Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

LowellDND posted:

Yes, I did.

I just checked the recruit costs in game, and they are still 25, so I'm wondering if the ini mod didn't take.

edit: I put in the backup ini, same results.

did you edit the new ini's name?

You can't just copy and paste it. As it is named differently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Theta Zero posted:

I don't think that's right. Whenever I did Terror missions, they always at least decreased panic by 1 unless I saved like, one guy.

He is talking about Long War, where Terror missions are basically just you trying to keep the panic gain low.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Deuce posted:

It's not dumb. In Long War the aliens have very few ways of increasing panic. You don't get the massive continent-wide panic flood from every abduction like classic/impossible difficulty vanilla.

And nations that leave the council can be returned via alien base assaults, which are fun.

Yeah it makes perfect sense, though it can be kind of frustrating when it comes up.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

There is one thing I have learned is that their are no such things as a niche market. Also everyone is a psychologist.

• Locked thread