Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«25 »
JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Spamtron7000 posted:

FWIW the guy I spoke to on the phone said "beginning of February, hopefully sooner."

I bought this poo poo expressly because my PS3 is connected to my TV. My computers are in the other room, and my lappy is work, so I can't put it on that.

So my option is now to either watch on the computer in the hone office or on my iphone.

What the poo poo were these clownshoes doing during the lockout?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

I just called 'em and asked for specifics. They claimed it is done and finished, it's just Sony's being slow in putting it up on the store. I buy that because Apple does the same poo poo, and I'm willing to bet NHL waited until the last possible loving moment to give it to them.

Feb. 1 at the latest.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

I just watched half of the Sabres game on Gamecenter on my iPhone. Was that game supposed to be blacked out, and I was only able to watch it by mistake? Or was I allowed to watch it due to the NHL's partnership with Verizon?

PK FUCKING SUBBAN
Nov 15, 2007

"He's the type of guy who doesn’t respect anybody." - V. Lecavalier

"He's a guy that's come in the league and hasn't earned respect." - M. Richards

"Everybody dislikes him in the league." - D. Cherry

JetsGuy posted:

I just called 'em and asked for specifics. They claimed it is done and finished, it's just Sony's being slow in putting it up on the store. I buy that because Apple does the same poo poo, and I'm willing to bet NHL waited until the last possible loving moment to give it to them.

Feb. 1 at the latest.

PSN updates on Tuesdays I think, so we'll be waiting at least that long. What a pisser.

Frobocop
May 25, 2004

God Bless America!

I bought GCL for the first time this year. Is the PS3 app better than the Apple TV app? Because I don't seem to be able to do much other than watch games. The iPad app looks a little better, so I suppose I could use airplay to stream to the tv for now, but that seems kind of unnecessary.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

OldSenileGuy posted:

I just watched half of the Sabres game on Gamecenter on my iPhone. Was that game supposed to be blacked out, and I was only able to watch it by mistake? Or was I allowed to watch it due to the NHL's partnership with Verizon?

Might be the Verizon partnership. They steam nbc games to Verizon phones.

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005

Maybe I'm missing something, but every time I try to use the Mosaic or PIP view on my computer, when I click on the second game I want to watch, I just get the game preview page. It does it on both Chrome and IE, so I don't know what the gently caress.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

Baldrash posted:

Maybe I'm missing something, but every time I try to use the Mosaic or PIP view on my computer, when I click on the second game I want to watch, I just get the game preview page. It does it on both Chrome and IE, so I don't know what the gently caress.

Just came in to post the exact same thing. When I click on mosaic, I click the box I want to put the next game in, and then it says "Click on the game from the score bar". I do this, and then it closes out and goes to the game preview page.

CaptainYesterday
Sep 14, 2011

The cock of the walk

If I live in an area that doesn't get NHL Network, do the games they carry still get blacked out? I don't want to switch to satellite.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Are you scared?

He's here.

CaptainYesterday posted:

If I live in an area that doesn't get NHL Network, do the games they carry still get blacked out? I don't want to switch to satellite.

Yes. The national blackout rule doesn't care if you get NHLN or not.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Battle not with monsters
lest ye become a monster
and if you gaze into the abyss,
the abyss gazes also into you.

Does anyone else have issues with PIP in game center or is it just me? I just can't get it working. I click the pip and then the other game and it just switches to the other game.

CaptainYesterday
Sep 14, 2011

The cock of the walk

Aphrodite posted:

Yes. The national blackout rule doesn't care if you get NHLN or not.

Time Warner

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Veskit posted:

Does anyone else have issues with PIP in game center or is it just me? I just can't get it working. I click the pip and then the other game and it just switches to the other game.

Others have commented it's not working for them.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Stupid blackouts. Watching hockey in bed is awesome, it's a shame I can't do that for all the games. Guess I will just have to make the most of the ones I can.

Going to sleep at a reasonable time really is gone for a while now.

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

So do you have to link your GCL account every time you want to use the Boxee app or what?

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

The framerate on the iPhone and iPad apps are loving incredible, it's like watching straight from my TV. Unfortunately the internet app is just kinda cruddy, even with a 25mbps line it gets choppy after several minutes.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

MaoistBanker posted:

The framerate on the iPhone and iPad apps are loving incredible, it's like watching straight from my TV. Unfortunately the internet app is just kinda cruddy, even with a 25mbps line it gets choppy after several minutes.

The framerate on my nexus 7 is smooth as silk also. Better than the 360 app.

Tora Tora Torrents
Sep 22, 2003

Does the unblock-us proxy work on a wifi iPad too? Or does it use location services even on an iOS device without GPS?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

With the first pick of the 2010 July 1st Draft, the Toronto Maple Leafs are very proud to select: Colby Armstrong

Not having a great time with the 360 app so far, whole lotta buffering compared to the iPad app. Usually things smooth out a little bit once free preview season ends for the browser version, maybe that'll work out again this year. Don't like that I can't manually set the bitrate to keep things more consistent.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Roku channel's been working great tonight, very pleased now that they've ironed out the kinks.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Thank you for calling the Scoring Help Hotline. Please listen closely as our menu has changed.

For English or French, press 87. For Russian, press 71. To Grind These Bitches Down, press 0 at any time.

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

The framerate on my nexus 7 is smooth as silk also. Better than the 360 app.

I wish they made a Nexus 10 with 4G LTE...

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Koopa Kid posted:

Not having a great time with the 360 app so far, whole lotta buffering compared to the iPad app. Usually things smooth out a little bit once free preview season ends for the browser version, maybe that'll work out again this year. Don't like that I can't manually set the bitrate to keep things more consistent.

360 app seems fine to me.

Tora Tora Torrents
Sep 22, 2003

Trip report: unblock-us seems to work on a wifi iPad.

burf
Feb 1, 2005
Transaction Record:

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

360 app seems fine to me.

I get buffering problems (~20-30 seconds after every 2-5 minutes of watching) when I stream on my 360, but I've never had any problems streaming on my computer.

I blame my lovely internet and the 360 app automatically defaulting to "best quality" instead of "most watchable quality"

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

burf posted:

I get buffering problems (~20-30 seconds after every 2-5 minutes of watching) when I stream on my 360, but I've never had any problems streaming on my computer.

I blame my lovely internet and the 360 app automatically defaulting to "best quality" instead of "most watchable quality"

What yours describing sounds exactly like what was happening to me last night. Everything has been going smooth for tonights games though.

Can you even manually change the quality on the 360 app?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

So I watched last night's Devils-Isles game and the quality was absolutely great. I was watching on my computer, but it was surprisingly crisp for an online app. It *looks* like it's HD (MSG+ feed), but I'll follow up when I can put it on the TV.

I hope the PS3 app, or more importantly, live games, are as good.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

JetsGuy posted:

So I watched last night's Devils-Isles game and the quality was absolutely great. I was watching on my computer, but it was surprisingly crisp for an online app. It *looks* like it's HD (MSG+ feed), but I'll follow up when I can put it on the TV.

I hope the PS3 app, or more importantly, live games, are as good.

The picture quality looks great on the 360 app. The ps3 app has been out for the last 2 years so im sure that'll be even better/more fully featured.

The only thing you'll notice is games don't look as "smooth" as on television. It bothers some people, while others don't care. I dont personally care, its fine to me.

vwman18
Jul 30, 2005

bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong

I had the same buffering issues on my 360 app today. No problems at all on my pc, and the only problem with the Android app is that it loses my login info every time I switch away from it.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

vwman18 posted:

I had the same buffering issues on my 360 app today. No problems at all on my pc, and the only problem with the Android app is that it loses my login info every time I switch away from it.

This annoys me about the android app also.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Your Time Warner doesn't have NHLN? Mine is in the Sports Tier.

Zat
Jan 15, 2008
Hehheee

JetsGuy posted:

It *looks* like it's HD (MSG+ feed), but I'll follow up when I can put it on the TV.

Sure, it is 720P HD, but the framerate is only 30 FPS while on TV it's 60 (and it's achieved simply by dropping every other frame, not by blending 2 consecutive ones, which makes it slightly choppier than it could be). Hockey is pretty much the one sport where that can bother a person due to the constant camera panning, but seriously, in my opinion it's pretty great.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

If it weren't for the genius and insight of Bruce Garrioch, Sun Media's gift to the world, I wouldn't know a single thing about hockey

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

This annoys me about the android app also.

At least yours accepts your login info.

CaptainYesterday
Sep 14, 2011

The cock of the walk

sportsgenius86 posted:

Your Time Warner doesn't have NHLN? Mine is in the Sports Tier.

I live in Austin, Texas.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

"I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I'll have to see the video or something. Someone show me the video."

Hiekkakauppias posted:

Dennis Wideman has a cap hit of 5.25 million for the next 5 years. Just saying so we won't forget.

E. poo poo, wrong thread.

He could probably afford Gamecenter.

Edit: No word on the PS3 app yet?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

trilljester posted:

He could probably afford Gamecenter.

Edit: No word on the PS3 app yet?

Someone in here posted earlier saying that NHL/Gamecenter placed the blame on Sony and their certification/store upload process.

Kinda makes sense, since I think Sony only uploads games/apps/DLC to their store one day a week (used to be Thursdays, not sure if they changed that). It's been a point of contention for PS3 owners since the console came out.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

"I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I'll have to see the video or something. Someone show me the video."

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Someone in here posted earlier saying that NHL/Gamecenter placed the blame on Sony and their certification/store upload process.

Kinda makes sense, since I think Sony only uploads games/apps/DLC to their store one day a week (used to be Thursdays, not sure if they changed that). It's been a point of contention for PS3 owners since the console came out.

That really sucks, but does not surprise me one bit with regards to Sony. I can stick to watching GCL on my HTPC, but I'd like to go back to the PS3 app, it worked really great for me last season.

Y2J
Aug 18, 2000

The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah

For people on the go, the $4.99 iphone Gamecenter upgrade to all radio broadcasts (no blackouts) is an awesome deal. Sure you don't get video, but its $45 cheaper

Edit: Do Gamecenter live games work on a Google TV?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Y2J posted:

For people on the go, the $4.99 iphone Gamecenter upgrade to all radio broadcasts (no blackouts) is an awesome deal. Sure you don't get video, but its $45 cheaper

No blackouts on the radio broadcasts huh? Thanks for the info, I think my friend would be interested in that since he listens to Devils games on his phone when he works late shifts

thefuNkpuNk
Sep 4, 2003

Y2J posted:

It doesn't have an app, but the Gamecenter Live website works on my Sony NSZGS7. It was sort of cool being able to watch a GCL game with NHL network in the PIP.

Has anyone know where to get the Gamecenter Premium .apk for android phone or tablet (for those of us not on verizon)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

I'm watching the blues/predators game right now on my Xbox and it's working ok so far

«25 »