Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

1999: 12. 13 if you include the taped show aired January 4th.
2000: 5
2001: 5. Also 6 WCW title changes in the WWF.

e: WCW merch to stay on topic

Good old SLing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Roman Reigns tweeted this out - it's probably fan-made but I'd totally see this Michael Bay movie.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

VogeGandire posted:

I'm actually kinda happy they're putting Roman front and center. Motherfucker's got PRESENCE.

Isn't Roman the personal project of HHH, in the way that Ryback is Steph's? I think I remember reading that.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cromulent posted:

I've heard that about so many NXT guys. Ambrose, Ohno, Maddox, Reigns, all of them have been called "HHH guys" on the internet at sometime or another. I wouldn't look into it too much.

Most of those guys are HHH signings but not necessarily projects. When I say projects I mean guys that HHH (or Steph in the case of Cena and Ryback) are building from the ground up, starting from developmental through the main event. Ambrose, Ohno, Sin Cara, and Kharma were all supposedly sought out for deals at HHH's request but they obviously had characters built-in when they were.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Nice to see Jackie Earl Haley attending a wrestling show.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Perry Normal posted:

Scope thinks two luchadors making out will secure my business.

Scope is right. BRB, buyin' Scope.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Well I'm sure the steady diet of cocaine and steroids in lieu of food probably helped.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MrBling posted:

Undertaker getting a bit of belly there.

He really doesn't look that bad for someone his age, who's had surgery recently.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I had these and they broke after two days. UGHHHHH WHAT A RIP

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TenaciousJ posted:

The "not wrestling tonight" thing is fine for now but it will get stale if no one starts trying to give him his comeuppance.

You cannot possibly expect the not wrestling tonight thing to continue in perpetuity, right? Obviously someone will eventually get him to wrestle.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TenaciousJ posted:

It's about time someone did that or at least threatened it. I have in fact watched wrestling before.

Why is it time already? He's getting decent heat for it and people are talking about the angle. Are you really clamoring for him to wrap up the part of the character that's getting this attention so he can be in meaningless matches with Brodus and Jodi on Saturday Morning Slam?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Are those real or makeup? They seem just a little too perfectly crisscrossed to have happened naturally.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Here's Punk's new 'Second City Saint' shirt.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

Bruno hanging out with Regal

It's a rare thing indeed to see Regal look like a plucky young upstart in 2013.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

It certainly is minimalist.

That is not what minimalist poster design is. Simply leaving a bunch of whitespace at the bottom is not minimalist, it's stupid and lazy. Minimalist poster design would be a vector drawing of a viper and a dollar sign with the word 'PAYBACK'.

e:

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 19, 2013

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Just walk into any barber shop and be like "give me the Dr Death" and that's how you'll look.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

VogeGandire posted:

He actually mentions in his book that, through his tours with WWE, he bought a jersey from every team's stadium. Presumably he's a Leafs fan.

I want to believe Edge is too smart to be a Leafs fan.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Teaser poster for the WWE Leprechaun movie, starring Raw GM Hornswoggle.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm glad to see they put him in the meat shoes.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Still better than Robocop 3

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

There's this movie at Cannes this year about wrestling in the 60's called "Our Heroes Are Dead Tonight". It's getting kind of mixed reviews, but I really like the stills.

quote:

France in the early 60s. Simon, a wrestler, wears a white mask. In the ring, he is known as "The Specter". He suggests to his friend Victor who has just returned from combat to be his adversary in the ring and wear a black mask, and be known as "The Slaughterer of Belleville".

But for Victor, still shaken from his experience in combat, this is too much : for once in his life, he would like to be the good guy, the one people cheer on. Simon then suggests they switch masks. But it proves less easy to fool the rest of wrestling crowd...

http://twitchfilm.com/2013/05/gorge...ng+%28Twitch%29

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Uncle Ulty posted:

Kevin Spacey is the ring announcer?

I was thinking it looked like the midget from Twin Peaks (Michael J Anderson)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Superstars cereal was one of the worst of a long line of lovely 80's-90's branded cereals, and that's really saying something. Now the ET cereal? That was a loving cereal.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Everyone shut up

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Kenny King (bottom right) has some powerful friends. Friends like Steve Sanders.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Kaitlyn especially looks like a completely different person.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

When I think death match I think pretty blue umbrella.

And that, kids, is how I met your mother.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Havoc904 posted:

I keep seeing that picture and thinking why is Eric Bischoff on the cover of the new WWE game. His pose, facial expression, hair style, and clothing all look just like Bischoff at first glance.

Maybe its because I have been watching ppvs from 2003 lately.

I've been saying since he debuted that Brad Maddox is a better Garrett Bischoff than Garrett Bischoff. He even looks more like Eric than Garrett does.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

Its only about what goes on with them backstage and being in character.

Are they acknowledging that Tyson Kidd and Natalya are married on TV? Because their wedding (and her bachelorette party) is definitely part of the reality show.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wazzu posted:

Is it HDR? Is it Photoshopped? Don't care, looks amazing.

This photo should be used in all instances when someone wants to stick out from the mold by not going with a traditional suit. Cesaro and Sandow look great in their traditional suits; Titus, Wade and Drew look okay without a tie; Justin looks like a laughing stock (particularly due to the glare making his skin too close to his shirt and tie, and his hair also blending together to make a too similar look; and Darren looks loving stupid.

All those outfits are Real Bad, other than Wade and what I can see of Drew. The worst of the worst rental jobs.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

VogeGandire posted:

To be fair, the average sizes aren't exactly going to fit them very well.

And Cesaro doesn't look TOO bad. That said, he could rock anything, really.

I find it weird that Darren, despite seemingly being in his own clothes and having the physique of an underwear model, looks so frumpy. You'd think any of these guys would be able to afford a tailor or at least alterations. Where's Mark Henry when you need him? You *know* that dude has an ace tailor.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I guess if the network happens, or even just for guys to see how they look/come across on camera, the green screen room makes sense.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They're all stock photos. That Punk shot is on a giant billboard here in Toronto.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

That's probably the worst event flyer I've ever seen.

Its not that loving loving hard

I like to believe that the Tramlines Festival actually features wrestling matches on a moving streetcar. If so, event redeemed.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Perfect, just completely perfect.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I thought for a minute that they got Dolph really wrong before realizing it was Swagger, who they got *really* wrong. Who's to the upper left of Swagger and left of Sandow though?

Good job on Dom Delouise/Foley though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Please put Dolph in a Father's Day sequel or the Mother's Day remake. Please complete my life.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I find it a little odd that they chose the IC title for that image but yeah, I kinda like it.