Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I don't like my current Classical run team, all the soldiers I liked their digs turned out support units; I'm really considering getting the pretty-them-up dlc just to put some pretty colours on them. On my fifth game and only finished once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Does anyone try and get the Will powerup from the officer school? Seems to me its only doable getting it late in game and at that stage its kinda wasted.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
So, you reliably can expect at least one council mission for each of the first three months, right? I'm trying to plan out some panic management strategy before trying to tackle on classical again.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I think I pretty much beat my Classic run, by April I have 11 countries covered, only need one more to have full map coverage, since 4 left midway, I have a surplus of 720 xcom dollars and I'm about to tackle the alien base. I dunno, seems like I can just research all my Titan armor and laser and plasma weaponry and not be too worried.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
motherfuckers when the hell did thinmen started doing 7 damage? It's been a while since I last played, but drat!

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Maybe I'm taking things slow, but I'm nearning the end of my second month and I still haven't build a containment facility, busy putting them all satelites in orbit.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Can't I postpone slingshot's missions? The game thought it was a good idea to give me the final mission on my second month, and after reading what exactly entailed I just went "are you fuckin insane!".

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Any reason to not have your non mec soldiers have some gene implants? Besides they looking kinda iffy without a shirt on

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
my god, the asian bonus is amazing! I got my squad up to six in barely no time, compared to my previous games; but, if the game is throwing me a mechtoid before i build my first mech...

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
gently caress YOU GAME! Three mutton spawn on the second slingshot mission, gently caress YOU! For all the trouble I go through to make zhang into a mech I might as well skip the rest of the missions

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I keep forgeting this detail, if I lose a country in my starting continent, do I get to keep the continent bonus? I'm on the verge of a split decision on abduction missions, do I save europe and two countries who are on the verge of red, or do I go for asia with Japan going ballistic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Yes, I'll take the second wave option of giving the aliens the chance to fire when found, oh now cyberdiscks ALWAYS SHOOT FIRST?! I WONDER WHY

• Locked thread