Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Coolguye posted:

GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS
[*]Chris Kluwe (PC only) - I have no idea who the gently caress this is supposed to be, Google claims he's a punter for the Vikings who's a gay rights activist and plays too much World of Warcraft.

Apparently he's also quite fond of XCOM, and got added to the list of heroes after he beat one of the XCOM devs in a multiplayer match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

nohopeindope posted:

So I'm about two months into my first Normal playthrough. I'm in my first mission where I have to rescue civilians. Can I capture a zombie civilian? Also, is there any benefit to capturing aliens you've already interrogated?

I've got 4 countries with 4 panic and a serious cash flow problem. Am I screwed or does it get easier in a couple months?

Can't rescue zombies, except by giving them peace. Yes, there is a benefit to capturing aliens, because that gets you their weapons. Not sure about the countries and panic, but it should get easier later, once you've built up some momentum.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Orgophlax posted:

EDIT: Cyberdisks and chyrssalids cannot be captured, right?

Correct, cyberdisks, sectopods, and chryssalids can't be captured. You can hack drones with the right upgrade, but I'm not sure why you'd want to.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
That'll also destroy any weapon fragments, though. http://xcom.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Fragments_(artifact)

quote:

To acquire weapon fragments, you must kill any alien or robot that wields a weapon without using explosives like Frag Grenades, Alien Grenades, Rocket Launchers, or Blaster Launchers.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Lyrax posted:

I'd say it depends on who you use it on, but I'm not deep into the metagame. All I know is that Titan Armor has saved my rear end a lot of times in Classic like when a Muton Elite critted me behind full cover for 15HP halfway across a UFO.

:byodood:But if he'd been wearing ghost or skeleton armor, he wouldn't have gotten hit!:byodood: Personally, I wouldn't avoid any weapons or armor, I'd just be careful who I give non-ghost armor and non-plasma weapons to. As soon as I get them, though, everybody gets carapace and lasers, because they're such an improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

SeanBeansShako posted:

So how should I be using the SHIV robots?

As expendable heavies, I'd think? They don't cost much for a plasma cannon or whatever, so you can use them instead of rookies for most things. Also, Alloy SHIVs count as half-cover, so there's that.

• Locked thread