Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Perigryn posted:

No, Vince! That'll summon Dr. Austin again!

Lights go out, but instead of hearing Taker's gong, you hear the *clang* of a bedpan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

quote="Paper Jam Dipper" post="412423305"]
The best part about botching a vertical suplex is that you are really just turning it into a brainbuster :v:
[/quote]

Put Miz in a match with Generico, he'll show how it's done right!

He's aged relatively well...what's the belt he's holding? It's got the WCW (or similar) logo but I don't remember ever seeing a silver belt like that when WCW was still around...custom title? From a different indie fed?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Ah, the guy wants to remember what he accomplished in the biz. Nothing wrong with that. This isn't like Warrior owning like 10 different colored copies of the IC and WWF titles.

All things considered, it's not a bad looking custom belt. Especially with all the goofy bling/face belts over the last few years.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Man that's really depressing :smith: definitely hope DDP and Jake and everyone else can help get his head straight

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

John Cena posted:

When the US and IC titles were reintroduced to WWE in 2003, they had brand new designs made for them. The one for the US title is the one that is alive and well today. The design they had for the IC title, however, they wound up not using and just went back to the already established belt, but now with a nameplate.

What did that alternate IC title look like?

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind if WWE had used a modified version of this for the WWE Championship belt. It's a nice looking belt overall and wouldn't need a whole lot else added to it to make it at least look like a world title.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

I love looking at the differences in the height of the cage from then, until now. I'm sure the walls are the same height but it makes a massive difference being 15' from the floor, versus 15' up from the mat itself. I still wonder how guys like Hardy and Angle survived those long-rear end falls without dying or being stretchered out.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

coconono posted:

We did push you and you were BORING.

After Kane pushed him, there was no coming back :ohdear:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Bad news friends - don't know if anyone saw it yet, but our favorite mortician has passed :smith: rest in peace, Paul Bearer

http://www.wwe.com/inside/paul-bearer-passes-26096670

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/wwe-william-moody-aka-paul-bearer-died-18672024

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

VogeGandire posted:

Seriously, if Punk is retiring as soon as he says, WWE would be crazy not to get him as a colour commentator.

I'll say it again, he reminds me of Mr. Perfect on commentary - will put over guys in the ring while making little jabs at guys he doesn't like, calls the match like it should be, and has good back-and-forth dialogue with the other commentators. I loved when the Punk-HHH angle was going on and HHH wanted Punk on commentary, and Punk's reaction about getting double pay and asking if he could wear HHH's suit coat :3: I want to say Punk ended up being a commentator AND guest timekeeper during the match IIRC due to a bunch of guys walking out from "fear of their safety", that night was pretty awesome.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Is it just me, or was the crowd really eating this whole thing up and going nuts? Sounded like more cheers than anything as soon as Punk's music hit after the gong.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

VogeGandire posted:

Can we all at least agree that Bray Wyatt is the best gimmick in wrestling right now?

I'd like to think Bray Wyatt is what Waylon Mercy would've been, had he not suffered a back injury. Such a creepy, engrossing character, like the Jake Roberts of New Orleans or something.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

I hope they're bringing that in so Ryback can climb it as he swats at all the jobbers down from the sky.

I'd laugh my rear end off, a bunch of jobbers on cables swinging around him (or guys tossing paper airplanes at him from the stands)

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

WWF used to have those "bone crunching" figures back in the day when Jakks was making them...just do that again for Rey, HHH, and Kevin Nash figures
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCBWAxJFg7I&t=56s

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Liar Lyre posted:

I know Shane saved a ton of stuff to make a real HoF, so it's already halfway there.

I can't see how they wouldn't have enough, they could practically have a pro wrestling museum. Old belts, ring gear, pictures, statues/busts, you name it...I think it could work pretty well if done right. I'd sure as hell check it out, I love stuff like that :)

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Gonz posted:

Another shot of Punk at the Mets game, with Heyman shitheeling it up nearby:

Please tell me Heyman followed Punk on the field, holding the baseball up in his hand like it was the richest prize in sports :allears:

EugeneJ posted:

Guess who's in the Mania program...

THINK WITH YOUR DIPSTICK, JIMMY!

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 6, 2013

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Dreams posted:

So does DDP get his sainthood now?

Complete with a video of Jake in action... and he looks happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kChFYq-RJaY

I can't get over how happy Jake is...not just from hearing him, but his body language and how much fun he's having :)

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

I love how he gives AJ the stink eye when she knocks it over...dude's hilarious and I'm glad WWE is at least letting some of his personality show instead of just making him "generic musclular hoss #459875"

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Phenix Rising posted:

Thanks! Oddly, quickly playing around with this, the new title doesn't really fit smoothly in here. The space has all of these weird corners; the top left and right aren't even symmetrical. Weird.

It's pretty close though, if the new belt is sitting at an angle:

It's not exact but definitely looks like it was intended for the updated design versus the old bling belt

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Saint Jimmy posted:

Do you think he drinks Natty Light? :rimshot:

Nah, makes him gassy :v:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

EugeneJ posted:

...did they airbrush out the scratch logo from the turnbuckles?

Wouldn't doubt it, for a long time the WWE was fighting with World Wildlife Foundation over the usage of the "WWF" lettering and logos, so a lot of older WWF videos had the logo blurred or removed.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Gotta admit though, he looks really good for his age :unsmith: show 'em Sid, show 'em why you're MASTER AND RULER...OF THE WOORRRRLLLDD

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Marijuana In The Bag match?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

rahum posted:

Foleys hair was worse than usual on RAW....

He looked like Darth Vader...

He looks surprisingly similar to Dutch Mantell (Zeb Colter), just with less of a bitchin' mustache and beard

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

This one still makes me smile after all these years :unsmith: I was so happy for Piper, he was and still is one of my favorite wrestlers.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrj50c_royal-rumble-1992-rowdy-roddy-piper-vs-the-mountie_sport#.UXwlFMqyKCg

The Fink was the best whenever he announced a new champion, he put so much enthusiasm behind it, nobody will ever top him as a ring announcer.

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 27, 2013

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

GREATEST INTERCONTINENTAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF ALL TIME, YEAH!

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Jefferoo posted:

Oh man, wrestling tattoos. Fuuuuck that's a dark, dark hole.

:smithicide:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Please tell me there's a Bizarro Foley gimmick where he gets chokeslammed on these and sells like it's the worst pain ever

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Seeing Dr. Death reminded me of The Miracle Violence Connection! :black101:

Love how those NWA tag belts look, I miss belt designs like that :allears:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Umbra Dubium posted:

If you ever have intruders in your house you can smack them over the head with it...

...a thought that has obviously crossed the mind of Mister Race already. Um, sorry sir, I'll let myself out.

Explains the dent in the silver globe on the belt :stare:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I don't think so, though the evidence (apparently we're both fans of wrestling, Doctor Who, and Rik Mayall) is pretty staggering :tinfoil:

Anyhoo, for content, since the first fed that actually got me into wrestling was WCCW, here's some WCCW title belts, the design of which I also liked:

Also, it looks like the NWA TV title belt design style was a pretty popular one throughout the 1980s. :v:

And I always loved the design of the WWF tag titles from the 1980s:

I love me some rasslin' title belts :3:

Hell yeah :hfive: Even the NWA heavyweight title belt design was pretty popular, I know they used that same style for the NWA US title for a bit and even those WCCW tag belts used it. I'd guess it was more of a cost measure, probably wasn't cheap to get a custom belt done back then so it was easier to use an already established "template" for an existing one (especially if they only had a limited number of people/companies to make the belts).

Still love how those dual-plated designs look, like the WWF tag and Hogan 86 with the gold and silver. I remember Hogan and Savage both had versions of the later Reggie Parks eagle belt done in gold and silver, and it looked pretty sweet compared to the all-gold version:

Even the original "big gold" NWA heavyweight looked gorgeous with dual-plate

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Perigryn posted:

Batmanuel cosplaying as Naitch?!

At first I saw the thumbnail and thought it was Marc Mero playing Batmanuel playing Nature Boy

DIE FLIEDERNAITCH

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Wojtek posted:

Wasn't it Angle/Lesnar?

The dangle of the Angle is inversely proportional to the cock of the Brock

Gonzo McFee posted:

Khali's trousers don't leave much to the imagination. :stare:

I swear Khali is just a really disproportionate midget on stilts, his legs look way too skinny on his body

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 04:11 on May 17, 2013

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

May 19 is also another very special day - the birthday of our favorite giant, Andre!

Rest in peace, big guy - good to know that heaven has a brute squad :unsmith:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Shield is awesome, and WWE put them together perfectly when it came to singles and tag team to get all the titles. Their matches are always fun as hell to watch too.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Big E knows how it's done.

Bink-E Langston :3:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

moonsour posted:

Cody Hall is a massive human being.

It's amazing just the change in Hall's face over time - before he had the more rounded, pudgy looking face associated with alcoholism, and now he's slowly looking more healthy and normal. drat glad DDP was able to start getting him on the right track to cleaning up his lifestyle, and really glad Hall is reconnecting and repairing family issues he's had due to his addictions.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

Human reboot of Lady and the Tramp seems to be moving along nicely.

More like Beauty and the Beast

e: beaten

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

That was the way it always was.

I miss when Scotty and A-Train were a tag team, they were fun and had that good mix of big, brawny, gently caress-you-up guy and smaller, agile, fly-everywhere-like-a-squirrel-on-meth guy

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

VogeGandire posted:

Was watching some old 4 Horsemen stuff, I forgot how good the Big Gold looked with the brown/burgundy strap.

That belt looked fantastic when it first came out - the two-tone plating, burgundy strap, and the overall design work on the plates was phenomenal. I really miss belts having designs that felt prestigious and important and didn't look like cheap toys (current WWE title, WWE spinner) or have goofy gimmicks (the Jeff Hardy purple facebelt, WWF hardcore belt).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

I guess if the network happens, or even just for guys to see how they look/come across on camera, the green screen room makes sense.

IIRC they used to do that too whenever they had wrestlers do their "signature poses" or whatnot, like back in the attitude era, so they could overlay onto the screen when matches were announced. Or just goofy stuff, like when Mick Foley did his Dude Love gimmick and had videos of him flying around or dancing with all sorts of weird backgrounds.