Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I've never noticed their stubby little feet until now. Shouldn't have played the demo because I want this right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm really digging the variety of attack animations in this one. Every time I see a new one I think it's going to be a critical since the GBA one's have been engrained on me.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Fire Emblem:Awakening - What is wrong with their feet?

I really like how you can pair up your crutch character with your healer for more defense.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
And it's up.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm about halfway and it looks like I'm going to kiss sleeping goodbye.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
My Sully started really mediocre but she's slowly getting in gear and holy poo poo those three villagers are so loving brain dead. I had a rescue staff from the dlc and managed to pull one to safety only for him to run right into enemy lines again :downs:.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
My Lon'qu has turned into an axe magnet which is really annoying given his speed. Later on he ate a %2 critical from a dark mage :negative:. I hope the other myrmidon is better because god drat.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

theshim posted:

I...I can't do it. I can't break the habit! I can't promote people before they hit 20! No!

...coincidentally, Sully just hit 20. :getin: I'm thinking Great Knight simply because Luna > Aegis.

I'm doing the same thing since it just doesn't feel right to promote someone lower than 20 for me.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I wish the invincible mustache general was recruitable and not a boss.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

theshim posted:

Oh wow, Chapter 10.

Something as simple as not having a ~Fire~ version of the track completely nailed what they were going for. Wow.

They really nailed it in the music department in this game. Kinda sucks that the XL speakers sound so low without headphones.

Levantine posted:

On stat discussion - holy poo poo is my Chrom a monster. Level 8 and he has like 14 speed and 12 defense, as well as 12 strength and skill. He doubles everything!

The guy can pretty much solo everything once I promoted him.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm at a point where fliers are pretty worthless thanks to archers and rexcaliburs ahoy :sigh:. On the other hand a sorcerer with nosferatu and anyone that can pair up with them to give them 5 speed and magic is broken as gently caress. I had Tharja and Maribelle solo the entirety of chapter 20 except for the boss.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
God drat I hate chapter 21 so much. Managed to beat it by deploying my best three units and having Jaffar steal poo poo since any healers are just going to die.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I restarted with a female MU this time and I can't wait to see how that plays out. I'm sorely disappointed that the eye patch is exclusive to the child character though.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Rascyc posted:

I've noticed my reset count going sky high ever since I decided to actually use Chrom for fighting instead of back line supporting. He's such a lovely front line Lord.

In my first playthrough he was quite the opposite what with aethering all the time and destroying everyone. Then came Tharja and we all know how broken vengeance+nosferatu can be.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Underdog is pretty drat good when I got it. I had Donny run right into a mob and he evaded every single attack. I got him up to level 5 hero for sol and he's indestructible now.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Artix74 posted:

That actually sounds like a really good idea, but Kellam is basically the only reliable tank I have right now, and there's no way I'm trusting my dodge tanks to not get hit more than twice on a consistent basis. Decisions, decisions...

You can get some boots later on and throw it his way if you want.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Beat the game tonight and the final battle was pretty cool even though I had to send in my 3 god units in the end. My healers kept getting swarmed with people throwing poo poo at them so I just said gently caress it. Henry can be insanely broken and I wouldn't want it any other way :allears:.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I forgot Ricken existed after that mission. He had 0 battles and victories when I was done.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Tribladeofchaos posted:

There's another one in that stage if you have Miriel fight Lilina. She senses a lot of magic potential from her and mentions that she would have fun dissecting her, to which Lilia protests that she's not a frog. And then Miriel finishes with "Oh I know, I'm not interested in frogs. But come at me then and let's see if you croak." I'm curious if there are any other conversations like that.

Lissa has one with Alm saying "I ate a bear once, you know. With my teeth!". Kellam and Virion also have a line with someone and I think every character does if the first and second dlc is anything to go by.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

GeckoMissingo posted:

I've been thinking about what skills to give Henry. Is it worth reclassing into barbarian>berserker for gamble and wrath?

Very much so. I had a 95% crit chance on a poor berserker and with vengeance it's pretty much extreme overkill.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

Haha, I just stepped on a sparkly tile with Henry:

"I want to die a horrible, bloody death that's completely painless. ...I don't like ouchies."

You're so insane, Henry.

"Hey Robin, do you think my eyeballs will melt if I stare into the sun?"

That came out of nowhere in the barracks and made me laugh. Everything Henry says is gold.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
She was quite effective for me as a great knight with vengeance.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Is the Infinite Regalia map not out yet? I went and got the Last bloodlines pack but the regalia one isn't showing up even though I already bought the pack for it.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I didn't think much of galeforce until I paired two people with it by accident.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I sucks that he loses aegis and pavise when you recruit him. Dunno if he can go Paladin but I'm getting pavise back.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Thanks to paragon and veteran I'm running my avatar through all the classes for the skills. It's pretty crazy getting 30 exp when before it was like 8 or something.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Noire and Laurent's A support is the greatest thing. I was disappointed at the lack of BLOOD AND THUNDER in the majority of her supports but that made up for it in spades.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I had it go off about 5 times in a row on a sniper Noire for some reason.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Ern Malley posted:

Second: Fire Emblem: Awakening - the text game! [url="http://danbruno.net/twine/fireemblem.html#"]

"and the time where you put your healer at risk because you were unknowingly blocking an enemy's path with someone else and then moved them out of the way at the end of your turn thus leaving your healer undefended".

I'm glad I'm not the only one that had this happen all the drat time.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

I've generally been keeping on top of things, but I suppose I'll ask:

Does anybody think there's something missing from the OP, or that there's anything that should be changed?

Always have a rescue staff on hand just in case some suicidal dumbass needs saving.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It has the same awesome stage music too. Would've been cool if they shoehorned the fire dragon in there for laughs.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Lareine posted:

I treat the DLC characters like collectable cards. Because that's kind of all they are.

I just wish that you can keep them all instead of having a limit.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I thought it meant that a support rank was unlocked since every time I've seen one of those I had a new one waiting to be viewed.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Red Metal posted:

w.r.t support conversations, the number in this game is truly ludicrous. The first generation proper, not counting Anna, Tiki, and any storyline recruits after Henry, has a total of 175 support conversations, 24 of which are your Avatar (this isn't counting variations based on the Avatar's gender. I have no idea how many more that would add). Adding in the previously excluded characters adds another 10 supports, including Tiki's supports with Lucina and Nah. Five of those are Avatar (still discounting gender variations).

For the second generation, counting both male and female Morgan's conversations separately, you have 14 supports with their constant parent (one for each child), and 65 supports among each other. Adding in a non-parent Avatar gives another 12 supports, for 91 supports with the second generation, not counting their father (or mother in Lucina's and FMorgan's case), or Tiki's support with Lucina and Nah (they were counted above).

Adding in the supports with the other parent, that adds a total of 175 support conversations (which, if you note, is how many there were in the first generation :v:), 29 of which are Morgan's (not counting Morgan with a Spotpass Paralogue parent).

Adding in the Paralogues, you get another 12 supports, one with your Avatar and one with Morgan for each character.

This makes a total of 463 support conversations (not counting differences between different gendered Avatars. A naive count would add another 48, but I'm not sure how many are different enough to really be counted separately). Which, frankly, is a completely ridiculous amount.

Now, if you include the Bonds DLC :suicide:

This is why I don't blame them for not giving spotpass characters any supports.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I got my first streetpass team after 100+ hours even though my 3DS was at home :confused:. Seeing Laurent as an assassin with that giant pointy hat was pretty funny though.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Eh? I only noticed the Avatar having one...

Chrom, Avatar and Aversa have lines but no one else for some reason.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Managed to beat R&R3 with my avatar having the sword/lance/axe breaker skills, armsthrift, vengeance and a forged Aversa's night by himself. Just have Chrom paired up with him, turn off all animations and presto.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm grinding up Ricken for laughs and to see how he stands once he's capped. One of his supports with Henry is just :smith: as hell and makes you feel like poo poo.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It's not so bad since you can skip all animations and just deploy a sorceror avatar to wipe everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It's also hilarious when you instakill someone with a twig.

• Locked thread