Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

redreader posted:

What do you do when there are 3 sectoid commanders and you've used up all of your explosives? With your non-shotgun guys you basically just have to shoot, shoot, shoot. I have no idea why they have such high defense.
Are they the last people on the map? Because then you can flank, pull back for overwatch traps, use smoke (especially with Combat Drugs) use assaults freely, and your snipers should have great accuracy at that point. Got PSI users? PSI Inspiration is great to avoid mind control. How many explosives do you usually bring to a fight anyway? If there's three in one place, they're probably in the little command room of a UFO, which has very little cover to speak of. Plasma suppression usually murders cover, so your heavy can shoot and use suppression to ideally leave one in the open.

Also, on impossible, if you don't want to get hit, you need to be out of LoS. Simple as that. Sectoids come with 75% aim and 10% crit, which can be boosted to 85% and 35% with mind meld (iirc). They WILL beat your guys in a fair fight. Use grenades to take out their cover, especially of the mind-meld originator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Your sniper had a 46% chance to hit a Sectoid Commander in the open? Are you playing with any of the second wave options (specifically Red Fog) on? Or was your sniper just really close to them? Actually, I have no idea why all your percentage chances are so low, do you happen to have a screenshot?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

ChronoReverse posted:

Snapshot still doesn't remove the close range penalty for sniper rifles and suffers a -20 AIM penalty on top of that. I'll take my chances with a Gunslinger pistols =/
Well, yeah, since a fully upgraded Gunslinger plasma pistol does 1 less damage and has 10% higher crit chance than a plasma rifle. A fully upgraded laser pistol, with gunslinger, looks just flat-out better than a laser rifle by 20% crit chance, but since you need plasma pistols unlocked to get pistol III research, this isn't a common scenario. Basically, given the higher base accuracy, a sniper using a decent pistol is about as combat-effective as a support.

Gunslinger > DGG every time.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

I always preferred Ghost on my Assaults because a guaranteed scatter laser / alloy cannon critical four times per map can save a lot of people on a Terror mission. The grappling hook also gives them the best mobility of anything short of a Chrysalid.
Plus the awesome defense, the "oops, I guess I don't wanna be seen this turn", and the movespeed bonus. All are well, well worth the loss of a few hit points.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Fargin Icehole posted:

:xcom:?

I take it this is normal?
Yeah, though a lot of that was mistakes you made, no offense. For one thing, 34% chance to hit actually means 34%, unlike on normal. Don't take those shots, because you'll probably lose a shootout doing that, and you'll definitely lose troops.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

canyoneer posted:

That probably wouldn't fly on a second playthrough on Classic, I'm guessing.
I played through classic cold without really using hunker down, but I learned right loving quick to stop dashing. It helped, and is probably the single most important piece of information. Never dash, and never reveal new terrain if you can't react to what you're going to find.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Muscle Tracer posted:

In The Zone definitely has its uses, but against Chryssalids, squadsight is generally better as you'll have higher accuracy and they're all out of cover anyway, so you don't have to angle around for a flank shot. And you make a good point about Gunslinger—a fully upgraded plasma pistol in the hands of a Gunslinger is about as good as a plasma rifle in the hands of a Support, especially if the sniper has an upgraded Scope (which my Supports rarely do, grenades/arc throwers/medkits/stims being more useful).

Squadsight is just crap is what I'm getting at.
I...no. No it isn't. Hi, I'm sitting here at the start of the map, just floatin' around on my jetpack blasting one alien a turn in complete and utter safety. Absolutely nothing can kill me, and if anyone on my team can see an alien, I can put one (maybe two, every other round) into its head. What's that? We need to go into a building? I'll just take my plasma pistol out, which is almost as good as a plasma rifle at this point, and be pretty drat useful myself even if, for some godawful reason, I need to move and shoot at the same time. Compare that to "yeah, my commander gave me a skill that means I need to be in range of several nasty things at once and take a -20 aim penalty every time I fire my sniper rifle. Oh, by the way, if anything gets near me for whatever reason, I take increasing aim penalties to the point where whipping out my pistol is probably more effective. Good thing I have to enter enemy range repeatedly!"

In a game about avoiding risk, removing any risk to your sniper and giving you one dead (probably) alien a turn is so much more useful than adding extra miss chances to a sniper that didn't even need them its not funny.

Coolguye posted:

There is nothing secret about these bonuses per-se. Yeah, a lot of alien types have better aim and some natural crit chance that on higher difficulties that they don't have on lower difficulties, but the dynamic of 'higher difficulties mean enemies do relatively more damage and you do relatively less' is 20+ years old. There are a number of things I dislike about what the game hides from you, but that is something I feel you should be pretty prepared for.
Easy and Normal cheat in your favor. Your chance to hit is higher than it says, as is your defense. In addition, both easy and normal have a fun feature where every miss (above a certain chance) you have raises your next chance to hit. Conversely, every time you get hit and the chance was below a certain threshold, the game penalizes the next alien turn. It literally makes the gambler's fallacy true, and that's a problem.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Chortles posted:

By the way, I just want to check: considering the wording of Lightning Reflexes specifies reaction shots and not just Overwatch, doesn't that essentially make an Assault with Lightning Reflexes de facto immune to "lock down" (not the Aim penalty of course) by Suppression if there's only one enemy unit with Suppression?
Yes. If an assault with Lightning Reflexes gets suppressed, you can break suppression by moving, incur the reaction shot, avoid it with LR, and then fire freely.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Chortles posted:

I will also reiterate that the reaction shot from Covering Fire is taken after the enemy attack and not simultaneously, so the enemy effectively has the advantage in a Covering Fire "exchange".
If it happened before the action, even with the -20% to aim, it might actually be useful. As is, the options provided by Sprinter are just so much better its ridiculous. Having it trigger before an enemy attack would also make the other Colonel ability really sweet too, and add a lot to the support's ability to kill things.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Brainamp posted:

Nope. At 5 bars, the country will leave at the end of the month. Taking it's continent bonus with it I might add.gently caress you, Australia.
That said, it might be worth saving that satellite in case your terror mission is in Germany or Europe. If its the former, you just need to win and you'll have saved Germany from leaving. If the latter, if you do very well in the mission, you might lower panic throughout Europe, also saving Germany. Its not totally lost yet.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Kayten posted:

On what difficulty will six rookies not turn into zero rookies standing late game?
You could probably fairly easily take 6 rookies into a lategame council mission if they were fully kitted out in plasma/armor of your choice on classic.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

No way, it's bad enough that there's a good chance that the only [your favorite class] you'll get for a long time will be from the first mission.
As a Second Wave option, randomized skills taken per level would be ridiculously cool, though. You'd really learn to love that one squadsight gunslinger doubletap sniper you got, and there'd be a lot more incentive towards training up B and C squads instead of a rocking A team with a backup I GUESS.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Tiny Chalupa posted:

As someone who has put in countless hours into the first xcom, and managed to avoid spoilers for this xcom, yeah. It feels good to actually be able to steam roll aliens and NOT have people die in droves every mission. So yeah, I basically put the game on hold and haven't gotten around to picking it back up.
Seeing the Bureau makes me want to finish my game
Just how scary do you think Sectoid Commanders and Ethereals are? I had a dude mindcontrolled all of once during my classic playthrough.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Yureina posted:

Heavies get a mid-level perk that lets them do 100% extra damage to robotic units. That will help you tear those disc things apart, and will be excellent help when Sectopods start showing up. By the way, and this might just be me, but I saw little need to put scopes on Snipers, because they have good accuracy already and at high levels they are all but guaranteed to hit their targets, so the scope is wasted. I think the only class I actually used a scope for was a heavy, because they need extra accuracy.
Having that 10% higher crit from adv scopes is nice, though, since they really don't need anything else. Sure they get headshot, but that can't be used all the time. And what else are you putting on them? Ideally, they're squadsight snipers and so far away that they don't need any of the armor upgrades, they'd be useless with a zapper, they should never get hit and so don't really need a medkit, and likewise don't really need grenades. Combat drugs would also only be used in moments so "ohshit" that you've probably already hosed it, and I'd rather prevent those from happening than get there.

I guess medkits are your best bet if you didn't pick the 3x perk for supports or don't like supports?

edit: vvvv That too. Squadsight snipers are basically the answer to"well, you messed up/chance hosed you over. Hope you have a backup plan for your backup plan!" and adding anything to ensure that that shot lands is nice.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 28, 2013

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Archer2338 posted:

So I was stupid and did not know beam=laser weapons on my first playthrough. I heard I should skip lasers, but thought beam was something else before it for some reason :dumb: How screwed am I tech-wise? I don't even have all the alien autopsies done yet.
You should not skip lasers on any decent difficulty. I skipped lasers on my first classic run and it was brutal.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

MechPlasma posted:

Telekinetic Field.
This ability is awesome, by the way. Kickass smoke grenades for free? Sure, you lose MC, but in single-player, I don't really like MC that much anyway. The will hit when an MC'd enemy dies is annoying and you don't need MC on everyone. TK field has its uses, though I wish either the radius was smaller or the effect was weaker for enemies.

Alchenar posted:

The thing is that if you go gunslinger then your sniper is also as good in the front lines as any other class and you get to take squadsight.
This.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Gunslinger may make the sniper's pistol comparable to an assault rifle, but the sniper rifle is still a goddamn death cannon that you should make sure that your sniper can use as often as possible.
Right, and you can best do that by giving them the ability to shoot anything, everywhere, that is on the map. Sure, that's slightly hyperbolic, but if you're good about positioning your sniper, it isn't really. First mission of Slingshot is incredibly easy if you have good snipers, for example. Perch them in the towers at the beginning, inch forward, and they can hit everything up until the Cryssalid. Which, obviously, means you just move about 5 feet back until they CAN hit the bug. And late game you can fly.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
edit: double

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Make covering fire trigger before enemy fire, and it'd probably swing a little too far towards "yeah, Sprinter is good, but this +Sentinel is goddamned ridiculous". Which is good, supports could use
some love.

edit: Actually, can toolboks do that? Make it so that covering fire activates before the enemy firing does?

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jul 29, 2013

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

HundredBears posted:

It's worth noting that North America starts with an extra 110 sigmabucks, which is the biggest first month benefit outside of some very niche builds. Between the production and upkeep costs of two interceptors per continent (which as Coolguye points out, you really need if you want to be safe), it keeps up with the non-Africa bonuses in later months too.
In addition, not getting 3 sats by the end of the first month is hard. Grabbing all four is a pain, but three is very doable, netting you both Africa and NA bonuses right off. You can safely lose NA countries then, as well. Besides, the hardest months are the first three, any front-loading of bonuses is a solid effort.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Andre Banzai posted:

My Supports use Light Plasma Rifle, as well as my Rookies/Squaddies (any class). The aim boost is very, very useful.
If I have an assault, I'll equip them with an LPR unless I have Alloy Cannons for constant rapid firing. They're not worth going out of your way for, but you can grab them off Mutons when they first appear to pretty good effect. It also happens to unlock the plasma weapon research without having to capture a plasma rifle, which can speed up the process to plasma.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Covering fire also synergizes absurdly well with Sentinel now, too.

And unless there's constantly building late-game pressure, there's no incentive to really rush for Meld. Its like Terror missions, just go through slow and you'll be fine. That, alone, is my biggest hope for the expansion. They said they're working the macro level a lot, but left how unspecified. The problem is that the early game features a chance every time an alien fires that a squadmember will go down, and that's 1/4th of your crew. Later on, there is absolutely no one single alien that can kill a Colonel in one go unless you count MC or the Sectopod-firing-constantly bug. In addition, if someone goes down, he's more likely to be critically wounded instead of killed and is only 1/6th of your group. The balance tilts way too strongly in favor of XCOM at the end of the game. Decreasing the health bonus your dudes get as well as decreasing the armor bonus would go a long way towards making the late game less easy, as would altering the macro so there's something to worry about once you get full satellite coverage.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

NotALizardman posted:

Except it's totally possible to beat Classic without losing a single country. I mean, as long as you're rushing satellites and carefully managing which abduction mission you're taking, it's actually pretty easy and consistent.
True, but on your first go, you're definitely expected to lose a country or 3 and still be able to complete it without a problem.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
How does The Long War play with Slingshot?

edit: nvm found it. Guess I'll give this one a go while waiting for the expansion, it looks like a solid update to the game.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 23, 2013

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Hey, for people playing the Long War, is there any point to Scouts? I mean, I guess if you've got enough snipers as-is, you could use one, but they seem like they're a mix of the bad sniper perks from vanilla with some assault perks, and no real way to do extra damage up until they get ITZ or rapid fire (at colonel). Basically, I'd like to try out the new classes, but with my first sniper/scout choice, am I an idiot for not grabbing a sniper asap?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Carnalfex posted:

Also realize that snipers in long war are not the overpowered gods of doom they are in vanilla. They fill an important role, but you could be entirely justified in not fielding any in a squad if your tactics revolve more around "tank and flank" with suppresion and overwatch units to lock down enemies and flankers to finish them.
Yeah, I'm noticing. In addition to the penalty to hit, some enemies are getting completely inexplicable high cover against my snipers. On a related note, infantry and engineers are amazing in the early game. 4 grenades on one soldier can let you use them early and often, especially once Sapper starts adding to the cover damage, and bulletstorm early on characters that have much nicer accuracy than vanilla heavies is great.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Psycho Landlord posted:

Yeah, the teleport bug is still there in Vanilla. BUT, theres this fuckawesome mod right here -

http://xcom.nexusmods.com/mods/88/?tab=1&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D88%26preview%3D&pUp=1

That not only gets rid of that particular annoyance but also makes a variety of other cool changes that you should look at. I did the same thing you did, burned myself out after about a month, then idly popped into the thread a few weeks back and saw this being discussed. Now I can't stop playing XCOM again. Admittedly, I wish they had kinda toned down the "long" aspect a bit, but eh, nothing's perfect.
It really is great. One problem, though. Since I've installed it, my esc key randomly stops working when it comes to bringing up the main menu. It still works, usually, to back out of an area or skip cutscenes. Anyone have any ideas?

edit: One thing I really like is the changes to interceptors. They actually force you to spread slowly across the continent, it seems, instead of picking on continent you'll never place more satellites on and grabbing other bonuses asap. I started in Asia and I'm putting my first sat in China, just because I can't afford to spend another 400 on the number of interceptors I need to shoot down UFOs.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 24, 2013

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
poo poo, I thought I'd stumbled on an overpowered Long War combination. Gunners get Suppression and can take covering fire, which they've reworked to activate if the suppressed target fires, AND denies them their cover bonus altogether. Not a bad deal, and actually makes covering fire alright. Thing is, they can take the one that gives you a second reaction shot if your first one hits. Sadly, this only works on overwatch reaction fire, and not for suppression/covering fire combinations, because they later get Danger Zone too. I'd been hoping I could suppress several aliens and possibly get two reaction shots on each if they moved or fired. Would have been a pretty solid combination, but sadly, no.

You all should try this mod, seriously. Its a little much on the missions every few days, and the way they've dragged out the tech tree (lasers take 44 days when you first get the chance to research them) is a little frustrating, but its definitely a long, involved experience and fixes a lot of my problems with the base game.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

MadJackMcJack posted:

Infantry are the new Doom Gods in Long War. Bullet Swarm to let them fire twice or fire and then Overwatch, Close Combat Specialist to shoot anyone coming close, Aggression to increase their crit chance and 3 Overwatch-based skills that lets them shoot anyone taking a shot, have no penalty on Overwatch shots and have them crit, and can shoot twice. If they didn't have to reload they would be unstoppable. My top K has 70+ kills, either because she fires twice or guns enemies down when they move into her Overwatch.
What I need to know is: how does Bullet Storm interact with the Rapid Fire they can get at Colonel? Can you shoot and then rapid fire? Can you rapid fire twice?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

bullet swarm only functions off of basic attacks, so that is a non issue. 3 attacks in a turn is nothing to sneeze at though.
One interesting thing about the Long War is that it made me want to keep going even after its clear that I've messed up. I'm having huge problems with finance, I'm in month 3 without having started lasers, I've only got two satellites total, I just bought my first Phoenix cannon, and I don't have anyone above Captain. I'm due my first SHIV in a few days. So far, I'm okay, but each mission is getting harder and I usually have one person injured each map, which effectively takes them out for at least two missions. Hell, I've only built a OTS, two power gens, and a satlink, because everything costs so much.

Basically, classic Long War is a drat good game and I don't even see the ability to get attacks a turn at Col as overpowered, because gently caress it, I need that.

edit: Also, don't make Zhang an assault. About half the time, when he activates RnG, the game won't let him move at all. Right now, he's my only assault, so I don't know if its him missing the proper voice cues and that's the bug, or whether its every assault that gets bugged this way.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 25, 2013

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Anyone found a fix for the bug where some of your guys are permanently wounded? PC version.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Dr.Oblivious posted:

So I installed Long War for the first time and I love most of changes that it's made with the exception of the ammo changes (as far as I'm aware). Is it normally suppose to neuter guns so they can only fire once before needing to reload? Because that seem counter-intuitive when the mod ends up throwing more enemy at you.

Is this intentional or did I mess up the the install?
You messed up the install. You're supposed to have 3 bursts in the assault rifles.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Because SHIVs are a godsend and I wish I'd gotten one earlier. You know how your dudes take a month to recover if they're gravely injured? SHIVs don't. They take like a week to repair, max, so you can bring them along on a good chunk of the missions. They have 12 health, good movement, ignore 2 damage/hit, and have 20% defense. They also hit like an LMG, but with acceptable accuracy. Plus, while it costs money to upgrade them, you can give them some pretty nice equipment. Holotargetting, extra ammo, and bulletstorm is a pretty powerful combination (and later, they can get the ability to return fire on any enemy that hits them for free). Seriously, godsends.

As for the aerial stuff, you don't actually need to fight the battleships. They made it so that its actually hard for the aliens to find your satellites even if you fail to kill the scanning ships. Also, letting aliens go doesn't actually hurt panic in the country that it was on, as long as you at least engage it. Btw, Destroyers are what vanilla called Large Scouts. It usually takes me two interceptors to get one down. And yeah, its definitely a lot slower of a game. Every so often, you'll get some nice abduction rewards. 200 cash goes a long way in the middle of the month.

I've also had a lot of luck with holotargetting. That 10% bonus and sheer volume of fire is pretty handy. Remember that the squadsight penalty decreases as more members of your squad can see the enemy, and that snipers can steady their weapon for a 20% aim bonus. Snipers aren't the gods they used to be, and its often worthwhile to have them steady rifles for a round while the rest of your squad sucks it up. Suppression, holotargetting, tactical sense, and aggression are all very, very useful skills. So's having 3 rockets on one rocketeer, by the way.

Simply put, the game made it easier for you to fail, but in a lot of ways, you don't actually NEED to succeed. Letting UFOs live, if you at least engage them, won't hurt you (in the short run. It may slightly increase the alien tech levels).

edit: Though now I'm going to bitch about Muton grenades, because they've done something to the AI that basically makes them chuck a grenade if they have it available. That's pretty brutal, especially since they'll throw multiple grenades on one person. Pretty much a guaranteed death each time, unless you've got a SHIV around to draw their fire instead.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Aug 26, 2013

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Andre Banzai posted:

Alright, so there's no risk whatsoever of a revival of Eugenics? And segregation based on genetic superiority? And let's not go on the legal aspects and how it obviously wouldn't be available to everyone (not even guns are in many countries around the World). What if only the police and the military may employ these technologies? Would you feel at ease living in such a country?

I am sure a hundred sci-fi books have been written on this subject, it's not something trivial.
One little touch I like about the game is the requests you get for supplies and equipment give little responses about what the governments in question are doing with the supplies. Why in hell does a pharmaceutical company want Sectoid corpses? :stonk: Other stuff implies that during the invasion, the governments go full wartime fascist.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Andre Banzai posted:

While in the case of cancer treatments I can't see how the technology could backfire, I can certainly imagine a variety of scenarios where the technology discovered by the XCOM project could. Especially because it's a giant leap in scientific knowledge at once and society hasn't had the time to adapt to it yet.
You can't? Cancer research doesn't just look specifically at cancer. They look at cell growth, cell reproduction, and especially, how to kill cells. If you can't come up with some nefarious hypothetical uses for the ability to manipulate living cells easily, cheaply, and reliably, especially in an outpatient setting, you're missing out on a lot of implications for bioterrorism, and a lot of other things I haven't sat down to think about it yet. Then there's the social implications. Lets say we can cure cancer. Its the secondmost common cause of death in the US, so that's a lot of people who are now living a lot longer. How much does this cancer treatment cost? Are we perpetuating an overclass that lives for centuries while those who can't afford it die? If its readily available in the developed world, what about developing nations? Can they support it? Can their infrastructure? Will the cure for cancer lead to a planet-wide massive population boom (mostly of the elderly)?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Carnalfex posted:

You fight a great deal more missions than in vanilla, so you have many more chances to land stuns. Many, many more. Don't bother trying to get one off unless it is fairly safe to do so. Always assume it will fail and have a backup plan. Also they just released beta 3, makes the mod overall a bit easier and fixes a variety of issues.
And bizarrely, removes one of the coolest aspects of the tactical changes, which was that Covering Fire and Suppression worked together so your gunners could suppress and get a counterattack if the enemies fired OR moved while under suppression. It made gunners generally much more worthwhile, especially since covering fire shots ignore the enemy's cover. drat. I'm not sure I want to take the beta, even if it does slightly make things easier.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Carnalfex posted:

I think they wanted to ensure you could continue suppressing a unit even if it fired - which is important if you get the area effect perk that lets you suppress multiple units, in which case you don't want to stop suppressing a group if only one of them fires. I liked the old way as well. They did increase the accuracy on the LMG class weapons, and crit chance. As a bonus, I don't think alien suppression will counter attack anymore either.
Oh hey, that's a good point. I haven't actually had that happen to me, but yeah, I could see how that would be a huge pain in the rear end.

I guess I need to find out whether the beta 3.0 works with existing save games, then. Any clue?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Psycho Landlord posted:

Yeah, it does. The changes to perk trees only take effect on new soldiers, all of your existing ones will have the old perk stuff. Most everything else is a simple bugfix/stat change.
Fantastic. Now, since my gunners are going to be all jacked up and training up a sergeant/lieutenant gunner is actually hard in Long War, is there any way to reset skill choices besides that CheatEngine thing people were talking about ages ago?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Long War people: any feedback on Javelin rockets vs Mayhem?

New stuff looks positively awesome.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Doobie Keebler posted:

Just wanted to stop by to say gently caress Thinmen. I can't wait for November 12th. Every soldier is getting 2 poison grenades and every time a thinman gets into full cover I'm going to drop a grenade on his annoying head. I might give my entire squad scopes and light plama rifles too, just to gently caress with them. This must be what they mean by Enemy Within.
Make them all genemods with jumpylegs and you're set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

crazypeltast52 posted:

Empty, or the curvature of the bottom half transition leads me to beleive that it is a planet. So a loopy thing above a planet?
Moon people confirmed for EW.

• Locked thread