Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMania
May 7, 2008
So apparently I can only play the demo... 30 times? That doesn't make any kind of sense to me, but whatever.

drat this game looks slick, I might actually play with combat animations on for the first time in years. The FMVs are breathtaking, basically everything other than the overly-simplified map sprites look simply amazing.

Lissa jumped in front of an attack on my archer and blocked it, that was definitely the highlight of my first play through. I'm guessing it's just a % chance to nullify an attack, happened a few times and it was always a "miss." The support system in general has had a much needed face-lift, the little hearts popping up showing friendship gains and the "you rock" shout that gives you bonuses are all superbly executed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMania
May 7, 2008

BrightWing posted:

So, Lunatic mode in the demo. 9 str/12 spd myrms at lvl 1. They can 2 shot Krom. Mages with El- lvl tomes. Boss has 14 str and 34 HP and the Throwing Ax upgrade.. This is all in the prologue level, mind. :suicide:

Haha Lunatic mode, didn't check stats on the swordsman on the right in the first level and sent MU over to get in a hit. He was doubled and killed at the beginning of the first enemy phase.

MMania
May 7, 2008

ChiTownEddie posted:

And I just picked up my XL (first 3ds Ive had) simply for this game.
CANNOT WAIT.

I picked up an XL solely for this game too. I don't believe Fire Emblem games sell particularly well in the US, but it looks like the media blitz + what is apparently an amazing game is completely changing the field for this series.

• Locked thread