Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

I take it that's CIMA punishing his opponent for using powder?

My favourite part is the that the kid's wearing a 'I heart Heels' shirt. Cutest little smark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Jabba The American posted:

I fully concede that I may be missing the obvious, but if you already know you've sold so few tickets, why not just comp what's left and maybe make a buck or two on merch? Or was there so little interest that nobody was coming, even for free?

It's hard to get word out on that, particularly without saying 'nobody's coming, please come!', since you don't want to look weak (particularly as a publicly traded company). The second things is you don't want to get a reputation that you can just wait and get free tickets, like TNA does (or at least used to).

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

JohnnyNeptune posted:

My god people love this picture. I've drawn other things!

Draw more puro wrestlers as different doctors, then!

I too found it funny when that picture was posted the fourth time when people didn't know if it had already being posted, but it's such a great picture I can't be annoyed.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I like how many people keep saying, "Wow, without his mask he's actually good looking!" as if only hideous people wear masks.

Jigsaw is one ugly man, ugly enough that it skews everyone's opinion on all masked wrestlers that they too must be hiding their deep shame.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Is Fandango a reasonable dancer, out of interest? His partner seems to have a clue what she's doing, but is he doing alright or did they once again debut someone with a gimmick related to a skill and not give them training in that skill?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

CaptainRapesAlot posted:

I don't follow ROH as much since claudio left but why would a referee be a draw? They put it right there on the flyer like I should give a gently caress

Doesn't the NYC audience love Sinclair for some stupid reason (Twinkies?), so it may just be that. More importantly, lovely photos, lovely design, lovely main event.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

BillyMays posted:

Looks like DDT from Japan. Hulk is Antonio Honda and Warrior is I think Tomomitsu Matsunaga. DDT owns so check em out. They're the ones that have Yoshihiko, a blow up doll that has held quite a few titles in the promotion.

Edit: Correction apparently Warrior is Kikutaro.

It's from USA's debut show, check the puro thread if you want results/show recap.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Jack Krauser posted:

The most :geno: poster.

Sting vs. Rob Van Dam?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Oh god those terrible, terrible photoshops actually are the real covers.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

Emmalution still owns.

So what is the ex-Tenille up to? Apparently it's her stupid dance that the weird crowd stole for Fandango, but anything else?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

What the gently caress Icarus. He keeps on working out new terrible haircuts.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Germansimp posted:

At least it resulted in R-Truth getting blown up. Of course, he had to come back the very next night for the Smackdown tapings and completely no-sell the explosion :colbert:.

I would have loved a stupid explanation, but instead everyone just acted like he wasn't loving blown up on live television.

WWE really doesn't know how to balance their realistic stuff with their cartoony stuff.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

VogeGandire posted:

And Tajiri.

I like both Tajiri and Kana, but can't seriously think he's pulling off that hat, can you?

I also enjoy everybody thinking that every hat popular in that era was a fedora.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

Holy cow, Bauzen is a pretty rad photographer!

Daniel Ghita

Is it HDR? Is it Photoshopped? Don't care, looks amazing.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Looks like D-Young never took Titus' fashion advice.

This photo should be used in all instances when someone wants to stick out from the mold by not going with a traditional suit. Cesaro and Sandow look great in their traditional suits; Titus, Wade and Drew look okay without a tie; Justin looks like a laughing stock (particularly due to the glare making his skin too close to his shirt and tie, and his hair also blending together to make a too similar look; and Darren looks loving stupid.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Yuriy posted:

This picture is really kind of depressing when you consider where each man is today and how they're regarded by their respective fanbases.

Tensai is in America, with his Wife and Young Child, being paid reasonably well (not Brock Lesnar money, but still good money). Tensai had arguably peaked in NJPW and decided to raise his child, he's a happy man.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

apsouthern posted:

Bugger, I'll make up for it with this wonderful event poster from 2000

Ric Masters as the undertaker? I can't wait!

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

apsouthern posted:

Am I missing something obvious but isn't that Kofi?

(God I hope it is and I'm not just being dead racist or something)

Yes, that's why people are talking about why they put such a nowhere man on a PPV poster; when he might be on the show, might not, nobody cares.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

coconono posted:

lots questions here, but primarily wtf is wrong with that lady's kneecap?

Knees are ugly things, and obviously some part of the lighting is causing shadows which are accentuating the fact that knees are weird.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

rovert posted:

Feel like writing an article for the Wrestling Observer front page about WWE's sickening Irishsploitation:

Rebecca "Knox" Quin is has turned ginger

Looks amazing, don't care. It's more worrying that I have no faith in WWE to competently book any female wrestlers (except maybe keep AJ popular).

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

VogeGandire posted:

If those two movies aren't "the first two Toy Story movies", we're having words.

Anyway, content:

I wish I was as cool as Swagamura :allears:

While reasonably cool, his mouth always makes him look weird. While watching G1 Climax finals, I finally realised one of the things that seperate Okada is that he's a legitimately attractive man.

Admittedly I say that as a heterosexual man, but there's a whole lot of ugly men in New Japan.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 14, 2013

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

gently caress it, let's post more pics from that Hulk Hogan Archive.

Look at those sweat stains! Just look!

It's a shame Hulk was such a terrible actor, that looks like a character I want to see in a film.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Why hasn't someone used one these as a foreign object yet?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

It was actually a little over 8 years ago. I could not believe Masters had being a wrestler for 10 years.

Guys still so young, it's a shame he's so bad at wrestling.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I think that goes in the file of "things that totally happened."

Steiner said it happened. Who are we to question this man who claimed to have beaten Wilt Chamberlain's record.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Quantrill posted:

yeah, he's much worse.

I have to say that I wasn't aware of the trend to wear clothes, without taking the loving price tags off yet.

I thought the stupid loving trend of not taking the sticker off your cap was bad enough.

Ishin posted:

Can't tell if serious or not......... but that's probably his pass to be in restricted areas of Cowboy's Stadium.

I was being stupid! In that case why on earth do they have people wear their passes around their waists, under their clothes?

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 10, 2013

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Valeyard posted:

I don't know why but this just cracks me up

Because someone thought the slogan "Big Guy - Big Traps" was a good slogan?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

Kane is one of those wrestlers who manages to look even more like a goofy gently caress when he's not in costume.

It's the combination of age, wrestler ponytail, terrible glasses, and strange libertarianism.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Let me tell you about manga is inherently superior to western comics, brother!

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

oatgan posted:

Randy what is wrong with your jacket, dude? You look like a child in dad's clothes

He was 22/23 at the time.

Matlock posted:

The last time Mark Jinrak's career was on an upward path.

Eh, he seems to be doing fine in Mexico. How could a man with the highest vertical leap in the WWE not have a great career?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Castomira posted:

I completely disagree with you. I dig the off-kilter, coppery Spartans.

Agreed. It makes the belts a little different, and brings forward the concept of two people working together as a tag team.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

kidcoelacanth posted:

This loving owns, to hell with you!!

It would have been the most cartoonish belt ever, with no possible middle ground between the best belt ever and the worst belt ever.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

To be fair apparently they replaced the image in the center to whoever was the champion.

Or in other words they never changed the image. Or did I miss the joke?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Am I just crazy for thinking they look alike?

Only that they are tall white men with beards of different colours. So they're reasonably different, in the same way that they don't look like Damien Sandow.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Karmine posted:

That guy Sami Zayn in developmental who everyone is going apeshit over?

Same guy.

How is it even possible that you post on this forum and don't know who he is?

I think he's being Ironic. Also if that's really Cena's instagram, I wouldn't expect him to have a pointlessly 'artistic' account.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Gavok posted:

Jesse Ventura was right. Someone finally brought a gun in a no-DQ situation.

It actually seems much more like they do a worker pro wrestling match, then duel to the death with shotguns.

Boy that's going to be a lovely loving comic, I don't understand how so many lovely comics are funded.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

There are few ways to emphasise a widow's peak more than having your hair pulled back, which is a strange decision.

But she looks good, it's nice to see her happy with her zombie beau.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Jefferoo posted:

Guys I found Sara Del Rey.

It was fun to see her on Total Divas, where they acted like she was just there, and the person actually running the classes and teaching everyone.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

apsouthern posted:

Unrelated, but that masked man looks familiar

I would've thought Vimmy Valient got his look together before 2003, but apparently he kept going.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Valeyard posted:

His smile is just great, I would like to see Motorhead play him to the ring again

I'd love to see them not bother to look up the lyrics again before playing, that was amazing.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Wow. There are a load of new divas in developmental!

Most of them not worth a drat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

It's a shame that he's popular in India, because Khali is just sad to see on TV. He can't wrestle, and this can't be great for his health. Watching an old man suffer from the sickness of gigantism isn't fun viewing.