he's in there playing my xbox or whatever. This was the first time I came home and he had guests over though, I had never seen these men before. They asked me to sit down in the common room so they could have a chat with me about the 'red pill'. He and the other three men had a stack of papers for me, mainly: breakdowns of IQ averages by race, some demographic maps of crime in the US (mostly focusing on Chicago), some printed wikipedia articles, and in general a ton of different graphs. Most of the papers were about racism but there were also a few dedicated to feminism. At the bottom of the stack of papers were some gore images. Like there was a picture of a black man having sex with the lower half of a white woman's torso, a black man eating a baby, an article on General Butt Naked, and some pictures of feminist protest movements.

I attempted my usual politic-talking strategy of nodding and agreeing but it wasn't working. They kept making references to the 'red pill' and no matter how many times I agreed with them they just kept talking about Cascadia and other seemingly random topics of conversation. After a while they left and let me keep the stack of papers, and told me to 'red pill' my friends and family. Also these guys were really creepy. My neighbor is kind of a weird guy but his friends are like from outer space or something.

I thought that this was just my neighbor and his friends being weirdos, but when my girlfriend came over later that day she found the papers and asked me why I had them. I explained to her that my neighbor and his friends had left them here. She threw the papers in the trash and we started watching Gattaca as we previously planned. However, halfway through the movie she got up and fished the papers out of the trash and started reading through them. After Jude Law blasted off into space, she turned off the tv and obviously wanted to talk to me about the papers. I can't nod and agree with my girlfriend and tune out, because she already knows that I do that whenever I'm not interested in something. The problem is, that she's now siding with my neighbor and attempting to give me the 'red pill'.

Now whenever I talk to my girlfriend she always tries to slide the conversation into race politics or anti-feminism. She'll quote Jared Taylor or point out some fallacies within the feminist movement when I want to talk about my Dark Souls PVP character. She is half-Iranian/half-Norwegian (and super hot) and I think I remember her being a little bit racist when we first met. Not full on racist though, but she would tell me off color jokes. I've never met her family but for some reason I'm under the impression that they're very conservative.

So I don't really care about anything other than video games. This 'red pill' seems to be only a big deal to polisci majors (my gf is polisci and I think my neighbor is too). Should I be worried about this at all? I have a black friend and I don't want him around near my girlfriend anymore because I'm afraid she'll point out the inconsistencies of affirmative action to him.

Why is it called the 'red pill'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lock your home when you leave it and stop telling racists that you agree with them

Raxmus
Jul 6, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Honeyboy Bradley posted:

Why is it called the 'red pill'?

The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are pop culture symbols representing the choice between the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue) and embracing the sometimes painful truth of reality (red).

Basically some poo poo that was popularized by the matrix and it's basically saying "Either you believe my truth or you're just ignorant." Which is a cool attitude to have because it completely negates any criticism and makes out everyone who happens to disagree with your ideology a complete blissful ignorant.

Good times.

Filigree
Jul 18, 2012

Why does anyone leave their home unlocked while they are gone? Also, start listening.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007

King Kong of Megadongs

Gobblin' them mega schlongs

Makin' sure they mega long

Stroke 'em if they mega strong

Congratulations, you have discovered the White Power Necronomicon.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Frankly, OP, I tuned most of that post out, since there were a lot of words in it that weren't about pop culture. From what I gathered, though, you want advice on your Dark Souls PVP character maybe? I think you should go for a Lifehunt build.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Honeyboy Bradley posted:

[b]
So I don't really care about anything other than video games.

I think I've discovered the root of your problem.

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

OFFICIAL SA THREAD RUINER
SPRING 2013

I say take all the pills you can. You only live once.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Honeyboy Bradley posted:

So I don't really care about anything other than video games.

E/N is really bringing in the bacon today.

Honeyboy Bradley
Apr 3, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Raxmus posted:

The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are pop culture symbols representing the choice between the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue) and embracing the sometimes painful truth of reality (red).

Basically some poo poo that was popularized by the matrix and it's basically saying "Either you believe my truth or you're just ignorant." Which is a cool attitude to have because it completely negates any criticism and makes out everyone who happens to disagree with your ideology a complete blissful ignorant.

Good times.

gently caress if I knew it was a matrix reference I would've done my Keanu Reeves impression during the whole conversation.

Honeyboy Bradley
Apr 3, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

double reply;

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

It's really hard to change the minds of those who use racism. Even those that are the more 'casual' racist (the ones who aren't hatefilled, but believe stereo-types) usually won't listen because they will justify it with blah blah blah.

Unless you want a real divide between you both, just keep dating her and keep anything race related on the down low. Otherwise, dump her.

(I suck at editing my messages) Edit:

God drat me for being serious. Replace the word dating with porking.

Filigree
Jul 18, 2012

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I think I've discovered the root of your problem.

Yeah, this. He didn't even know what the red pill is, despite that being a pretty common pop culture reference.

I bet your Keanu Reeves impression is terrible, OP.

Raxmus
Jul 6, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

e: Actually see my 3rd post. Sever.

Honeyboy Bradley posted:

gently caress if I knew it was a matrix reference I would've done my Keanu Reeves impression during the whole conversation.

If you want my honest advice I'd say just keep playing video games, continue to ignore people and maybe humor them but don't do anything they say. Also keep listening to George Michael if you already do.

Alternatively you could turn into a social justice warrior and sever or get in big arguments with everyone who doesn't agree with your political or philosophical views.

On second thought:

Wicker Man posted:

gently caress me this college thing isn't going very well. I wound up with a 2.6 GPA last semester and it doesn't look like it's going to get much better this time around.

Quit the video games and racist girlfriends and get back to studying!

Wicker Man posted:

just keep dating her and keep anything race related on the down low. Otherwise, dump her.

Best advice of the thread. Also if she starts poo poo with your black friend dump her, black friend seems like a cool guy/gal.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.

Bring up john Wayne gacy, Albert Fish and Jeffery dahmer and ask if they represent white people, or how useful iq tests are when they are heavily skewed by poverty lines and educational quality of the lower class, something of which all races are affected by. Tell your girlfriend you'd expected better of her to fall for obvious propaganda and conspiracy theories, and that it's not convincing arguments they are presenting, but cherry picking and shocking tactics in order to make you second guess logic and reason.

If nothing else, put on Neil Tyson and if she's still racist, kick her the gently caress out.

Oh, and stop letting the white panthers in your home.

Honeyboy Bradley
Apr 3, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

These aren't the exact images that were printed out but they were on my gf's flash drive and are pretty similar.

Sorry for image spam.

Aralan
May 21, 2001

If you rewatch Gattaca but just assume that at the end the main character has a massive heart attack and dooms his space mission, it turns into a cautionary tale about how Eugenics is right. Just think about it

Raxmus
Jul 6, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Honeyboy Bradley posted:

These aren't the exact images that were printed out but they were on my gf's flash drive and are pretty similar.

Sorry for image spam.

Your girlfriend sounds like she's pretty super racist and you might want to like get a new girlfriend. No offense but yeah that's not normal.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.

Also people don't become racists. Your girlfriend was always racist, your neighbors just made you have to confront that fact.

Darramouss
Aug 12, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Thing is OP a lot of people try to go full Darkwraith early on and while it can be fun having the skeletor armour and invading noobs in the Burg that poo poo gets old pretty quick. The most fun is to make 2 characters for pvp maybe have one as a Darkwraith invader at 50-60 and a Darkmoon build for 100 ish. I don't know if you have the Artorias DLC but the arena area is kind of fun. Check the wiki for build types.

Raxmus
Jul 6, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Stormageddon posted:

Also people don't become racists. Your girlfriend was always racist, your neighbors just made you have to confront that fact.

Are people like born racists? Is there a cure for racism? If not, are we currently researching a cure for racism?

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

Raxmus posted:

Are people like born racists? Is there a cure for racism? If not, are we currently researching a cure for racism?

Racism isn't natural, it's taught. I have a heartwarming story of a dog raising a chimp from birth and an orangutan best friends with a dog which pretty much smashes racism IMO. I feel bad for people with racist parents.

Ask the wonderbread guys why they aren't pushing for Asian supremacy instead of carrying on historical precedent for insulting black people. Negative evangelizing is such a downer.

Filigree
Jul 18, 2012

OP break up with her because I really doubt that if you showed her peer-reviewed studies and evidence, she wouldn't believe you anyway.

Can someone please explain what this has to do with race?

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

Filigree posted:

OP break up with her because I really doubt that if you showed her peer-reviewed studies and evidence, she wouldn't believe you anyway.

(it's a Dark Souls thing, don't get them started)

Volume
May 2, 2008

Maybe I'm just biased from all the divorce and cheating threads but it sounds to me like your girlfriend is banging your neighbors.

Darramouss
Aug 12, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Stormageddon posted:

(it's a Dark Souls thing, don't get them started)

Nope, hardly any of those are in Dark Souls.

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

SPRING 2013

This thread is going to get so loving weird when OP tells us all he's black.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Go Asians we read good

Honeyboy Bradley
Apr 3, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Filigree posted:

Sorry the racism stuff is in a big folder with the paranormal stuff. This was in there too:

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

Safe and Secure! posted:

This thread is going to get so loving weird when OP tells us all he's black.

Pretty sure his neighbors would have lynched him by now. These "educated racist" sorts usually exist because they've never interacted with actual minorities before. The op exists in a place where he doesn't have to think about something besides video games. Something about that screams white middle class safehaven

Honeyboy Bradley posted:

Sorry the racism stuff is in a big folder with the paranormal stuff. This was in there too:

Sorry Dark Souls players. I guess She's just an idiot, it seems.

Volume
May 2, 2008

Honeyboy Bradley posted:

I think the thread just peaked. Voted 5.

Portals
Apr 17, 2012

OP that poo poo is crazy. Also, I'm a poli sci major and I've never heard of this 'red pill' stuff.

Gonna have to agree with everyone saying to sever. Also move out so that you don't have your insane neighbor just chilling in your house all the time. Do you not own anything valuable or do you just not give a poo poo if things get stolen?

EDIT: Why are you dating a poli sci major if you actively refuse to listen to anything regarding politics?

BoogerPrincess
Jun 5, 2007

Dump your girlfriend for being an idiot. I could give you tons of information on why IQ tests are bullshit and the sociological impact of class, race, and poverty but it probably wouldn't matter.

Keep your doors locked. Also, when someone starts spewing racist, unfounded, misinterpreted data, please don't agree with them.

Honeyboy Bradley
Apr 3, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Portals posted:

OP that poo poo is crazy. Also, I'm a poli sci major and I've never heard of this 'red pill' stuff.

Gonna have to agree with everyone saying to sever. Also move out so that you don't have your insane neighbor just chilling in your house all the time. Do you not own anything valuable or do you just not give a poo poo if things get stolen?

EDIT: Why are you dating a poli sci major if you actively refuse to listen to anything regarding politics?

My neighbor looks after both our apartments because we live on the edge of the nice side of town. I don't own much expensive stuff except for electronics. Me and my neighbor both own AR-15 assault rifles so he could defend either apartment from a break-in, and he just checks in on my apartment every once in a while (he's in college but only takes like 12 credit hours so he's at home most of the day).

Also my girlfriend is the hottest girl I've been able to date so far, and the pussy game is ridiculous. I don't really care if she's a racist I'll just keep her away from my black friend.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

Honeyboy Bradley posted:

My neighbor looks after both our apartments because we live on the edge of the nice side of town. I don't own much expensive stuff except for electronics. Me and my neighbor both own AR-15 assault rifles so he could defend either apartment from a break-in, and he just checks in on my apartment every once in a while (he's in college but only takes like 12 credit hours so he's at home most of the day).

Also my girlfriend is the hottest girl I've been able to date so far, and the pussy game is ridiculous. I don't really care if she's a racist I'll just keep her away from my black friend.
I can't remember the last day e/n was this good.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Honeyboy Bradley posted:

Don't have sex with racists.

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

SPRING 2013

homerlaw posted:

Yeah, that's how more racists are made.

Filigree
Jul 18, 2012

OP, lock your drat door, especially now that so many people know you don't.

Stormageddon posted:

I can't remember the last day e/n was this good.

No kidding.

Darramouss
Aug 12, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

homerlaw posted:

Unless they're hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

...the engine tracks thousands of details for each unit meaning it will be a far deeper game than your grandpa's chess.
Pre-order CHESS now and receive the DLC "queen" unit.

I'm in mouth-open shock that your reaction wasn't to kick these guys out and immediately break up with your girlfriend. What the gently caress is wrong with you? Are you really so self-centred that all you care about is video games and pop culture and racism is something you just try to tune out? You are part of the problem idiot.

«9 »