Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The expansion looks to be about everything everyone was asking for, expect for an explicit teleporting fix.

Your playthroughs will be pretty different because it seems like you cant go whole hog into mech and bio at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fighting enemy humans will make up for only adding a few new aliens I guess.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Not only did he punch a sectoid into a tractor which then exploded, the flamethrower went through cover.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The one dev specifically mentioned they addressed the "too many exploding cars" problem in that one interview.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Coolguye posted:

I am on my tablet so I can't check this right now,but if this is true it's all the marketing I need to buy immediately.

Not only is that true but they did close-up animations for all the mecha punching.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Flame thrower and thunder punch

:black101:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I posted a bunch of pictures at the bottom of the last page. Shows off two new weapons at least.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

"can destroy cover"

edit

Oops sorry I posted the same shot, I thought you posted the flamethrower pic.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I wonder if only grievously wounded soldiers can be turned into mecs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I interpreted it as "You wont have enough time/money/resources to do both to 100%."

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Race to the Meld is going to cause so much heartache and gnashings of teeth. What a beautiful mechanic they threw in. I'm already getting anxiety about plunging into the fog of war.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That's why I was hoping only grievously wounded soldiers could become mechs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I mean the choice of a short life-time as a wounded near corpse in incredible pain vs mechanized demigodhood sounds somewhat more moral than just chopping off the arms and legs of a perfectly healthy woman.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Chaos Xcom Mecha-Colonels, oh yeah. Meld for the Meld God.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Midniter posted:

Have they said which missions would provide Meld? Is it abduction-only? I mean currently some limited resources like Elerium and weapon fragments can be stockpiled eventually (specifically in the late game) if you continue to do random missions without progressing the plot. I hope Meld is like that so I can eventually create a team of maxed out mutant mech mercenaries with which to gently caress the final mission up with impunity.

XCOM difficulty scale be damned, if I want to earn the ability through blood, sweat, and tears to steamroll any and all missions, let me!

(I wonder if they're going to nerf Ghost armor at all)

They said every map has been redone to include meld.

Doobie Keebler posted:

I got to the part of the video where the sectoid gets rocket-punched into the truck and decided that I can't wait for EW, even a preorder. I put $40 in an envelope and mailed it to Firaxis. Before I was optimistic but what I'm seeing is pretty great. Even the small changes to flanking and cover sound good.

That was the best part

euphronius fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 21, 2013

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Teleporting patrols relabled "Stealth deployment brigades"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

dud root posted:

Cant wait to see the cutscene where an assembly arm picks up her head + exposed spine and plonks it in the mech.

I hope there is a way to filter out the old maps so only the expansion maps show up. Would a reload do this if I saved just before taking off in the Skyranger?

They are redoing the old maps, so there may not be a need to filter them out.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

An Inquisitor: Xenos game would just be the cat's meow.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ananda seemed pretty on the ball in the video, but that could just be marketing speak. It's hard for developers to judge difficulty anyway in my experience.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There are now mecha sectoids, so you got your wish.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Was playing tired last night and mis clicked a colonel heavy into a flanked no cover position surrounded by 4 mutons. That was unfortunate.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just rolled through Alien Base on C I with full plasma and Titan armor. Feels good. My heavy heat ammo crit a disc on a reaction shot. That was awesome.

I love the bug where loving mutons on their first move nuke your dudes in no cover or half cover.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If it weren't for panic and slight bugs, you could play the whole game without getting hit.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

In the TMA podcast Gupta said the genetic upgrades are available to everyone and that the Mech warrior is its own class, like sniper or whatever. Also the mech warrior advances up her skill tree and at the same time you also advance the tech of the suit. At least that is what he said on the podcast.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you don't want to pay that much just wait 3 months for the Winter Sale. The game will probably be patched up by then too.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There are more than 2 more enemies and every map has been redone plus new maps.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you want them to be shooty, then a high level sniper only. If you want them to be punchy, I don't think it matters much beyond flavor of the buff you like.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I play PC Excom with my controller. :(

I hope they dont take it away completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spudd posted:

Snaketits are Thin Men, what. It's 3am so I'm probably too tired but am I reading that right?

It was a joke.

• Locked thread