Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cool thanks man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eletriarnation
Apr 6, 2005

People don't appreciate the substance of things...
objects in space.

Oven Wrangler
To be precise, whenever you use a Second Seal half of your current level rounded up (promoted units count as +20) is added to a hidden value that is added to your level for the purpose of calculating experience gained.

As an example, if you take Cordelia up to level 15 Dark Flier for Galeforce then reclass her to a Mercenary to get Armsthrift, she will as a level 1 Mercenary gain experience as if she were level 19; .5*(20+15+1) from Dark Flier and +1 for current level.

These hidden levels can accumulate up to 20 on Normal, 30 on Hard, or 50 on Lunatic which makes grinding levels on Lunatic past the first couple promoted classes incredibly slow.

Eletriarnation fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 3, 2015

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I'm borrowing a friend's 3ds and copy of the game to try and farm second seals off of streetpass, but nothing's showing up. Granted, I just set it up a moment ago, but is there a surefire way to get it to work?

Do you have Streetpass activated in both games? Once you shut the system(s) and they're in range of each other, they should communicate. It might take a few hours if the systems Streetpassed as soon as they got in range but before you got Fire Emblem set up.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Silver Falcon posted:

Do you have Streetpass activated in both games? Once you shut the system(s) and they're in range of each other, they should communicate. It might take a few hours if the systems Streetpassed as soon as they got in range but before you got Fire Emblem set up.

It started working a few hours after I got it set up :v:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

I've been grinding for hours, idle at Chapter 14, grinding away on my eugenics program. Grinding every pair of parents to a preferred skill (every boy that qualified has Galeforce, Pavise & Aegis on my expected tanky kids otherwise, Lifetaker / Astra / Lethality / Luna on everybody else), and only 5 paralogues left now until I have all the next gen'ers hatched. Then I expect I'll sweep the poo poo out of story mode, and at the end of that, sink my teeth into the "this poo poo won't be easy" DLC I got.

I still don't think once I'm sick of this game that I'm going to finish up anywhere close to the Disgaea 4 PSVita save file I have at about 300h. But I still feel like Fire Emblem gave me more than my money's worth.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I think Kjelle and Owain's relationship improvement dialog is my favorite so far.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Critical hit quotes:

"Pick a god and pray tier" : Frederick
Top Tier: Donnel, Gregor, Henry, Gangrel
Good Tier: Chrom, Sully, Lon'qu, Gaius, Tharja, Lucina, Basilio, Inigo, Cynthia, Severa, Noire, Robin
Mid Tier: Lissa, Vaike, Panne, Cordelia, Libra, Cherche, Anna, Flavia, Owain, Brady, Morgan (M/F), Nah, Walhart
Low Tier: Sumia, Kellam, Maribelle, Olivia, Say'ri, Tiki, Kjelle, Gerome, Laurent, Yen'fay, Priam
Bottom Tier: Virion, Stahl, Miriel, Ricken, Nowi, Emmeryn, Aversa
"Don't mess with a bunny" Tier: Yarne

Raserys fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 11, 2015

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

"Looks like Teach just got tenure!" is the best one though.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
While it is indeed a top tier quote, The Vaike's other quotes do not justify higher placement.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
So is Robin in Good or Mid (in your opinion)?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Noire has the best war cries in the game. Glad she gets Vengeance.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Stahl being mediocre even at quotes seems par.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I'm suddenly afraid I was missing out on something by mostly playing with the sound off.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Raserys posted:

While it is indeed a top tier quote, The Vaike's other quotes do not justify higher placement.

That's enough back-talk!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

FractalSandwich posted:

I'm suddenly afraid I was missing out on something by mostly playing with the sound off.

Game's got fuckin rad musics and the war cries that the guys yell on crits and poo poo own hard. You should probably kill urself in shame. It's what i'd do.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Game's got fuckin rad musics and the war cries that the guys yell on crits and poo poo own hard. You should probably kill urself in shame. It's what i'd do.
drat. I remember Lucina talking about challenging her fate and saying when it ends. Is that enough to save me from mandatory seppuku?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

ungulateman posted:

So is Robin in Good or Mid (in your opinion)?

Somewhere in between. Time to tip the scales is great, but the rest is mostly okay. Morgan is even more middling since both versions lack scale tipping

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
if her pair-up partner gets a kill, f.morgan sometimes says "you tipped the scales"

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Inflammatory posted:

if her pair-up partner gets a kill, f.morgan sometimes says "you tipped the scales"

One more point for that crazy little Fellspawn.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
So does Morgan♂, not the same as a critical imo

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Yarne's "No, YOU go extinct!" is wasted on him.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I've been hating "Don't mess with a bunny" since before it was cool. :colbert:

Maribelle's "I promise this will hurt" and Virion's "Die with magnificence" need to be higher on the list. Also, the fact that I can't remember Laurent's quotes even though my avatar is married to him in my current playthrough shows how low-tier they are.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

Maribelle's "I promise this will hurt" and Virion's "Die with magnificence" need to be higher on the list. Also, the fact that I can't remember Laurent's quotes even though my avatar is married to him in my current playthrough shows how low-tier they are.

Oh lol I was confused because I thought you meant your avatar here on SA

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Drunk Dick Tracy pilot/Laurent OTP

InsertGenericName
Dec 13, 2011

"Ya see, bobby? Smoooooooth" - Hank hill.
Is it wrong that the only children I ever used was Kjelle and Yarne? Even though I collected all the other childrens, of course.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
yes, yarne is the worst

InsertGenericName
Dec 13, 2011

Red Metal posted:

yes, yarne is the worst

What? How?! He's the best, especially if you get the army-slayer Donnel to be his dad

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

InsertGenericName posted:

What? How?! He's the best, especially if you get the army-slayer Donnel to be his dad

The people in this thread don't like the rabbit dude

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Yarne has good stats, but he's obnoxious so people don't like him

InsertGenericName
Dec 13, 2011

Linnaeus posted:

The people in this thread don't like the rabbit dude

Some poeple just don't understand the plight of a cute bunnyman..Or woman.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
panne is good, bunny morgan is good, bunnypeople are good in general

yarne is insanely annoying and i hate him for it

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
All the kids by nature will have good stats. Yarne is annoying because he repeats and hogs the same topic in almost all his support conversations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Red Metal posted:

panne is good, bunny morgan is good, bunnypeople are good in general

yarne is insanely annoying and i hate him for it

Bunnymorgan owns when he is Yarne-sired.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

I like his "Get thee hence!", he sells that one well.

I like Nah's "I am *so strong*!" Quote enough that it was the primary justification for giving her Aptitude, just so she would live up to it.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I have no idea what virion is saying in any of his crit quotes

"all hail, me" is the best line though

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Rogue 7 posted:

I like his "Get thee hence!", he sells that one well.

I like Nah's "I am *so strong*!" Quote enough that it was the primary justification for giving her Aptitude, just so she would live up to it.

Nah has top tier battle quotes

"Wow, you're terrible. :geno:"

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Nah owns, it's unfortunate that you have to marry someone to Nowi to get her.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

TWIST FIST posted:

I have no idea what virion is saying in any of his crit quotes

"all hail, me" is the best line though

I have the same problem with Gregor. I'm sure his quotes are great because he's great, but I only understand like one of them.

Also, I just realized how low Miriel's quotes are ranked. No love for "rebarbative fool" or "begone, foul miscreation"?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I have the same problem with Gregor. I'm sure his quotes are great because he's great, but I only understand like one of them.

Also, I just realized how low Miriel's quotes are ranked. No love for "rebarbative fool" or "begone, foul miscreation"?

"GREGOR SMASH!" is really all he needs.

Virion's issue is that no procs means you have to give him a Killer weapon to hear his crit quotes with any frequency.

In my latest playthrough Chrom's already capped speed and almost capped Strength after going through Great Lord and a few levels as Paladin, what have you been on Chrom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Severa is the gifted amongst my children, but that's pretty much because she's Donnell's kid, and I passed Aptitude from him. Which is disappointing really because she's a bit of a little bitch.

• Locked thread