Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Cromulent posted:

Hm, can't say I expected to see a picture of these two together

This is the start of the beginning of the genesis of the Rock working off his ring rust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Wow, Ziggler really let losing the Rumble get to him.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bard Maddox posted:

God, I wish this match were better.

I vividly remember praying to the gods for a Punk cash in. I couldn't believe they'd end a WrestleMania so shittily.

Gonzo McFee posted:

I don't think I've ever enjoyed a single Randy Orton Vs HHH match.

They had a really good one on the PPV where Cena was stripped of the belt after his year long reign.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

WrestleMania set under construction. I dig it so far, I like that they seem to be going with a different concept then wall of giant screens.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
If you look at the seating chart, the area behind the stage is closed to fans below the upper deck. There's no danger of a skyscraper obstructed view.

I'm hoping they don't make the same mistake as last year and use a big wide brace to hold up the tarp over the ring, I read horror stories last year of people who couldn't see beyond the god drat palm trees. I didn't pay an obscene amount of money for my seats to watch on the Titantron.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

MrTpug posted:

Think this thing is stable enough for someone to pull a King Kong spot and climb it? Then again is there anyone on the roster that would be willing to pull it off? Only ones that come to mind are the Shield.

For content:

Goddamn, I loved those figures. I had I think every one in the ad except for Crush and Owen Hart. I know a lot of people are fans of the old LJN figures, but I'm too young for them. Every time I scraped together five bucks I begged to go to Toys R Us to get a new one.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I think they've outdone themselves this time. Holy crap:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Xenoletum posted:

I was more a fan of ovaltron over fist myself. Ovaltron was nice, subtle, and pleasing to the eye. Fist was all jagged and edgy and IN YOUR FACE WE ARE EXTREME.

I always thought the fist set was a tribute to Bill Goldberg.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Gavok posted:

Note that this poster is hyping up Big Boss Man vs. Nailz while ignoring the world title match main event of Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels.

Ric Flair would've still been champion when the poster was made if I recall correctly.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
He has the hair of my fifty year old kindergarten teacher aunt.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Memento1979 posted:

I'm vaguely surprised that VKM never put the Big Gold Belt on Trump.

I'm suddenly glad that Vince is at least eight years away from learning about the existence of message boards.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Does anyone else remember the nude tattoo of Goldberg someone had on their torso where their belly button ring doubles as Goldberg's cock ring?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Quasipox posted:

I don't think I've ever prompted that many posts with something I just found while searching Google Images for something else.

Found a pretty sweet MMA poster for some local thing near me. It was posted on our local rock station's FB feed:

Dude in the middle just looks like a skinnier, do-ragged Bork Lazer, but maybe that's just me.

Apparently Howard Finkel has been moonlighting in MMA under the name Nick Smiley.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

flashy_mcflash posted:

Superstars cereal was one of the worst of a long line of lovely 80's-90's branded cereals, and that's really saying something. Now the ET cereal? That was a loving cereal.

I was always fond of the Ninja Turtles Cereal and the Nintendo Breakfast System.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
WWE tarps off a section about the size for production purposes for TV as well. That's not a terrible crowd for the size of the venue.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

I Before E posted:

He's like someone decided to carve the platonic ideal of a wrestler out of marble.

The guy on the left doesn't look bad either.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I saw him in the trailer for Riddick last week, too.

Why are they reenacting Macho Man's first title win?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

oldpainless posted:

People were talking about Santino Marella in another thread and I looked him up and he has a daughter who apparently just won Miss Teen World 2013 so congrats to him and her.

She didn't win, she was disqualified for stealing another competitor's delicious Subway sandwich.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

apsouthern posted:

IRS gets all the ladies

Is that Woman on the left?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bard Maddox posted:

dot com did a photoshoot of current guys with old belts and it's pretty cool. Some choice pictures:

I actually like the current WWE belt, but the fact that this won't ever happen makes me sad.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

What's happened to Val Venis?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

EugeneJ posted:

Guess who...

Val Venis

No, it's not actually. But it is his brother.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Khali shirtless always makes me laugh. His belly button and nipples look like a surprised face.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
This thread is in the enclosed pool area of my heart.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

sticklefifer posted:

An even more militant Kefka.

Or, alternately, and even more militant Ke$ha.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Say Nothing posted:

O.K, was that really the same mask that would later be worn by Mike Foley as Mankind?
The way I read Foley's description of the origin of Mankind's mask was that creative pitched the idea of Undertaker wearing a phantom of the opera-style mask, but it didn't fit with his character, so it put aside and later offered to Foley.
I'm sure I've read that Foley's mask was the same one Taker wore, but it looks totally different.

I supposed it could have just been rehashed to look different.

The Mankind mask was based on a rejected concept for Undertaker's mask. It wasn't the same mask at all.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
That logo actually came out over a year and a half ago when they first announced the network.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Say Nothing posted:

I think Humphrey was the heaviest wrestler ever at 800lb+, unless another has a picture of Yokozuna in his post-WWE days where he supposedly got up to 800lbs.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
That's not actually the Warrior's comic. That's a WWF comic. Warrior's own comic was completely bugfuck insane.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

sticklefifer posted:

My first thought was Prototype

?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bill de Blasio is one hardcore mayor.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Just posted this in the Twitter thread, but bears repeating here:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Shoehead posted:

I'm getting less of a Satan vibe and more of a Gor one.

Cabot?! Cabot! Cabot? Cabot?!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

oatgan posted:

his name was rellik

That's Killer spelled backwards.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Writer Cath posted:

I was bouncing a basketball, he kicked it away and laughed.

:smith:

RVD account spotted.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

404GoonNotFound posted:

God, knowing Mania is 3 hours away but entirely out of my budget is the worst feeling.

Is it wrong if I actually want to hang out at my local comic shop Tuesday afternoon to see if one of the "nerdier" workers (Rhodes, Woods, etc) passes through before the Smackdown taping?

I would think there's closer places to New Orleans than 3 hours away for comics.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Confirmed: Michael Tarver to join the Shield tonight on Raw.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

sunsweet posted:

LOOK AT HIM MAGGLE HE'S SO UGLY THEY GOTTA PUT A YELLOW SQUARE ON HIS FACE

This has become my new favorite running joke, and this is easily my favorite execution of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I have a request-does anyone have that picture of the family who won a bunch of money during the McMahon Million Dollar Mania giveaway? They looked really...off, if I remember right.