Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money

NESguerilla posted:

The #1 player on Xbox "Rockstar Chris" is seriously the biggest oval office I have ever seen in a video game. 300 wins, 24 losses, 105 disconnects. He is an absolutely terrible player, and I have literally beat him every single time I have played him and he pulls some loving disconnect right before he gets killed that doesn't count as a loss, every single loving time. Naturally, being the mature adult that I am, I called him out on it last night and got into a half hour long flame war with him. The toolbag literally put "#1" as the first word of every message to me. Rot in hell Rockstar Chris you absolutely worthless no skill cheater.

Friends and fun await you in XCom Enemy Unknown Multiplayer!

So, soldiers don't get experience just for completing a mission, do they? It's based purely on kills? I've been wondering about that. I've also been wondering about why heavies seem to kind of suck a lot. Bulletstorm is okay, but you tend to need to move your guys before you fire on anyone. Suppression chews through ammo (and combat support can do it anyway), and my heavies seem to always loving miss. The rocket is nice, but you only get one of them until the heavy is Colonel (iirc), so it's not *that* useful. I dunno. I think they're less useful than Assault, who are tough as nails and complete loving slayers, but I am an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money

ulmont posted:

I think you should copy the "quick satellite guide" from the previous thread here...

I'd really like to see this, if anyone has it. In my last game I managed to lose like four countries and it was only on normal :gonk:

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money

Leb posted:

Despite how it might appear, Marathon actually makes the game easier in practice, as you'll have an absolute shitton of UFO resources (enabling you to actually purchase and utilize labs) and you'll likely be able to beat the game before heavy floaters/muton elites ever show up.

Even so, Marathon should ideally not alter the game balance at all. It shouldn't be easier or harder, just longer. But I can see why that'd be difficult to set up.

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money

What the gently caress's up with this light blue font on a white background? This is almost unreadable.

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money

The Kins posted:

Looks fine here.

:confused: What the hell man. Augh. My eyes. Why is it doing this to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money

Kalos posted:

The problem is Internet Explorer. Any other browser should be fine.

I'm using Firefox. But I went back to try and read it through the retinal trauma and it was looking fine so it's all good!

• Locked thread