Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Seeing this smug face during the Belfort/Silva press conference turned me into an Andy fan for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Wendell posted:

Wait, Meltzer is claiming Rock isn't using any sort of drugs? Wow.

He hasn't been saying that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
She looks... better?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Flare_knight posted:

What the hell did the other guy look like?

You see that blood? That blood used to be part of the other guy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Stefan "Silly String" Struve

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
She will be the female Scott Norton and thus my favorite.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jefferoo posted:

Yeah, Jericho mentions it on his DVD, even though he was Undisputed champion at the time and everything. Such a loving shame they repeated the same mistake with Rock/Cena and Jericho/Punk, booking a bigger match than the WWE title match. Of course, for Twice in a Lifetime, well...

...gently caress.

Rock/Cena went on last, not Jericho/Punk so it wasn't a mistake. The title match isn't going to always be the biggest match on WM. It is just the nature of a show where there are special guests and special matches. Look at WM 24, the two title matches were probably 3rd and 4th in importance in terms of drawing power, but they still put a title match on last and it worked ok. You couldn't make either Mayweather/Show or Flair/HBK a title match, and it would have been crazy not to do either match just because the were overshadowing the title. Same with WM 26, except that time they put the title match on last.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

njsykora posted:

WM26 had Shawn/Taker 2 last.

I have no idea why I twisted that around since my whole point was that they try to mix and match based on circumstances, but for some reason I typed that. It's not like I meant to cite WM 25 either. Dumb on my part!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Frightmare is going to glue some straws to his mask.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Wazzu posted:

Doesn't the NYC audience love Sinclair for some stupid reason (Twinkies?), so it may just be that. More importantly, lovely photos, lovely design, lovely main event.

Everyone loves Todd Sinclair. NYC's golden boy was Turner for awhile after the Aries/fan incident a few years ago.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I'd be pissed if I was sat behind a skyscraper.

No one is sitting behind that. The only tickets sold behind the set are in the upper deck. That's why whenever they announce a modern WWE event set a building record they are lying, they can't come close to maximum capacity due to the sets.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LightsGameraAction posted:

Some of that gets made up by the amount of floor-level seating they can put in on the field itself.

Yes, but only some. In the end don't come close to actual building records.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jefferoo posted:

That's a polo he's got on under that jacket. Wrong.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

weekly font posted:

That picture desperately needs a Samoa Joe section.

Here you go:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Flameingblack posted:

It's one of the trademarks of Candian independent Inter-Species Wrestling, along with their obscene as un-family friendly as possible product. Really worth checking out

It's only un-family friendly ever since Giant Tiger lost the belt, because he's incredibly family friendly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

There is a difference between being family friendly and loving someones whole family.

FWB

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That Raven and Saturn match is probably the best match on that show, and actually a legit good match in general.

It's the only thing resembling a good match on that miserable show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Quasipox posted:

Hey where'd you get that picture of Laurinaitis as a kid?

What is the point of this hideous thing?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I also have one of Hogan pulling Flair's trunks down but I'll keep that one to myself.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

I don't really follow Puro, so is Kobashi's retirement recent? I know he'd taken time off to rest after beating cancer in that Loser Leaves Town match, plus aging and injuries and such, did he have a good final run?

He's barely been able to wrestle in the last few years due to injury. He announced his retirement during the winter and trained for this one match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jefferoo posted:

Confined to the roof, USA has violently seized control of Creative.

Poor Bruce, you've fallen so far...

Alberto is now multiple faces! Thrice as insufferable!

You should be happy that he's on good TV shows now hanging out with real stars instead of being in bad movies and hanging out on the Virgil circuit.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Perigryn posted:

You know who did pose with Romney?

Cena had the worst year of his life, Pac Man got knocked the gently caress out, Stephanie Meyer's next film adaptation bombed, don't let Romney appear with you folks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tato posted:

How many wrestlers ran their own websites in the '90s? I remember reading Jericho's commentary on his site in '98 all the time.

DDP had his own site and ran the Union of Diamond Cutters. DDP and Jericho were the only two I really followed. I think Bret Hart had one that archived his Sun columns.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm surprised Punk would wear a Misfits shirt, honestly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cactus Jack posted:

Why? The original Misfits were awesome and extremely influential. If you're just thinking of the late 90s non-Danzig version then yes, they are lovely.

In regards to all of this fedora talk, the only time it is acceptable to wear one is if you are a detective in a film noir story. If you are not, then you are a dork and look like an idiot.

The Misfits have successfully merchandised themselves to a point where it just seems like it would turn off a guy like Punk.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Let's be honest though, the Macho Madness makes up for the other ones.

Fake edit: why is there not a Macho smiley?

There really aren't enough posts about spousal abuse to justify it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Yuriy posted:

Did Kobashi get out of the wrestling business relatively okay physically?

He looks pretty happy and healthy there, but is he as broken down as say Foley?

He's really broken down but not as bad as Foley.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

What's he doing with Jake Shields?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Valeyard posted:

I think both Bellas are gorgeous ladies, BUT, there is something strange about their faces in that photo

Atrocious lighting and probably a low quality camera phone flash.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

I think Alvarez has mentioned that the bartender carded him at his own wedding.

I hope he ripped up the fake ID.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I really hope that Reagan shirt is ironic.

He bought it for an 80s costume. I didn't bother to save the picture, but it's... something.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Perigryn posted:

Steiner dared him to take one if he had to. Hunter backed down.

I think that goes in the file of "things that totally happened."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

getitoffgetitoff posted:

Wow, look at that loving loser.

Be nice to Sunny, she's had a rough life.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The legendary stable of John Cena, Triple H, Ric Flair and Trevor Murdoch.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Look Goldust might be really good at wrestling but I really miss Don West yelling out "THAT DARKNESS FALLS WEAPON!!!!!!"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TL posted:

What's happened to Val Venis?

I guess he got so into the free market he forgot about his sexual market value.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I lost all respect for King Kong Bundy after the liberties he took in the ring with the Bumblebee.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Our soldiers know that as they protect America abroad, John Cena defends our nation at home.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Matt Hardy is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Saint Jimmy posted:

Again, the Bellas look a million times better without TV makeup

It's really weird you would say that in a photo like that where the lighting is horrible.