Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Veev posted:

I love pair up more than I ever did carrying. Frederick was already going to make sure the healer doesn't die and nothing else, glad I have a way to make it official.

Can you use pair up on someone to make the target the standby? When I played the demo you could only make the target the leader.

I'm going to miss sending in mounted units to rescue people in over their heads, aren't I? :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Miftan posted:

I was discussing this game with a friend and he brought up the point that this whole reclassing mechanic seems like it would essentially force you to hop online and look for guides for the optimal set up on each character, or at least play through the game one or twice so you know what's coming and what skills everyone wants. I agree in principle that it's not very good game design but it doesn't really scare me in the same way because I don't mind not playing optimally. At least not when I'm not playing the hardest difficulty. Is he right or is there some in game way to check these things?

I don't know if there's a way to look up what skills each class gets, but at the very least it seems like everything is reversible and you can't permanently gimp a character. If you get crappy skills, you can equip your old ones. If you turn your healer into a knight and suddenly realize her 15 def growth (or whatever) won't cut it, you only need to suffer to level 10 to go back.

It seems like going super nuts with experimenting would only really screw you by jacking up the grind time if you're playing on Lunatic, and Lunatic seems like it's for the kinds of people who already have a clear min/max plan anyway.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

How bad is Hard for anti-grinding? Normal sounds like its too easy, but I do want the option to do OCD grinding if the game has enough side content to support it.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Levantine posted:

Amazon isn't doing release date shipping for the title. I'm a Prime member and normally the free two day shipping would be release date but instead I have to wait until Wednesday afternoon if I keep my order. Something tells me Nintendo really under-anticipated demand for physical copies and just assumed everyone would eShop it or something.

Considering the game was accidentally announced by someone cornering Reggie, I think they under-anticipated demand in general :v:

I've also got my order in for Amazon, because I really want a physical copy until Nintendo gets their account system in order, but I want this game enough that I'll probably call some places tomorrow and hope for someone to miraculously have a copy still.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

TheQat posted:

1) I'm pretty married to the idea of making it through the game on Hard/Classic and it's going okay for the most part, but I'm wondering what you're supposed to do if you seem to be chronically under-leveled. I'm on mission 5 and have done the DLC map (I'm assuming there's just one for now) and the Paralogue part 1, but I still have no level 7s and as you all probably know, mission 5 is full of level 7 dragon knight dudes.

I tried that mission probably ten times before realizing there was seemingly no way to finish it without losing 3-4 characters, and though that was before I did the paralogue/DLC I don't think it will have gotten much easier. So, any tips on keeping up with the difficulty curve of the game? Or any tips specific to mission 5, in case I'm missing some trick to it?

Hard is kicking my rear end too (apparently I'm a fraud because I thought I was pretty okay at FE games :saddowns: ) so I don't have any high level advice. I'm past that mission though and the way I handled it was to snipe Maribelle and the mage kid paired up with a Rescue staff to get them out of danger (assuming Lissa's magic is high enough) and then from there to turtle until the reinforcements calm down. Use wind magic, bows, and Falchion to deal with the Wyverns.

Ryanbomber fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 5, 2013

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Behonkiss posted:

Around what chapter did most of you start getting up to S-ranks for relationships? I'm on Chapter 8 and have only managed to get Chrom and the Avatar's pairing up to a B, with a few Cs for other pairs.

Also, does pairing up units not get them relationship points?

I have two pairs of S ranks at Chapter 10 but I've been doing some side stuff too.

Paired units will build their relationships, although keep in mind that they need to actually have a support together to do it (I've had more than one pair sort of fizzle out because I forgot to actually confirm they had a support and didn't notice that I was wasting time for several maps :downs: )

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

They wrote all those supports for Avatar themselves.

That's one character, though. There's 13 kids, 14 if you count the two Morgans as different characters (I don't know if they are).

It sucks that they didn't go that extra mile, but I don't really blame them for it, especially considering they did at least give the parents their own lines, even if the scenes are the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Yeah, Donnel has been Donnel to his son on my game. That one conversation might just be a fluke or something.

• Locked thread