Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

VogeGandire posted:

My favourite part about that build-up. It's kinda cut off in that picture, but Jim Duggan had just won King of the Ring. His 2x4 HAS A CROWN.

And yeah, they built it up for weeks with Duggan wearing a mask and hanging around Demolition. People thought it might be a heel turn...then the night of Summerslam, he unmasked, and had the stars and stripes face paint. You should watch it, it's a surprisingly decent match, and the face pop when he does unmask is brilliant.

It actually wasn't a tournament back then, he just beat Haku for the crown. Savage later won it from Duggan and began his "Macho King" gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thunder Hammerfist posted:

The current group of champions loving rule. The group in the picture (exc. Beth and hopefully Kofi) and our current group undoubtedly are the future. Especially this guy:

Well, it's tough to really predict a bright future for Bourne and Ryder after looking at their career trajectories throughout 2012. Not that I'm complaining about the current group of champs as I'd easily take Cesaro over Ryder any day.

For content, Danielson and El Generico hugging it out in ROH:

Shame ROH keeps taking down the incredible pre match sequence from YouTube, I own two legal copies of the match but both only contain the action after the bell rings.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Belts belts belts

Belts?

Belts!

Thauros fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 25, 2013

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Flameingblack posted:

She did the torture rack to Matt Classic, who is no small man.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

@RealKingRegal posted:

Wrestling poster from the 80's.Myself and Robby Brookeside look like proper divs.

Also of note is that the UK Rock & Roll express was apparently one blond guy who wasn't Ricky Morton and presumably had no relation to the famous US team.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 27, 2013

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Memento1979 posted:

I was going to post that the El Generico online shop is about to be closed down, but it looks like it already has been - his website is still there, but the /shop url 404's out.

Yeah, I bought my first and probably last ever wrestling t-shirt from him right before the deadline expired.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I've actually never watched even one minute of WM X since I wasn't paying attention to wrestling at the time, guess I should rectify that one of these days. Everyone seems to say it was great.

More Generico in DDT Pro, simply because it rules.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I honestly thought he was dead, must have gotten him confused with his tag team partner.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

It is here

I always liked the guy since I first saw him in late stage WCW, but my opinion of him just went up a few more notches now that I noticed that his t-shirt is based on my favorite movie of all time.

Shame he's in a promotion I find mostly unwatchable.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Much to Vince's chagrin though, Cena's really not nearly enough of mainstream celebrity to turn this into a huge scandal especially since he's already divorced. It's not like he's accused of rape or anything illegal.

He'll get a couple more articles on gossip sites but this will quickly blow over.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Keep in mind also that DDP and Jake might be picking him up from the hospital/treatment center where he underwent detox. The one time I was discharged from a hospital they insisted on wheeling me out even though I was certainly healthy enough to walk.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I was going to say that she looked like a 12 year old girl with toy belts, then I looked her up on Wikipedia and she apparently really is only 15.

For content, Roddy Piper putting Kevin Steen in a sleeper:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Mantis, too. Hydra needs two extra masks.

It's funny how easy to tell it's still Delirious without the mask in the few unmasked pictures I've seen of him.

On the other hand, I have no clue what Mantis looks like or even what his real name is and I'm happy to keep it that way. I know everyone says he's actually a good looking guy though.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

No idea Taker was ever paired with Mantel, although I knew about a couple of other famous managers he had.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Christopher Irvine posted:

Where is this and where do I watch it immediately? Tanahashi's hair tells me it's recent.

Tanahashi vs Devitt from the recent 41st Anniversary show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GswVKh5SCA

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

deviANT (purple) is the only ant unaccounted for in that match. He was one of the three heel ants introduced last season and was in a heel/face forced tag team with Soldier as recently as the opening weekend. Now that Wink's introduced the new Ant trio and teaming them with Soldier I don't know what the gently caress they have planned for him if anything. combatANT was the one who had his neck kayfabe injured by Quack at the last KoT and he hasn't been seen since.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

LightsGameraAction posted:

It's been around so long it deserves to go out over an angle.

"Beard vs. Streak" would have had a nice ring to it. :allears:

:stare:

He's gonna have it at the very least until the end of the year, he has a beard growing contest with a MLB pitcher that the WWE has referenced on TV. The beard also suits his current gimmick perfectly, it's not like he's playing Rick "The Model" Martel, Jr.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

HulkaMatt posted:

Just found this GEM:

Who's the guy on the right of the photo with the sunglasses?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Some photographer named Joe Mizereck now has https://www.themiz.com pointing to his SmugMug page.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I love that Punk is wearing a Cesaro t-shirt.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Liar Lyre posted:

I want to go to Wrestlemania one year just for Axxess (or however you spell it)

Yeah, it's funny, I really don't have that huge a desire to actually attend Mania since cheap stadium seats for wrestling really doesn't sound that enthralling, but I'd have loved to be in the metro area this weekend for Axxess and the indie stuff.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Bruno and Backlund look great considering their respective ages.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

@ColtCabana posted:

What a crew of misfits: @TheRealXPac @iLikeSamiZayn @CMPunk @RealKingRegal @ReneeYoungWWE

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Rene Paquette, who used to work for a Canadian sports station that aired WWE and was recently hired.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

I was in DC this weekend and a ~35-year-old got on the metro with the yellow Never Give Up shirt, matching hat, jorts and black neoprene knee pads.

Cena's supposed to be a real nice guy in person, I'd have at least said hello.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

VogeGandire posted:

They're a couple, they have been for a while now.

Not only that but Beth's dating Edge now, although I think she's managed to avoid Matt Hardy.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

He is wrestlings greatest monster

Yeah, that confused me as well since he's from Toronto and she's from Buffalo, I think I read somewhere that he's friends with one of the players or something.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Sonnen's actually pretty good, it's just that he's fought arguably the greatest fighter of all time (Anderson Silva) and a dominant champ in a higher weight class back to back.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

That's Taker, right? I've never even heard of him using that name before and it doesn't show up on his wiki page. Also, I really hope that picture dates from 1988.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 3, 2013

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

What version of FF IV is that? I've played the US and a translated Japanese rom of the SNES version way oo many drat times and I don't think it's that based on the background.

For content and another wrestling/video games crossover, Kota Ibushi and Kenny Omega visit Capcom.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Is he forming a new tag team with Hallowicked?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

@WadeBarrett posted:

Took me almost 10 years, but officially became a Pro Wrestler this evening. #WWEJapan #Ribera

Didn't even know the WWE was in Japan. I wonder if we'll get any more pics of them meeting with Japanese "fans"?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The Jean Genie posted:

:allears:

The little A/X just completes it.

It's on his trunks too, I head somewhere that he got an official Armani Exchange sponsorship.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Kevin Steens new shirt

Which is based on the same artwork as the Young Bucks' new one

I recognize Bowser=Steen, Yoshi=Generico, DK=Colt, Toad=Rick Knox, and Wario=Jay Lethal, but who's Peach supposed to be?

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jul 3, 2013

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

No idea what I'm looking at. Besides nerdy girl with no pants holding what looks to be Rock's Unified WWE Title.

Ronda Rousey?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

That looks more like Icarus than Cody.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oldpainless posted:

Undertaker had to wrestler a fake Undertaker. And Kane, who dressed up as fake Diesel, also had to wrestle a fake Kane.

And Undertaker also wrestled fake Diesel.

And Undertaker also dressed up as Kane sometimes.

I imagine everytime the bookers started explaining this UT and Kane would just look at each other and say "Here we go again!"

Also, when Undertaker first debuted he was actually called "Kane the Undertaker" for a very brief period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Did a Tiger Mask ever compete in the WWF? Tht struck me as an odd inclusion.