Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~

Cake Attack posted:

fates is going to be so epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I can't wait to have my army of righteous, badass kawaii-anime motherfuckers go steam-rollin' up and down a continent.

And then do it again two more times.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I can't wait to marry DIO.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

I can't wait to marry DIO.

Dio voices Lon'qu in the not-dub of Awakening but you can't marry him even though he's hella gay. Fuckin Nintendo always gotta be so racist against the gays.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Dio voices Lon'qu in the not-dub of Awakening but you can't marry him even though he's hella gay. Fuckin Nintendo always gotta be so racist against the gays.

If only Lonqu was popular, then we'd be able to gay marry him in fates.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Jesus christ. I must have sunk something like 150 hours into my various awakening playthroughs. (Not that bad given 2 hours of commuting each day but still)

Fates is going to devour my life.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So there's 3 versions all with their own storylines? :cry:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

So there's 3 versions all with their own storylines? :cry:

Yeah. It owns.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Besides storyline differences, is there going to be any substantial gameplay changes between the 3 games? I never got any information on that.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Slur posted:

Besides storyline differences, is there going to be any substantial gameplay changes between the 3 games? I never got any information on that.

The main difference is that in Conquest, you cannot do any grinding between chapters (except through the DLC specifically designed for that purpose), whereas in Birthright and Revelation, Awakening-style skirmishes are an option.

Other than that, the mechanics are identical; the only difference is the content available. You can even use My Castle features to get your units to have weapons and skills that would normally be exclusive to the other campaign.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

Slur posted:

each base game has their own unit biases. birthright gets more myrmidons, ninjas, mages, archers, and pegasus knights, etc while conquest gets more fighters, knights, cavaliers, dark mages, and wyvern riders, among others, but in each game its possible to get units of all the classes through seals and such. the 3rd game naturally gets both.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Slur posted:

the core gameplay is the same but the maps and characters you recruit are completely different.

so, i mean, about as different as FE6-FE7.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Slur posted:

Birthright is more like a traditional Fire Emblem whereas Conquest plays more like Xcom.

Revelation is a First Person Shooter.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Birthright is more like a traditional Fire Emblem whereas Conquest plays more like Xcom.

Revelation is a First Person Shooter.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Lord Ephraim posted:

You can use the My Castle battle feature to support grind in Conquest, in the case you want to unlock every single paralogue.

Paralogues works different in that it scales in level in regard towards your progress in the game. A good way of playing Conquest is to unlock as many paralogues as possible, then alternate between story and side mission to maximize exp gain.

Having finish the Japanese version for all three games on Lunatic, my impressions on the difficulties compared to Awakening:

Birthright is a difficulty between Hard and Lunatic Awakening. From what I can tell, the difference between Hard and Lunatic in Birthright, is 20% more enemies (either pre-deployed or reinforcements) and slightly more HP on enemies. Only the last chapter gives enemy soldiers noteworthy skills.

Conquest is a whole other beast. It's not just the fact there's no grinding, less total gold and difficult mission objectives. Enemies right from the start can pack some nasty skill combinations, there's more slayer type weapons, and dangerous enemy types. Late-game Elite Ninjas will tear your army apart. There's even some Lunatic+ bullshit like infinite 10 range spamming status staves, ones that include a permanent debuff to your max HP and a skill that can keep stacking debuffs until they reach 1 point. I'd say Conquest Hard is much harder than Birthright/Revelations Lunatic.

I actually found Revelations easier than Birthright. The map gimmicks aren't that hard to deal with, and you get more chokepoints to form a stronger defensive formation. You have access to both Nohr and Hoshido armories and army. You do get less gold than Conquest, but there's more treasure to be found and more S rank weapons. You do have less deployment slots, but Fire Emblem has always been quality of units over quanity.

Core gameplay can still change in the final localized product, but with the inclusion of baby mode, there's no real reason Nintendo should make the game harder or easier for western audiences.

Ah yes, as a general rule:

Birthright: More enemies the higher the difficulty.
Conquest: More overpowered skill combinations on the enemy the higher the difficulty.
Revelation: Straight up higher stats the higher the difficulty.

Final bosses are also different.

Tae posted:

Boy if that makes you scared, wait until you find out enemies can reverse-Rescue your units to their territory.

That is great! A couple maps on the stream I saw used that to great effect and holy hell was it awesome to behold. :allears:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Tae posted:

Boy if that makes you scared, wait until you find out enemies can reverse-Rescue your units to their territory.

i cannot loving wait for this game wtf holy poo poo

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

alcharagia posted:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

alcharagia posted:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
A few months ago I bought Fire Emblem Awakening. I never played a Fire Emblem game before, but I do like SRPGs.

I played about three hours, though I haven't done much really. I've gotten to (but not beat) Chapter 4. I've spent a bit of time here or there using these Reeking Boxes to fight fodder battles. But I keep having trouble getting myself to actually sit down and play it. Not because I don't like the game, but because I feel like I don't fully understand everything that the game has to offer and am paralyzed with fear of making mistakes.

I am the type of person who plans out how they will play the game and the choices that will be made before I actually sit down and play the game.

Now from what I understand, you eventually pair off and marry party members and you can choose classes for your members and what not. Well, this is where I get hung up. Since I don't actually know or understand how that whole system works or what my options will be and what pairings are good and what classes are good, I have a hard time enjoying playing the game for constant fear that I will screw things up compared to what I want.

I realize that this is a dumb way of thinking, but this is how I am able to have fun with games like this. Some people enjoy just playing through and letting things unfold however they may, but I personally have fun by making a detailed plan an executing on that plan.

So what I am asking is: Is there a list or anything online where I can find recommended relationship pairings and recommended classes for each character?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
How to pick pairings:

1) Read the characters' supports
2) If they are cute together, have them get married.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

serenes forest has details on class sets/character growths/inheritance/whatever else you might want to know

what people would recommend kinda depends on what you want, but if you're gunning for the most tryhard possible then a good first step is getting the skill galeforce on as many characters as you can

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
more importantly, Have Fun

i'm going to go ahead and assume you're on normal - the game is piss easy and you don't need to screw around with anything even remotely resembling optimisation. Have Fun

even if you're on hard you still don't need to plot out eugenics for your army of children. Have Fun

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he literally says he wants to plan everything out in advance because he finds it fun, you don't need to give him the difficulty spiel

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

E: so he does. Well.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

ungulateman posted:

more importantly, Have Fun

i'm going to go ahead and assume you're on normal - the game is piss easy and you don't need to screw around with anything even remotely resembling optimisation. Have Fun

even if you're on hard you still don't need to plot out eugenics for your army of children. Have Fun

I guess that's reassuring. I'm just playing on normal/classic difficulty but I am a huge baby that will shut down the game if I have a character fall in battle as I refuse to lose anyone.

At what point does marriage/class selection even happen?

Manatee Cannon posted:

serenes forest has details on class sets/character growths/inheritance/whatever else you might want to know

what people would recommend kinda depends on what you want, but if you're gunning for the most tryhard possible then a good first step is getting the skill galeforce on as many characters as you can

Ah, I'll look into it. My main fear was that I was going to start doing things that would force a character down a certain path. I think back to Final Fantasy Tactics and how you'd have to start planning how you want to level each character's class as they need to level certain classes to unlock others.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I think I'm also slightly overwhelmed by the fact that there are just so many loving characters. I was expecting that it would be like 4-5 main characters and then a bunch of cannon fodder generic characters like Final Fantasy Tactics. So that then leaves me panicking thinking about how I probably should level up all of the characters and oh poo poo this is so overwhelming.

And I totally realize that majority of the like 50 characters in the game are dumb and forgettable, but the fact that they're not presented like faceless red shirts strikes fear into my heart.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There's infinite exp, gold, and other resources. The marriage has no time limit for anyone but Chrom, who chooses a wife even if he hasn't reached S rank with one of the candidates, at the end of the first arc.

Once two units have gotten married and you've completed a few more chapters after Chrom gets hitched, sidequests will pop up. The difficulty of these is based on the wife of the marriage; Lissa, who joins early, has an easier sidequest. Women who join the army later will have tougher sidequests. You can do these whenever once you have access to them. Heck, you can beat the game first.

You can not ever screw up a pairing or lose out on something important unless one of your unit dies, in which case, L+R+Start.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mordiceius posted:

I guess that's reassuring. I'm just playing on normal/classic difficulty but I am a huge baby that will shut down the game if I have a character fall in battle as I refuse to lose anyone.

This is the normal and correct way to play classic mode. You are not a baby. This is not Xcom.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I've spent a little bit of time doing some reading to better understand everything going on.

I came across this possible pairing chart on reddit, but this just seems insanely overdone:

I'm assuming that chart was made for someone playing on those insano crazy person difficulties.

Two different pairing guides I read said this:

First strategy posted:

No unique skills means that they don't have access to any skills that their kids won't, but you'll still probably want to pass on your best skill to them (bottom skill in the skill equip menu when you start the kid's recruitment mission will get passed on).
Chrom (Will always pass Aether) x Sumia (No unique skills): Both kids will get Galeforce via Sumia's classes.
Frederick (No unique skills) x Olivia (Galeforce) : Inigo gets the female-only Galeforce. Freddy gives awesome class coverage.
Stahl (No unique skills) x Lissa (Galeforce): Another male character getting the female-only Galeforce.
Henry (No unique skills) x Maribelle (Galeforce): Brady gets Galeforce via inheritance.
Gaius (Sol) x Sully (No unique skills): Gaius' male-only fighter becomes Peg Knight for Galeforce. Sol's probably the best of the unique skills here.
Kellam (No unique skills) x Cordelia (Galeforce): Class coverage from Kellam + Galeforce from Corelia.
Vaike (No unique skills) x Cherche (Renewal): No Galeforce. Vaike gives good class coverage. Still kind of confused about Renewal. Serene's Forest lists it as a unique inheritable for Gerome, but it also shows that he gets the War Cleric class and can learn it so I'm not sure what's up with that.
Ricken (No unique skills) x Panne (Strength +2): Kinda meh options with Panne.
Lon'qu (No unique skills) x Miriel (Renewal): Maximum class coverage due to no Galeforce. Renewal is still really nice though.
MU (Counter) x Tharja: MU's male-only Fighter class becomes Peg Knight for Galeforce pwnage. Morgan and Noire both get the male-only counter.
Donnell (Aptitude) x Nowi (No unique skills): Donnell's fighter = Peg Knight. Aptitude is cool too, although Counter would be better long-term I guess.

Second strategy posted:

I highly concur with Lhyon regarding Chrom x Olivia, it is a vastly superior pairing for the two kids that result from it.
I instead do Sumia with Henry, giving Cynthia 8 new classes to pick from as well as access to 6 unique skills from Henry that she wouldn't have access to otherwise.
As for Chrom x F!MU, I find Male MU to be better in the long run giving another child GaleForce that wouldn't otherwise have access to it.
My list looks like this:
Sully[Aegis]+Gaius[Sol]->Kjelle(F)
MU[Tomefaire to both]+Tharja[Lifetaker to both]->Noire(F)+Morgan(F)
Nowi[Tomefaire]+Donnel[Apititude]->Nn(F)
Lissa[Galeforce]+Gregor[Sol]->Owain(M)
Maribelle[Galeforce]+Lon'Qu[Swordfaire]->Brady(M)
Olivia[Galeforce to both]+Chrom[Gives Rightful King to Inigo, and Aether to Lucina]->Inigo(M)+Lucina(F)
Sumia[Galeforce]+Henry[Counter]->Cynthia(F)
Cordelia[Galeforce]+Frederick[Aegis]->Severa(F)
Panne[Lethality]+Libra[Renewal]->Yarne(M)
Miriel[Tomefaire]+Ricken[Lifetaker]->Laurent(M)
Cherche[dDal Support+]+Vaike[Axefaire]->Jerome(M)
If you have any questions about my logic or reasoning behind the choices lemme know.

Yarne, Laurent and Jerome are pretty dead to me sadly due to no Galeforce. I included them in my list for completion sake, but I have no specific plans for them.
As for the others:
Kjelle - Great Knight
Noire - Sorcerer
Morgan - Sorcerer/Nosferatu tank
Nah - Valkyrie
Owain - Swordmaster
Brady - Trickster
Inigo - Hero
Lucina - Falcon Knight
Cynthia - Falcon Knight
Severa - Wyvern Lord

Both of those seem fairly simple to execute on. (Other than I hear that the Chrom/Olivia pairing can be a pain to properly execute).

I had originally started with a female avatar because I wanted to have Chrom's babies, but I think having a male avatar would be even better because then Chrom and I can be bros 4 lyfe. And plus, I've been looking at pictures of all the characters and... Tharja :swoon:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
ChromxOlivia is a pain because you have to avoid activating any of Chrom's C-supports with Sully/Sumia/Maribelle/F!Robin, but otherwise it's fairly straightforward, just make sure he pairs up with Olivia and they fight together enough when you get her.

Male Robin is a slightly better pick if you want to min-max, but honestly either works, Avatar's already the most powerful first-gen unit.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Nov 25, 2015

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Please note that if you marry tharja your supports with one of your daughters will be very depressing.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Junpei Hyde posted:

Please note that if you marry tharja your supports with one of your daughters will be very depressing.

:getin:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Please note, she will also be baller as hell.

Okay, so I get you want to run an optimal strategy, I'm exactly the same and whilst it doesn't cripple me it really does irritate the crap out of me when I'm not playing optimally. With all of that said, please note, I had the thread vote on a team recently and the pairings were by no means optimal. Despite that I annihilated the hardest map on the game with no problems at all, so if I can help with the anxiety a bit, optimisation is not needed in this game under any circumstances for any difficulty. (Maybe Lunatic+ classic, but if you're playing that you're crazy)

In terms of the things you've posted. Almost all guides that you'll see were made around 2013, when the game came out. Thing is nobody actually knew anything about how to play the game for the longest time. This is made worse by the fact that the final DLC map plays completely differently to basically any other missions in the game. The question then becomes about whether you want to attempt Apotheosis or not, because optimised pairings are distinct for those doing it and those not.

The important part is this, both guides you've posted are sub-optimal for playing the game. Long story short, there are 13 child units in the game. Depending on the gender of your Robin, there are either 6 girls and 7 boys or 7 girls and 6 boys.

Child units are almost always better than their parents because they inherit much greater skill diversity, so it makes sense that you'd pair your child units together. Further, child units can only S support with each other. Unfortunately this means that one child is the odd one out and you get 6 pairs. In both guides you post there will be one character that is an odd one out and that is paired into an A rank support unit, which is bad.

In both guides you posted the Avatar (MU) is paired with Tharja. Note again, this is actually what I almost always do with my own MU because I like Tharja as a character and it does a lot for her daughter as well. But for the reasons mentioned this is not what you /should/ be doing. The Avatar is unique because they can S support with anyone of the opposite gender. So if you pair up the Avatar with a child character, you get a 7th S rank pairing and since the Avatar is far and away the most powerful first generation unit, it's still very strong.

With that in mind, here's two lots of pairings that I would do if I were going to fully optimise:

Sumia!Lucina - Paladin/Great Lord/Sniper x MU (Asset Strength, Flaw Luck) - Berserker:
Logic: Asset Str, flaw luck gives the highest damage in a supporting role for a physical class and the pairing generates a female Morgan with +3 str and +5 spd. Lucina can double anything in the game like this.

Chrom!Cynthia Paladin x Vaike!Gerome - Berserker
Logic : Cynthia is Lucina's twin, so this works almost exactly the same as above, except Vaike Gerome hits even harder.

If you're optimising these are basically set in stone to me.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Already I am going to call into question what information you get because it seems to have completely the wrong idea about how MU works. For every other male, if they have a male exclusive class and have a daughter, then the daughter gets a set female exclusive class. However, for MU any children they have get access to every class that is available for them.

The best recommendation is to pair up parents who compliment each other as normal units will almost always lead to strong children. For example having Vaike and Cherche go together works well (especially with Vaike second sealed to barbarian) as they are able to hit like a truck, meaning that their child is going to hit even harder. Having Lon'qu and Thraja paired up means that Lon'qu gets a bit of speed and much needed defense, whilst Thraja gets the skill that she is lacking and this lead to their child being quite well rounded.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Please note, she will also be baller as hell.

Noire is always baller but this is true.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Chrom!Cynthia Paladin x Vaike!Gerome - Berserker
Logic : Cynthia is Lucina's twin, so this works almost exactly the same as above, except Vaike Gerome hits even harder.

Wouldn't Chrom!Cynthia be better as a Dark Flier? Her Strength stat as a Paladin would be 52, and as a Dark Flier, her Magic stat is 53, so I paired her with Sage Virion!Brady.

In any case, Mordiceius, listen to Yorkshire Tea on this. All of the guides out there kind of suck. If optimization is what you're after, then you'll probably want to play Apotheosis, the most difficult DLC map. If that's the case, you should also pay the money to buy the DLC maps called "The Golden Gaffe" for oodles of easy money, "Rogues and Redeemers 3" for the best (unisex) skill in the game (Limit Breaker), "Infinite Regalia" for 50% off all the items in the game and (random) access to a lot of really strong weapons, "Lost Bloodlines 2" for access to one of the best (male only) classes in the game, "Lost Bloodlines 3" for faster EXP gain, and "Smash Brethren 2" for a (pretty good, female-only) skill/class.

I've been playing this game almost since release and have restarted more times than I can remember, and am only now finally about to tackle the hardest DLC map, and am only now really getting the hang of all of the mechanics. Now, I only play for a few hours a week, but this is a pretty deep experience, so I don't see anything wrong with asking for help or advice on how to progress if optimization is what you're after. Just make sure you have fun with the in-between parts too, because the character interactions are usually pretty awesome. And no, this is nothing like FF: Tactics or XCOM. Every unit is unique and most have at least a dozen unique support conversations with other characters that are really well written, and usually cute/funny.

What I will also suggest is deciding now what type of Avatar you want to have. You can make the rest of your decisions slowly, but as you know, your Asset/Flaw are determined even before you start the game. You want to look at your initial Asset/Flaw because it will determine what your Avatar will be best at doing. For Apotheosis, you likely want to have either the highest Strength or Magic stat possible, while not taking a hit in your Speed stat. Speed is important because it determines whether you will attack the enemy once or twice, and whether they can attack you once or twice. As long as you're 5 speed higher than the enemy, you will double attack them. Typically, Luck is the flaw you want to have, and either Speed, Strength, or Magic are good assets. Depending on that, your Avatar's maximum stats will be different, as well as the final stats of the Avatar's child, Morgan.

Morgan is very special in that, just like the Avatar, Morgan has access to nearly every gender-neutral class. Classes are what determine which skills you can learn, so essentially, the Avatar and Morgan are important units because they can learn almost every skill. For Apotheosis, if you have the Limit Breaker DLC skill, your stats are less important than the skills you carry. Do you want your Avatar/Morgan to be strong magic-users, or powerful physical attackers? Magic is really good in Apotheosis because most of the units have lower Resistance than their Defense, and unlike the other "best" weapons in the game, magic Tomes can hit from 1-2 spaces away, making them a little safer. With that said, I gave my Avatar Strength/Luck as his Asset and Flaw, and made my Morgan a really strong physical attacker. It's not that important.

Keep in mind that Morgan's non-Avatar parent is almost irrelevant since Morgan will have access to any gender-neutral class/skills. For instance, a female Morgan, meaning a male Avatar, cannot be a Berserker, so she wouldn't have access to Axefaire. However, her father could pass it to her. A male Morgan cannot be a Dark Flier, but his mother can still pass Dark Flier's "Galeforce" skill down to him, etc. What Morgan's other parent does determine is Morgan's final stats. If the female Avatar marries Chrom, or if Chrom has Inigo or Brady as a son, and your female Avatar marries one of them, then your male Morgan will ALWAYS inherit the kind of lovely skill, Rightful King. If your male Avatar marries Lucina, or one of Chrom's other possible daughters (Kjelle, Cynthia), then female Morgan will ALWAYS inherit the REALLY good skill, Aether. I married my Male Avatar to Lucina for this reason.

Use the website Serenes Forest for reference purposes. It will let you know what a character's final stats will be depending on class, and in the case of children, who their parents were. The caveat is, however, that for Apotheosis, if you have Limit Breaker, your stats are also almost irrelevant, because once they're maxed out, the only stat that kind of matters is Speed, and even then, the absolute slowest character in the game can still, with proper support, still become fast enough to never be "double attacked" but still double attack any enemy in the game.

Generally good Skills (and as a result, classes) you should try to teach your characters are, in no particular order: Luna, any of the -faire skills (Swordfaire, Tomefaire, etc.), Galeforce, Astra, and the DLC skills Limit Breaker, Paragon and Aggressor (male only.) Dual Strike+, Aether, and Ignis are great, but limited to Chrom and his kids, or the Avatar and Morgan. Some people like All Stats+2, and Iote's Shield (also DLC skills.)

Other good skills to look out for are the -breaker skills (Tomebreaker, Axebreaker, etc.), Vengeance, Vantage, Armsthrift, Hit +20, Prescience, Wrath, Counter, Sol, Discipline, Lifetaker, Renewal, Aegis, Pavise, Hex, Anathema, Deliverer, Pass, Aptitude, Veteran, and Special Dance, though those last three are all character exclusive. These skills are all more suited to the main-game than Apotheosis and are mostly useful for utility purposes.

The "Rally" skills are useful, but again, only in Apotheosis.

I've made a ton of posts in this thread in the last few months asking for advice, and everyone has been nothing but nice to me, but the main piece of advice they've shared that I can share with you is: the game, even Apotheosis, are not so hard that you have to squeeze every mathematical ounce out of your characters. It's impossible to mess up the first generation characters, and almost as impossible to "mess up" any of the kids. When you're ready to start pairing off your parents, ask us and we'll be happy to tell you whether or not it's a good idea, and why. :)

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

If I were to try lunatic mode again, what is the easiest way for me to grind the Avatar and Chrom up so I don't have to have Frederick do literally everything?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

If I were to try lunatic mode again, what is the easiest way for me to grind the Avatar and Chrom up so I don't have to have Frederick do literally everything?

Robin and Chrom can both walk on water.

Robin has a 2 ranged item.

The prologue has a water divide separating the second set of enemies from you.

You can use this to manipulate enemy positions and have Robin slowly snipe at enemies with impunity while Chrom sits in the middle of the water with Fred, completely unattackable.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Wow, that is a lot of really awesome info. I sincerely thank you for that huge dump.

It is good to know that you can't gently caress up things too bad. I guess I've just become a bit of a worrier. When I realized that there is so many options for pairing and classes and what not, I began to go into "Dark Souls" mode and fear that "oh now, I'm going to gently caress things up beyond repair if I don't make sure to plan everything."

I don't have any of the DLC, nor do I really know if I'll get any of it. I'll probably get the Golden Pack and maybe the Lost Bloodlines pack, but that's about it. I don't really see myself having any desire to get anything beyond that.

As for the pairings, galeforce seems godlike so really I only care about getting that on as many characters as possible. I'm not trying to get the most A+++++++ optimal pairings, it is moreso that I want to just make sure I do better than if I hadn't planned at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Mordiceius posted:

Wow, that is a lot of really awesome info. I sincerely thank you for that huge dump.

It is good to know that you can't gently caress up things too bad. I guess I've just become a bit of a worrier. When I realized that there is so many options for pairing and classes and what not, I began to go into "Dark Souls" mode and fear that "oh now, I'm going to gently caress things up beyond repair if I don't make sure to plan everything."

I don't have any of the DLC, nor do I really know if I'll get any of it. I'll probably get the Golden Pack and maybe the Lost Bloodlines pack, but that's about it. I don't really see myself having any desire to get anything beyond that.

As for the pairings, galeforce seems godlike so really I only care about getting that on as many characters as possible. I'm not trying to get the most A+++++++ optimal pairings, it is moreso that I want to just make sure I do better than if I hadn't planned at all.

If you don't plan on buying Apotheosis or playing Lunatic...then you really have absolutely nothing to worry about in terms of difficulty unless you purposely make the game hard for yourself. You can do this by using all of your units in the main campaign instead of focusing on an elite band and not grinding the Gold DLC for Reaking Boxes to easily level up your units. However, on Normal difficulty, Reaking Boxes are cheaper, and money is plentiful, so maybe try playing on Hard for a somewhat challenging experience.

I recommend playing through the main storyline at your own pace and not worrying whatsoever about grinding for skills. You may want to look out for who you pair together and wait until you beat the story line to recruit your children.

• Locked thread