Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«25 »
Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Every time I close my eyes, I see the image of death.

mr. unhsib posted:

The Roku app is working fine...

Just tried that, didn't work for me either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

iPhone app is working for me.

Load the game from the schedule page and hit the blue "watch". If you do the "video list" thing it won't work. Neither will audio. Looks great to me.

burf
Feb 1, 2005
Transaction Record:

Was watching the Panthers game. Switch to the Detroit game for a minute, and then gamecenter crashes and now won't work

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

"I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I'll have to see the video or something. Someone show me the video."

burf posted:

Was watching the Panthers game. Switch to the Detroit game for a minute, and then gamecenter crashes and now won't work

Yup, happened for me too. loving crap.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Every time I close my eyes, I see the image of death.

trilljester posted:

Yup, happened for me too. loving crap.

Logged me out of my browser after the Devils second period and won't let me back in. I think they're totally fubar'd... I figured the traffic might die off after two periods of not working for most people, but I guess not.

BarryMantlesnorks
Nov 14, 2005

Called the support line and was told that their poo poo wasn't working. Thanks Gamecenter, gently caress you.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Roku app is currently working if you were already streaming a game, but broken if you back out to switch games or you weren't already watching. Luckily, Center Ice is still on free preview so you can switch to that if you have cable. That's what I'm doing right now.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

I'd have my cock out if I scored four goals.

I'd have my cock out, stroking it.

It turns out despite what the NHL's website says our blu ray player does not support Gamecenter Live, just Gamecenter Vault

Rutkowski
Apr 27, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

Yeah switched from the Coyote game to the Panther game and haven't been able to get gamecenter to work since.

burf
Feb 1, 2005
Transaction Record:

On the bright side, while the website isn't working, the xbox app seems to be

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Gamecenter is back

BarryMantlesnorks
Nov 14, 2005

Yet I'm still blacked out of everything and their service line is no longer working for me.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Just started watching the Wild game on my 360... so far so good... quality seems to be jumping around though and my connection should be fine.

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

Just linked my Boxee Box and it's working fine.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004
insert inspirational text here

Everything seems to be working fine now. My proxy vpn I used last season is also working for my Canucks game.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Is there any way to disable picture in picture/second stream on the 360 app? Seems like I'm getting serious changes in stream quality and I can't tell if it's gamecenters servers cracking under the pressure or my bandwidth being sucked up by 2 streams.

etcetera08
Sep 11, 2008

tofes posted:

Center Ice is such a piece of poo poo for us (Comcast)

They have a bunch of games but only two are in HD, the rest are in standard def. I can't believe anyone would pay for this

This is how Time Warner is too. It's dumb as hell.

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

Is the quality of the stream usually this lovely? Definitely been getting 400 kbps for like 1/3 of this game, very choppy too.

Hopefully this is just a first day of the season thing?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Zone of Danger posted:

Is the quality of the stream usually this lovely? Definitely been getting 400 kbps for like 1/3 of this game, very choppy too.

I think it's definitely first day jitters.

etcetera08
Sep 11, 2008

Zone of Danger posted:

I never had problems like this last year.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Is registration weird on anyones system? I'm using my boxee box, same with ps3 but I guess that wasnt up at the time, when I try to reg it just errors out.

titanium fucked around with this message at Jan 20, 2013 around 08:11

vwman18
Jul 30, 2005

bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong

Were regional blackouts not in effect for yesterday's games? The only game blacked out for me was the Rangers/Bruins. I live in south Florida, yet somehow I was able to watch the Panthers game on both my phone (wifi) and on my HTPC. Didn't try the Xbox.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

They were, but they don't seem to have worked out all the kinks.

I installed the GCL app on my Android phone so I'd be able to follow scores for games I wasn't watching -- I don't really plan to use it for video, probably -- and it seems comically dysfunctional. First, it opened to yesterday as if unaware that it's now Sunday, and tried to claim that the Anaheim game was still going and had 13 seconds left in the second period. Tapping on it got me a match report for a different game. Then I tapped on the Colorado-Minnesota game to see if there was a writeup of the match, and got the writeup for a different match again, no matter how many times I tried. I then changed the calendar to tomorrow to see if I could get a match preview for the Flyers game today, and got yet another completed game writeup for a different game.

I did manage to set the Avalanche as my favorite team. I look forward to the app giving me alerts for the Panthers instead.

marsisol
Mar 29, 2010

So what's the consensus on GCL? I live in PA and want to watch the Sharks, so I'm not worried about blackouts. I'll also be watching on my PC. It seems like you guys were having a lot of issues so I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger and I wish you could preview before you buy.

Zat
Jan 15, 2008
Hehheee

marsisol posted:

So what's the consensus on GCL? I live in PA and want to watch the Sharks, so I'm not worried about blackouts. I'll also be watching on my PC. It seems like you guys were having a lot of issues so I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger and I wish you could preview before you buy.

I would say those were just opening-day issues. Normally GCL owns.

You have a five-day canceling window after ordering GCL, so you could just try it out, and if there's something you don't like about it, just cancel it.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

So i just signed up for GCL, and now I'm on the GCL portal and it's saying "UPGRADE NOW". I ALREADY PAID YOU FUCKS. (and yes, I'm logged in)

Zat
Jan 15, 2008
Hehheee

JetsGuy posted:

So i just signed up for GCL, and now I'm on the GCL portal and it's saying "UPGRADE NOW". I ALREADY PAID YOU FUCKS. (and yes, I'm logged in)

Restart browser; if that's not enough, try clearing cookies.

It does that pretty regularly for people who just registered.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Zat posted:

Restart browser; if that's not enough, try clearing cookies.

It does that pretty regularly for people who just registered.

Alright, thanks!

Kreez
Oct 18, 2003

It wouldn't let me register without logging in to my existing NHL.com account. Then it wouldn't let me watch until I logged out of the account. Worked great last night after that, the quality is fantastic.

Hiekkakauppias
Mar 26, 2008

OJ's humble beginnings in acting helped prepare him for the media spotlight in Calgary

Dennis Wideman has a cap hit of 5.25 million for the next 5 years. Just saying so we won't forget.

E. poo poo, wrong thread.

Godinster
Jan 2, 2005

No more tripping, Emery

FYI Unblock-US seems to have gotten their poo poo in order. I'm sure there are other free options but I paid for it anyway to use on Netflix US from Canada but it works for any blacked out games anywhere in the world apparently. Finally got GCL working on my Note II, S3, Galaxy Tab and 360 after having a hell of a time yesterday.

Rutkowski
Apr 27, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

Godinster posted:

FYI Unblock-US seems to have gotten their poo poo in order. I'm sure there are other free options but I paid for it anyway to use on Netflix US from Canada but it works for any blacked out games anywhere in the world apparently. Finally got GCL working on my Note II, S3, Galaxy Tab and 360 after having a hell of a time yesterday.

Unblock.us gives me nothing but a white screen. Seriously, the webpage is empty.

Also, Gamecenter decide to block the only game on right now because apparently it's broadcast over national TV. Hey dumbfucks; I don't live in the US or Canada. The game is NOT broadcast here.

Godinster
Jan 2, 2005

No more tripping, Emery

Rutkowski posted:

Unblock.us gives me nothing but a white screen. Seriously, the webpage is empty.

http://www.unblock-us.com/

There's a week trial too

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Thank you for calling the Scoring Help Hotline. Please listen closely as our menu has changed.

For English or French, press 87. For Russian, press 71. To Grind These Bitches Down, press 0 at any time.

Does anyone use GCL with an iPad on an LTE network?

How much data do you use a month?

Rene Bork
Mar 20, 2007

Get to Know Your Canadiens

Today's Question: Spell your name backwards.

"K....R.....O...B "

Is anybody else using gamecenter for android? I'm having a problem with streams not loading on my nexus 7 and my galaxy nexus on both WiFi and my mobile network.

E: It's working now. Might just be a bandwidth issue.

Rene Bork fucked around with this message at Jan 20, 2013 around 18:22

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Chad Sexington posted:

A few people on reddit got through o customer service, and they say Feb. 1, for PS3 at least. No dice for me on Xbox, PS3, iPad, Android. Worked in my browser at least, so I can HDMI it to the TV.

Really poor showing today though.

loving CHRIST. Feb. 1??!?! What the gently caress is this poo poo?

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

I bought this yesterday, the Android app shows up as empty, and everything is being streamed on NBC anyways. Bad purchase? If its all going to stream on NBC whats the point of getting this?

etcetera08
Sep 11, 2008

Flaggy posted:

I bought this yesterday, the Android app shows up as empty, and everything is being streamed on NBC anyways. Bad purchase? If its all going to stream on NBC whats the point of getting this?

??? There are only a few games per week on national networks.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

etcetera08 posted:

??? There are only a few games per week on national networks.

Nothing is showing up for me on the app or online. I was overgeneralizing about the whole season being no NBC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spamtron7000
Oct 15, 2003

I broke up with a girl because her older sister was too hot and I ended up preferring masturbating while thinking about the older sister vs. actually sleeping with the younger.

JetsGuy posted:

loving CHRIST. Feb. 1??!?! What the gently caress is this poo poo?

FWIW the guy I spoke to on the phone said "beginning of February, hopefully sooner."

«25 »