Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Manatee Cannon posted:

That's just Nowi, all of her romantic supports are trash. I don't think it's possible not to be.

I maintain her support with Donnel is adorable and by far her best support.

Plus then Donnel brings home a motherfucking dragon to meat his mom! :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Silver Falcon posted:

This typo has terrifying yet possibly accurate implications.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

I maintain her support with Donnel is adorable and by far her best support.

Not only that, but also his grown-up dragon daughter, when he's been gone what, 3 years?

Would like to see the village's reaction to that. :holymoley:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Terper posted:

Not only that, but also his grown-up dragon daughter, when he's been gone what, 3 years?

Would like to see the village's reaction to that. :holymoley:

And if you have a male PC and feel like trolling, you can then introduce them to his grown-up dragon granddaughter.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Cythereal posted:

And if you have a male PC and feel like trolling, you can then introduce them to his grown-up dragon granddaughter.
Which is also one of Nah's least weird S-supports as long as you make a kid-avatar.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

Which is also one of Nah's least weird S-supports as long as you make a kid-avatar.

Which would make Morgan the oldest person in her family.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I remember Nah being as old as all the other kids, and Morgan being the youngest next to Cynthia because they're both younger (possible) siblings to Lucina.

edit: Lucina's the oldest except for Laurent who time traveled first for 3 years alone so he's technically the oldest currently. Then everyone else, then Morgan for being the younger sibling to whoever Robin marries.

Tae fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 20, 2014

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tae posted:

I remember Nah being as old as all the other kids, and Morgan being the youngest next to Cynthia because they're both younger (possible) siblings to Lucina.

Well, it's complicated.

Lucina's sibling is always younger. But that can be Cynthia, Kjelle, Morgan, Brady, or Inigo, so it's not a guarantee as to Cynthia's placing. Meanwhile, due to time travel, Laurent's always the oldest. Beyond that, it's unclear. Morgan's always younger than her sibling, if she has one, but she's also the same age as Nah, according to Harvest Scramble. Well, as far as Nah knows.

But Morgan looks the same age as the other kids, which with how dragons age would put her a fair chunk older than, well, pretty much anyone except Tiki, assuming constant rules. Especially since her one memory of her mother has her be visibly older.

With most potential parents, that doesn't mean much. But for Nah, Nowi, or Tiki to look older, we're talking decades down the line, minimum. And if she's not someone's sibling, the other kids don't show much sign of knowing her. (Makes sense if she's third generation there)

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's an unintended side effect of Morgan related laziness/lack of time/higher priorities/whatever, but the way it all comes together makes things weird.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
e: misunderstood your post, never mind.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

chiasaur11 posted:

But Morgan looks the same age as the other kids, which with how dragons age would put her a fair chunk older than, well, pretty much anyone except Tiki, assuming constant rules. Especially since her one memory of her mother has her be visibly older.

With most potential parents, that doesn't mean much. But for Nah, Nowi, or Tiki to look older, we're talking decades down the line, minimum.

I don't know about Nah or Tiki, but Morgan's support with Nowi doesn't mention her looking older in Morgan's memories.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Roger Explosion posted:

Nah-Morgan is my preferred S for her if I have a male Morgan. Inigo if not, just for comedy value.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

chiasaur11 posted:

Well, it's complicated.

Lucina's sibling is always younger. But that can be Cynthia, Kjelle, Morgan, Brady, or Inigo, so it's not a guarantee as to Cynthia's placing. Meanwhile, due to time travel, Laurent's always the oldest. Beyond that, it's unclear. Morgan's always younger than her sibling, if she has one, but she's also the same age as Nah, according to Harvest Scramble. Well, as far as Nah knows.

With most potential parents, that doesn't mean much. But for Nah, Nowi, or Tiki to look older, we're talking decades down the line, minimum. And if she's not someone's sibling, the other kids don't show much sign of knowing her. (Makes sense if she's third generation there)

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's an unintended side effect of Morgan related laziness/lack of time/higher priorities/whatever, but the way it all comes together makes things weird.

I'm pretty sure Morgan's always supposed to be the youngest kid, or at least the one born last since time travel has thrown out the idea of attaching birth order to current age. That does leave her aging inconsistent for a half-manakete, but it's not like the game is at all consistent with how dragons are supposed to age given that Nah looks about as old in what has to be her teens as Tiki did at 500.

It's just one of the many things the game doesn't really think out fully enough to account for the implications.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

1st Stage Midboss posted:

I don't know about Nah or Tiki, but Morgan's support with Nowi doesn't mention her looking older in Morgan's memories.

Just checked. Tiki's and Nah's support includes the older bit. Nowi's doesn't.

Interesting.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Regarding Nah and Morgan's looks, they're half and quarter-manaketes respectively, so aging quicker than pure-blooded manaketes, and a quarter-manakete aging older than a half-manakete makes sense.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'm pretty sure the first bullet point on manakete design docs is "make a cute anime girl", with "adhere to alien aging algorithms" being somewhere between the bottom and the trash

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Agreed, but IIRC, Tiki and Nah's support mentions that Nah'll age quicker than Tiki.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dunno where you're getting quarter manakete from.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Dunno where you're getting quarter manakete from.

Nah is half-manakete. If she marries the Avatar, Morgan is quarter manakete.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Half-human, quarter-manakete, quarter-evil dragon god.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Yes, but considering that making Nah Morgan's mom replaces their awesome friendship Support with the boring, generic "Morgan's (Other Parent)" Support, you should never do that, which makes the whole point moot.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Cythereal posted:

Nah-Morgan is my preferred S for her if I have a male Morgan. Inigo if not, just for comedy value.

If inigo isn't with severa there is something wrong with your game.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Yorkshire Tea posted:

If inigo isn't with severa there is something wrong with your game.

he's not because Severa's with Owain as it should be

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the fact that there's only one Owain to pair is a large oversight in the game, imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Looper posted:

I'm pretty sure the first bullet point on manakete design docs is "make a cute anime girl", with "adhere to alien aging algorithms" being somewhere between the bottom and the trash

I've posted this before, but the ages we know (young Tiki and Nowi at 1000, old Tiki at 3000, Fa at less than 1000) all line up with manaketes aging exactly 100 times slower than humans (possibly/probably by coincidence). Half-manaketes do whatever the gently caress they want though.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Cake Attack posted:

the fact that there's only one Owain to pair is a large oversight in the game, imo

That's just your sword hand talking.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

he's not because Severa's with Owain as it should be

Really, it doesn't matter much who Severa's married to.

She's hooking up with Kjelle at all hours anyway.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
A bit off-topic I guess but I started playing through FE12 and I realized all the things that FE:A lets you take for granted and it makes me wonder if IS can go back to older FE formulae for future games.

Mostly the whole you only have like a finite number of level up stat gain rolls for any character thing that FE:A essentially does away with thanks to level resets.

On the other hand, Lunatic mode not having Counter on random enemies is a lot more satisfying to play through.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Cake Attack posted:

I usually pair Owain with Cynthia. Quarantine that insanity in one family unit.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Cythereal posted:

I usually pair Owain with Cynthia. Quarantine that insanity in one family unit.

You mean one Justice Cabal.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

You mean one Justice Cabal.

Eh, whatever works. They seem happy together.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I'm sad to find out I only have 6 chapters left before I finish the story :( I still don't have my characters set up the way I like and I'm still getting new ones when I get S ranks. It feels like this game is gonna end just when it feels like it's getting started. I could maybe do a new run with a female avatar and use completely different characters.

Right now my avatar is a dude and he and Chrom are the only guys in my squad unintentionally. Every kid I recruited has been female through no choice of my own. Everyone keeps having girls!

My usual squad is Chrom, Charlie(avatar), Lissa, Morgan, Lucina, Kjelle, Severa, Tharja, Sumia, Sully, and the rest are filled out as needed.

Also disappointed that the kid conversations with their fathers are generic with maybe some words changed. Same with Lucina's conversations with her mom. And why don't Lissa and Lucina have pair up ranks? This whole thing seems inconsistent.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Overbite posted:

I'm sad to find out I only have 6 chapters left before I finish the story :( I still don't have my characters set up the way I like and I'm still getting new ones when I get S ranks. It feels like this game is gonna end just when it feels like it's getting started. I could maybe do a new run with a female avatar and use completely different characters.

Right now my avatar is a dude and he and Chrom are the only guys in my squad unintentionally. Every kid I recruited has been female through no choice of my own. Everyone keeps having girls!

My usual squad is Chrom, Charlie(avatar), Lissa, Morgan, Lucina, Kjelle, Severa, Tharja, Sumia, Sully, and the rest are filled out as needed.

Also disappointed that the kid conversations with their fathers are generic with maybe some words changed. Same with Lucina's conversations with her mom. And why don't Lissa and Lucina have pair up ranks? This whole thing seems inconsistent.

Generic supports sorta suck, yeah. The Future Past DLC at least features unique conversations between fathers and their kids. ...This may or may not be the entire reason I bought said DLC.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

They don't have a support/the parent and sibling supports are generic because there's a shitload of characters. That's a lot of work to write a unique support for every possible combination of parent/child or siblings. It's also why the spotpass characters are limited to one support with the avatar and the generic Morgan one in spite of the fact most of them have people it would really make sense for them to want to talk to.

I mean yeah it's a shame but it's understandable.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Well I guess you'll just have to buy the dlc!!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

They don't have a support/the parent and sibling supports are generic because there's a shitload of characters. That's a lot of work to write a unique support for every possible combination of parent/child or siblings. It's also why the spotpass characters are limited to one support with the avatar and the generic Morgan one in spite of the fact most of them have people it would really make sense for them to want to talk to.

I mean yeah it's a shame but it's understandable.

And even then, there's variations. Henry and Gregor get most of them, but there's things like Walhart's utter disdain for his wuss of a son, Lucina's surprising optimism talking to her daughter, and a Nowi not looking older in Morgan's memory.

Not enough to be worth digging through the whole set, but just enough to surprise you when they hit.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I cant do it. Marrying a kid from the future? I dont know why, but it just seems wrong somehow!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

I cant do it. Marrying a kid from the future? I dont know why, but it just seems wrong somehow!

Well of course it is

Seriously though, marrying any of them is still orders of magnitude less creepy than marrying Nowi.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Well of course it is

Seriously though, marrying any of them is still orders of magnitude less creepy than marrying Nowi.

What about Nah?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What about Nah?

Still less creepy than marrying Nowi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If Nowi budded and reproduced asexually that would still be the least creepyweird option.

• Locked thread