Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Maybe a good in-between is a mode that let you keep units that died, but with some kind of stat penalty that lasted the entire game. Maybe have some super rare item that reduces the penalty so the unit doesn't become absolutely useless later in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Do your dudes give you an option to change you avatar sometimes like in FE 12? Like, do they say hey [avatar] want me to give you a mullet? and your avatar's portrait changes.

Aww that was a pretty cool little thing in the last one.
VVVV

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jan 20, 2013

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I kinda regret playing the demo, It's making it way to hard to go back to FE12. Everything but the portraits just looks so bad.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Tae posted:

Is anyone planning to turn in their 3DS for gamestop's double-credit thing?

FYI they're only going to give you $70 even with the double credit.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

JackDarko posted:

I pre-ordered a month ago and for me it says February 6th and i'm not getting any warnings. Odd.

I placed my order at the beginning of the month and it still says the 6th for me too.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

If Nintendo breaks the street date for the US I would totally cancel my amazon order and use their lovely eshop.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

fivegears4reverse posted:

It needs to be animated somehow, but I have no talent for that. I'd say first show the chance to hit/crit, then show the merc doing the taunt, then show a high speed unit that normally would have an excellent chance to dodge or otherwise survive a regular hit.

After reading this thread I ran down to the Gamestop I have Awakening reserved at, knowing it wouldn't be in. The worker I talked to confirmed that the game is no longer on their "Coming Soon" listing on their registers so it's open season. Basically it could be in my hands RIGHT NOW if they'd even received the game. :sigh:

In the US?

Goddamn this is the one game that's going to make me go to a gamestop for the first time in like, a year.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Karthe posted:

Heads up, US Goons (the few of you who don't have it already :argh:) - I just received an e-mail from Best Buy this morning saying that the Awakening release date was changed to today. I received a "your preorder is ready for pickup" e-mail shortly after that, so there's a good chance your local Best Buy might already have copies for sale.

Post if they let you pick it up, the website is still saying the 4th for me.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Zurai posted:

No one's positive but it does seem that the first print run is at least selling extremely well and is possibly sold out. Some stores say they'll have more than pre-orders, some say they don't even have enough to cover pre-orders.

Fortunately it'll be available day 1 on the eShop.

Wha.. how does this happen? Isn't this the main reason they give to convince you to give them your money in advance? :psyduck:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I already canceled my amazon order beacuse I don't want to wait 3 more days.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

You'd need $50 because the eshop only lets you add funds in intervals of $10/20/50/100.

I think they only take the retail amount if you just try to buy it directly. I bought crimson shroud when it came out and only paid the $14.99

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

8500 blocks, so around 1.5GB.

And... people haven't gotten a nice, fat 16GB SD card for their 3DS? :psyduck: They cost less than $20 if you know where to look. Storage is one of the 3DS' best features because it uses a very standard, cheap format! If anything I want more digital releases because I can put FE:A on this card ten times over and still have plenty of room left!

Can I just say how loving stupid blocks are now?

[e] I have the default 2 gb because I was literally never going to buy anything on the eshop until a month ago.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 4, 2013

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Can you use a say a $25 3DS points card and then use a credit card to pay for the rest of it?

I'm pretty sure it'll just charge you the difference once it sees you don't have enough in your wallet on checkout.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I think I might have an idea of why you keep tripping Sumia.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is there a deadline I have to meet for the avatar's S rank? I just finished chapter 10 and I want to make sure I didn't screw anything up.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

What changes on Hard? I'm starting to regret starting over on normal due to how op my avatar and his kid is.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I kinda wish chrom would say something about me marrying his daughter from the future

RME posted:

So I've never played a Fire Emblem game before but I picked this one up since the series was always interesting to me. Is making my asset Skill and flaw Resistance a horrible idea?

This is what I did and my dude came out ok since you can get a couple res boosting items. I kinda regretted picking skill since I thought that was what determined how many attacks you got but the avatar and his kid getting to activate their killer skills almost every battle more than makes up for it.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Zore posted:

Try a Dark Mage/Sorcerer Avatar!

I literally couldn't take a few of the big reveals seriously near the end of the game because the outfit is so silly.

Seriously, in what world dooes a body stocking/loincloth combo with a full and flamboyant cape look cool or like a good idea?

Dark Knight is also great beacuse he gets a collar that's double the height of his head.

• Locked thread