Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

sticklefifer posted:

Pudgy Tozawa is something I never knew I needed to see.

To be fair the first pic is right after the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Steen looks...exactly the same.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
this would be a better ppv if it was thoruf marius vs brody hoefer.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

sticklefifer posted:

From his latest movie.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Mario Lopez has really let himself go.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

The Metabolic Bros were a wondrous and lovely team and Tozawa wasn't even the fattest member of the team.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

that poo poo they serve up at midbreath has to take years off your life.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

Its so perfectly round

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
John 3:16

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Really cool they're doing a toy collection. :)

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Can we go, Dad? There's gonna be a Concession Stand!!!

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
The Gray Community?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
So it turns out that Hulk Hogan was originally booked for the first Starrcade:

...but hosed off to do a New Japan tour instead & was replaced by Mark Youngblood. He'd be in the WWF a little over a month later.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

dsriggs posted:

So it turns out that Hulk Hogan was originally booked for the first Starrcade:

...but hosed off to do a New Japan tour instead & was replaced by Mark Youngblood. He'd be in the WWF a little over a month later.

Eh, he wasn't ever really booked for it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Friend of mine Kyle Starks just got his first Marvel story published. He's the guy who did a comic about Dusty Rhodes leading 80's WCW against the robot uprising that I posted a bit of months back. This short story is about obscure character D-Man, a super-strong wrestler who became a crazy homeless man dressed in Wolverine's mask and Daredevil's old costume.

Here he is using the Cobra Clutch on Cobra.

And then there's this.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
As I recall, Rage was a 12 year old who got bulked up by toxic waste so that's completely reasonable.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Gavok posted:

Friend of mine Kyle Starks just got his first Marvel story published. He's the guy who did a comic about Dusty Rhodes leading 80's WCW against the robot uprising that I posted a bit of months back. This short story is about obscure character D-Man, a super-strong wrestler who became a crazy homeless man dressed in Wolverine's mask and Daredevil's old costume.

And then there's this.

God I love when Superheroes are goofy as balls.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

That comic seems like a lot of fun

Using the Cobra Clutch on a snake dude is fantastic

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gavok posted:

And then there's this.

Poor Cesaro even jobs in comics. :(

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

Gavok posted:

And then there's this.

What comic is this a part of? I want to pick this up.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The_Rob posted:

What comic is this a part of? I want to pick this up.

Secret Wars Too

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Gavok posted:

Secret Wars Too

I like rasslin' and I like goofy comics. Another copy sold.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
I read that Captain America story recently with the replacement Cap and was bummed out when D-Man got killed off. Glad to see he's still around.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Don't feel bad for him getting released. Brad Maddox got to be tombstoned whilst wearing a turkey costume, and how many of us can say the same?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I was disappointed to find that the D in D-Man actually stood for something and wasn't just a recursive "What's the D stand for? D-Man! But why's he called D-Man? Because he has a big D on his chest!"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That would've been after Dustin started the Goldust gimmick, right?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

Poor Cesaro even jobs in comics. :(

Cesaro doesn't wear knee length tights though, and he rarely wears blue.

Neige
Mar 20, 2006

Pregnant Woman got pepper sprayed and kicked in the stomach? That ugly bitch was asking for it.

sticklefifer posted:

That would've been after Dustin started the Goldust gimmick, right?

Cody Rhodes is 30, meaning this picture was taken about 18 years ago. I do believe Goldust Vs Razor Ramon was 1991, which means I'm seriously old as gently caress.

EDIT: I also remember from Dusty's book that he called himself Stardust. So maybe it's an hommage to his father, in a manner. Who knows?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Neige posted:

Cody Rhodes is 30, meaning this picture was taken about 18 years ago. I do believe Goldust Vs Razor Ramon was 1991, which means I'm seriously old as gently caress.

EDIT: I also remember from Dusty's book that he called himself Stardust. So maybe it's an hommage to his father, in a manner. Who knows?

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

Neige posted:

razor vs goldust was in 1995/1996

Monkeycheese fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Nov 27, 2015

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

How did they not make a belt with a brass knuckles on it for Regal when that was his gimmick? Would have been even better if they were removable so he could clock fools with them.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
He could clock a fool, snap the knucks back into the belt, and then the ref would inexplicably ignore the belt as an illegal weapon.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Neige posted:

You thought Goldust was around in 1991? He was like one of the earliest attitude era style characters

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

The YEAOH community???!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Their logo is a flipped version of this image.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Jack Black as Rick Steiner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Little Mac posted:

Jack Black as Rick Steiner