Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugrok
Dec 30, 2009
Hey guys !

Is there a strategy guide somewhere that explains how to manage satellites ?

I started to play not so long ago, and i'm only playing ironman (it's really great btw) ; i go further in the game with each run, but i always lose too many countries too early, even when i'm trying not to... Basically, should all my expenses go to satellite management ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugrok
Dec 30, 2009

Electric Pope posted:

If you're anything like me (on my first 7 or so runs), you should PROBABLY be spending more on satellites than you've been. Build your second uplink next to your first and try to get 5 up within 2-3 months. Also, if you're anything like me, you might be putting base assault off far too long. After you do it you get worldwide panic reduction and a tonn of things to sell, so it helps to rush for carapace armor and lazer weapons then do the base assault as soon as you're ready.

Ahaha, thanks a lot. You're right, on my first run, i got decimated during the base assault, so now i postpone it a lot, it's scary. I think that's part of my problem, thank you !

• Locked thread