Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Seekers will plasma-plink you if all targets are immune to strangulation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

SeaTard posted:

Sometimes they decide to uncloak right away and shoot one of your guys in the side if they are flanked, I lost a really good sniper that way. So just be aware that the standing in a circle thing doesn't always work.

They will only choose to shoot at you if all of your mans are immune to strangulation (the +2 HP thingy, chrysalid thingy, titan armor)

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

The only things that still work in Toolboks are "Skip start movies", "Disable continent abduction panic" and "Arcs in Pistol slot". Maybe the fast motion slider too. The latest patch broke the rest.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I just started Long War and I have no idea how to build effective dudes with the new classes (and a billion new guns/items). What are some general perk/soldier combos for the early-mid game?

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

So I was looking through the DGC.ini and saw this:

; Weapons: iSuppression value holds ammo, format xxyy, where xx is shots WITH ammo conservation; yy is shots WITHOUT ammo conservation

and

iSuppression=203 [...] ; Gauss Long Rifle

It looks like a typo that would mean you lose one shot if ammo conservation is reseached. Anyone have a game at that point to see?

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Koorisch posted:

So is there a list of good builds for the different classes somewhere/in this forum?

I've got no idea what to go for, since this is like a completely different game with LW.

Scapegoat posted:

Have a read of Beagles build strategy
http://pastebin.com/7kFhLTaR

I'm following this and it's working out great so far

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Steam says I've played 500+ hours of XCOM (seems a little high even accounting for idling) and I just heard a new thing from Brad: "Are you really using the tracking terminal to play Civilization?! ...I at least hope that you're going for a military victory."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

You can run them through the tests again, and the success chance is based on Will (without equips) so higher ranked mans should have an easier time.

• Locked thread