Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«25 »
beergod
Nov 1, 2004

In loving memory of Ben Roethlisberger's appendix, 1982-2006.

loving bullshit gently caress gently caress gently caress everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

a cultural boneyard

I can watch the Ottawa/Winnipeg game but not either of the US games, despite being in Canada. Maybe because the CBC.ca stream is not working either.

Godinster
Jan 2, 2005

No more tripping, Emery

Wrong thread

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

I am in the UK, and I can watch Ott-Win but am getting blacked out of the US games. Is this Premier Sports related stuff that other people are getting, or is there something specific to me that I need to fix?

sba
Jul 9, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Garage league has garage TV packages.

Godinster
Jan 2, 2005

No more tripping, Emery

GCL and Unblock US aren't working nicely together right now from Canada.

sba
Jul 9, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Can't watch Pens/Flyers on the west coast, even though I pay for gamecenter and center ice. Thanks NHL.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

sba posted:

Can't watch Pens/Flyers on the west coast, even though I pay for gamecenter and center ice. Thanks NHL.

You should be able to stream it on NBC's website. I think that's why it's not on gamecenter or center ice.

Rutkowski
Apr 27, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

Yeah it seems Gamecenter have blocked out the two US games globally.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Glad I decided to try Gamecenter this year. Best $50 I ever spent. Classic games wouldn't load or stuttered, no archive of the past seasons that I could find and now everything Gamecenter is broken. Cool.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Jarmak posted:

Sweet I'm blackout out here in Afghanistan and the online chat thing is saying its off hours. I know my internet isn't going to be fast enough to stream the game, I know its really gamecenter I should be angry at but I can't help it:

gently caress the army, gently caress Afghanistan, gently caress Italy, I want to go home and turn on NESN and watch a game in HD without hitching and without spending an hour loving with support

Least I still have those glass tickets for leave

In your specific case, you should be able to play up the OUR TROOPS angle to get the blackouts removed for Military. They don't seem to mind bad publicity but shafting military men is beyond that.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Technetium posted:

Glad I decided to try Gamecenter this year. Best $50 I ever spent. Classic games wouldn't load or stuttered, no archive of the past seasons that I could find and now everything Gamecenter is broken. Cool.

Every other service from every other sport goes through the same thing on launch day.

Also I think you can get a refund up to a week after you ordered so....

sba
Jul 9, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

astr0man posted:

You should be able to stream it on NBC's website. I think that's why it's not on gamecenter or center ice.

The worst league.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

DMT
DMT
DOO DEE DOO
DMT
LSD DOO DMT
LSD DOO DMT

Rutkowski posted:

Yeah it seems Gamecenter have blocked out the two US games globally.

This is not true. I used a proxy from Brazil and it loaded up the Kings/Hawks game fine.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

nhl lol

ishootudie
Dec 12, 2003

Interesting that the Gamecenter payment site is the only *.nhl.com site that seems to loading for me. I just want to see if the Philly or NJ games (or both) are blacked out for me at work, and the site just continually gives me a "Gateway Timeout".

Any other way to look up the Gamecenter blackout areas? I get both Philly and NY/NJ channels on TV at work, so it is always a tossup what will be blacked out.

Scott Gomez Addams
Feb 10, 2008

The Philly game is blacked out if you're in the states because it's on NBC.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004
insert inspirational text here

It's also blackedout here in BC which is odd.

edit: I think nhl.com is hosed atm, nothing is even listed right now to watch.

Joink fucked around with this message at Jan 19, 2013 around 23:09

freehotel
Apr 2, 2010

Joink posted:

It's also blackedout in Canada which is odd.

Neither NBC game was blacked out for me here in Calgary, but the site kept crashing and was slow as hell.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

So has anyone gotten in-touch with NHL/Gamecenter to see when this poo poo is gonna be sorted out?

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

I was able to watch the stream on my laptop for the afternoon games, but it took a long rear end time to load.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

CDX posted:

I was able to watch the stream on my laptop for the afternoon games, but it took a long rear end time to load.

Yeah I was just able to load up the gamecenter site on my desktop. 360 app still seems messed up though (won't allow you to login).

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

They fight for their teammates without any thought about danger to themselves. One can carry a puck while flying.

"This game is being broadcast on local television in your area and is not available in NHL GameCenter LIVE™ at this time."

I'm in the middle of Canada and the game's only being broadcast on SUN and CSN-DC.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Did this Gamecenter poo poo ever get sorted out? I'd like to follow the Jackets during Rangers intermissions.

Scott Gomez Addams
Feb 10, 2008

The online client works OK. The Xbox one is being stupid, which they'd better fix soon.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

"This contest is over, give that man the 8.7 million dollars!"

My AppleTV is also working fine now.

A Kpro
Feb 23, 2011

owls don't go to school

Gamecenter working alright for me. It's nothing but the preview screen now but it should cut to the game when it starts.

Sleeper Pimp
Nov 2, 2006

Ess Jay SCHARKS DAWT COM

This might be a stupid question but I cannot for the life of me get the mosaic view to actually display more then one game. It says to click on the box and then select a game, but all that does is bring me to a game preview page. Am I missing something?

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

"This contest is over, give that man the 8.7 million dollars!"

Sleeper Pimp posted:

This might be a stupid question but I cannot for the life of me get the mosaic view to actually display more then one game. It says to click on the box and then select a game, but all that does is bring me to a game preview page. Am I missing something?

are you trying to bring up a blacked out game? i.e. BOS/NYR or Habs/Leafs?

burf
Feb 1, 2005
Transaction Record:

Gamecenter is telling me that Tampa/Washington is on local TV in my area and is therefore blacked out

I live in Saskatoon

The only game on TV is Habs/Leafs

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

They fight for their teammates without any thought about danger to themselves. One can carry a puck while flying.

burf posted:

Gamecenter is telling me that Tampa/Washington is on local TV in my area and is therefore blacked out

I live in Saskatoon

The only game on TV is Habs/Leafs

Me too but I'm in P.A.

Sleeper Pimp
Nov 2, 2006

Ess Jay SCHARKS DAWT COM

.Spec posted:

are you trying to bring up a blacked out game? i.e. BOS/NYR or Habs/Leafs?

I've been trying to watch the NJD/NYI game.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Hand Knit posted:

I am in the UK, and I can watch Ott-Win but am getting blacked out of the US games. Is this Premier Sports related stuff that other people are getting, or is there something specific to me that I need to fix?

Basically yes all Premier's fault.. Unblock us is working for me on the free trial. Sometimes stealthy.co works but you may need to keep reconnecting

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

Sleeper Pimp posted:

Yeah couldn't get it going either. Assuming it's on their end. I'm using Chrome if that makes a difference.

Look out Dussin!
Jan 19, 2005

.436- Winning Percentage/BAC

To anybody with an iPhone: sorry. They done goofed that too.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Every time I close my eyes, I see the image of death.

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

So has anyone gotten in-touch with NHL/Gamecenter to see when this poo poo is gonna be sorted out?

A few people on reddit got through o customer service, and they say Feb. 1, for PS3 at least. No dice for me on Xbox, PS3, iPad, Android. Worked in my browser at least, so I can HDMI it to the TV.

Really poor showing today though.

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.

The Roku app is working fine...

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

"I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I'll have to see the video or something. Someone show me the video."

Yeah, Picture in Picture isn't working for me either. I tried in 3 different browsers, so I'm assuming it's Gamecenter having issues. This feature was awesome last year.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Personal Foul: Haunting the Passer.
Number 90 on the Defense.

360 & iPhone apps aren't working, I've got it streaming through my laptop to my TV but the video quality is total poo poo; everything is choppy no matter what quality streaming settings I choose. Right now 800Kbps is giving me my best quality/choppiness ratio. I've got no problems streaming other stuff so pretty sure it's a feed problem. I'm getting a headache trying to follow the puck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

I'd be naked

Center Ice is such a piece of poo poo for us (Comcast)

They have a bunch of games but only two are in HD, the rest are in standard def. I can't believe anyone would pay for this

«25 »