Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Marthon increases the cost of everything and reduces the speed at which aliens progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

FairGame posted:

Hey, what's the pre-req for beam weapons?

I thought it went fragments-->beam weapons, but all I got unlocked was Experimental Warfare.

Which is also nice since I'd like upgraded scopes, but what I really need are weapons that will drop 4HP sectoids in 1 hit.

You have to take a ship before you can research it.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I haven't been following this thread for a long time and only recently heard there's an expansion. Without trawling through pages and pages and getting most of the expansion spoiled is there an OP like post for it that someone could link me to or just a summary of what's in it and whether it's good or not would do.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Can someone set me straight for this. Even if I already own the game and both of the older DLCs I have to buy them again if I want to play EW on Playstation or XBox?

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Away all Goats posted:

Seekers count as robotic enemies right?

Also am I crazy or was there a foundry project that let you repair SHIVs with arc throwers in EU thats not in EW?

It's still there, you can also repair MECs with them.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Is the EXALT base easier/harder/the same as the EXALT missions?

About the same, maybe easier.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Just make your entire squad MECs. You're welcome.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I waited for ages on my classic run to do the base defence because I wanted firestorms on every continent (I don't know why) but I got so lucky and I think I got 50% of my drop as sectoids (not commanders).

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

On the recruit cost thing with NCE it'd be nice if there was a second wave option to have the cost of recruiting go up with each one you buy. The more you buy the higher the cost of the next recruit. It would give a really good incentive to hold onto your mans even if they are kinda lovely when they start costing 100s a pop.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I was actually wondering if Dr. Shen opened his mouth about MECs, given his opinion on Floaters in the first game. That's pretty disappointing!

Pretty sure he does say something.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I go engineers mostly. If you don't rush a second uplink in the first month and take your time you can get two up in the second month easily enough without having to burn all your early money on satellites. I find it a much more stress free first couple of months especially on Classic difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I really find lasers to be the best option and carapace a nice to have. Even without captures, a lab or scientist rewards you can get lazers by the first terror mission easily enough if you go straight for it as soon as you're able (weapon frags->somethingelse->lasers).

• Locked thread