Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Cheap Trick posted:

How will the SpotPass DLC work? It randomly downloads onto my 3DS while it's in sleep mode and has WiFi access?

I'm going to be moving across the ocean in March so I'll probably be broke. Gonna have to get a 3DS and this game anyway!
Does anybody know if that badass bundle is going to be available in EU as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

I was discussing this game with a friend and he brought up the point that this whole reclassing mechanic seems like it would essentially force you to hop online and look for guides for the optimal set up on each character, or at least play through the game one or twice so you know what's coming and what skills everyone wants. I agree in principle that it's not very good game design but it doesn't really scare me in the same way because I don't mind not playing optimally. At least not when I'm not playing the hardest difficulty. Is he right or is there some in game way to check these things?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Can someone elaborate on the 'recruiting your own children' thing? Are they born 15 years old and combat ready? How does this work?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

The plot of the game involves time travel. The kids come from the future.

I read the first half of that and went NOPE. Thanks anyway!

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Bloodly posted:

...X-Com:Enemy Unknown rules?

...Now I'm imagining those little cutscenes except it's when they show up.

gently caress XCOM. I had a bunch Mutons bug into vision and then attack my not-behind-cover Heavy and killed him. Sorry I needed to vent :(:

Do you have to do the sidequest for the kids? Can you put it off and do it whenever you want?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Tae posted:

Just beat Chapter 22 on Hard, have to say fliers are the most useless class for combat (changed Avatar to Dark Flier, haven't seen actual combat since). Waaaay too many bows and rexcalibers from the middle to the end.

I guess that's how they balanced out Galeforce :v:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Is anybody going to be doing a LP of this game? I really can't wait until April to play :3:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

If they reach 20, can you no longer class change them up?

You can, but if there's no other class you want them to dabble in, it's better to reset them in the same class so they gain more levels in their final class.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Any tips for Chapter 11? Playing on Hard Classic NOBODY DIES and I'm having a lot of trouble with it. Specifically the last rush of enemies with the boss, but I always seem to be getting overwhelmed and the flying enemies can just circle around my front line and get to my squishy healers.

In other news, I hate you all for having good Chroms and MUs. Mine are mediocre at best at level 15 or so, and with this string of bad luck I haven't even bothered with Donny much because he'll just suck as well.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Tae posted:

Do not rush at the enemy, specifically the enemy ranges of the troops right in front of Gangrel. You get in their range, Gangrel will start moving. Stay back, let your best defensive unit soak up and bait a couple units at a time.

I'm just getting overwhelmed by all the reinforcements. I tried advancing in a line to occupy all of the mid-map forts but it leaves my army spread to thin, so I can't really kill the Wyverns before they beeline for my squishiest character.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Cythereal posted:

I think my Donnel is broken. For all that he's supposed to have amazing growths, his gains have been mediocre at best for me.

Second seal him ASAP. I second sealed him at level 15, and by level 7 as a fighter he capped everything 2 stats, I want to say HP and Res? He's a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

Jesus, hard mode in this game is HARD. I love it.

Yeah, I'm at chapter 20, and it's a good thing I'm playing on Casual otherwise all my people would've died last chapter. Maybe it has something to do with me not doing any grinding and not being a savant. Oh well, still enjoying the crap out of it.

• Locked thread