Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«25 »
Megafonzie
Oct 26, 2012

????????????

Hope it's not too late!

Sam Yusim
352 Campbell St.
Winnipeg, MB
R3N 1B7
Canada

email: fonzonzonz gmail

Not interested in starting, not interested in shipping to places other than the USA and Canada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenuphar
Aug 19, 2011

Tikitok tikitok

Ok, registrations are over! I'll come back soon when I'm done with itineraries.

A bunch of people didn't provide their country, so I can't include them in the lists for now. You should PM or e-mail it to me...

Nenuphar fucked around with this message at Feb 1, 2013 around 13:59

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!

gently caress! Just saw this thread just now.

Welp, this is an awesome idea and I hope it goes well!

thatgirlsgotmoxie
Nov 26, 2012

There's a possibility of me moving to Japan in early March. Could I possibly be earlier in a notebook's journey? I already posted my info before. (NJ, USA) If not, let me know. Thanks!

Nenuphar
Aug 19, 2011

Tikitok tikitok

Ok, I'm done!
I updated the OP, read it now!

BV
Oct 23, 2005

One of earth's mightiest heroes.

Nenuphar posted:

There is no rule about the choice of the notebook (unless it is harmful, like ... Voldemort's diairy [sic]).

I just want to point out that this was already destroyed with a basilisk fang circa 1993.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

It grew from the seed bismuth.

Aww, I'd hoped to be a starting point, to get and keep a notebook at the end of things. If any more of the unlisted goons provide countries, and there are enough for another list, please keep me in mind!

Hex Vision
Jun 6, 2010

Game over, boys.

The person who is supposed to send me the notebook (End Of Worlds, page 2) states that they would prefer to ship to the USA or Canada. I am however in Finland. The guys just before them on the list have nothing against international shipping, so maybe switch them?

Communocracy
Oct 5, 2004
Because it works so well in Canada

Awesome. Before I do start mine, does this have to be strictly writing or can we do a little collage or drawing or something?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007

Oh super wow! That looks like a tasty thing for me to eat with my excellent beak!

Communocracy posted:

Awesome. Before I do start mine, does this have to be strictly writing or can we do a little collage or drawing or something?
You can do what you want in life.

Hot Jam check your PMs.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Wooooooo I get to be a starter, now I need to figure out what in the hell to start with besides a USA map. Need to wrack my brain for some fun stuff and get it sent out in the next few days.

Edit: I should have mine started tomorrow when I can pick up a notebook at work and have it out in the mail by Tuesday. I will let you know when I sent it to you Gene splicer. I am excited to have a few regulars from the card exchange thread in my group, this should turn out amazing.

Rythe fucked around with this message at Feb 4, 2013 around 04:22

Hitlers Gay Secret
Mar 7, 2010

Cymbal Monkey, I'll have the book ready Monday, Tuesday at most. Do you want to meet up somewhere downtown and I'll give you the notebook or do you want me to just mail it your way?

It's JGBeagle by the way.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Aw I just noticed this
Maybe there will be enough late comers to start up another notebook

Hypersteric
Mar 1, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT MY HUGE YIELD! BAH-ZING!

My body is ready.

By the way Tamgerine, if you don't mind, could you send me an email when you send the package? I sometimes forget to check the mail for a while...

bonus hole boy
Aug 28, 2011

Megafonzie, the notebook you're going to be getting will be magical. I'll have it shipping out by the end of the week.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

Watuhboy posted:

Megafonzie, the notebook you're going to be getting will be magical. I'll have it shipping out by the end of the week.

To whomever will be shipping to me, PLEASE no magical notebooks. My dogs and I are still recovering from our last experience with enchanted stationary.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

I'm stoked about this starting up.

Now, to figure out what I'm going to put in it.

morelikechloroFUN
Dec 10, 2012

Go volunteer at a soup kitchen, you pretentious fuck.

Just to check, how long would be considered "too long" to keep these notebooks? I was planning on chronicling a trip, but I really need a time-frame, as most of it will probably be spent away from most of civilization, least of all post offices.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

And we're off!

Also Nenuphar, I have your address down now, in case you'd like to take it out of the OP now.

Nenuphar
Aug 19, 2011

Tikitok tikitok

"Battle Pigeon posted:

Aww, I'd hoped to be a starting point, to get and keep a notebook at the end of things. If any more of the unlisted goons provide countries, and there are enough for another list, please keep me in mind!
So, with people like CeramicPig and CADPAT? Why not. You may also find people who want to participate to several notebooks (I only put each person once). We could find a little more participants! I add this to the OP.

morelikechloroFUN posted:

Just to check, how long would be considered "too long" to keep these notebooks? I was planning on chronicling a trip, but I really need a time-frame, as most of it will probably be spent away from most of civilization, least of all post offices.
As you're on a America-only notebook, it should reach the end pretty fast, so it isn't really a problem if you delay it a little.

Hex Vision posted:

The person who is supposed to send me the notebook (End Of Worlds, page 2) states that they would prefer to ship to the USA or Canada. I am however in Finland. The guys just before them on the list have nothing against international shipping, so maybe switch them?
My bad. I'm fixing this right now.

Paineopticon
Jul 17, 2005

Did I get it?

Going out to buy the notebook on lunch today. thatgirlsgotmoxie, I'm going to take a night or two to iron out something sufficiently cool to put in it, then I'll have it mailed by Friday at the latest.

Super excited to start this bad boy. Thanks for organizing this, OP.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

It grew from the seed bismuth.

Nenuphar posted:

So, with people like CeramicPig and CADPAT? Why not. You may also find people who want to participate to several notebooks (I only put each person once). We could find a little more participants! I add this to the OP.

Yup! I actually had a preference for being a starter in case we were only listed once, my fault that it wasn't clear, but still happy to take part midway. I can ship internationally so even if other participants didn't want to mail outside of the US, that's okay-either only the very last person would have to send it back, or if no one was able to then I could give a US relative's address.

I'm also fine with being listed multiple times (starter or participant) if more people are needed!

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Blood Queen of Thunderdome

Oh my god I'm getting the same notebook as Genesplicer

Please don't send me an SCP

Hex Vision
Jun 6, 2010

Game over, boys.

I have no problems about participating in a second notebook. Bring it on, goons!

EZipperelli
Apr 3, 2011

I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.

Hex Vision posted:

I have no problems about participating in a second notebook. Bring it on, goons!

This. Hell, I'd even volunteer to be a starter for another notebook

Son of Thunderbeast
Apr 11, 2006

Fanny can do anything.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'm hella down.

11008 NE 125th Ln
Apt. #S-304
Kirkland, WA 98034

- hella down to be a starting point
- My gmail is oorahaf
- Poor, can't ship to a foreign country easily :/

tt

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Thought it would be first come first serve starting point wise, got my hopes up, and now I'm sad screw y'all and just send me a notebook!

Nenuphar
Aug 19, 2011

Tikitok tikitok

I accidentally skipped your name when copying my handwritten lists of goons, sorry. You are between Megafonzie and Nucleotide Oracle (check the OP).

Sorry again for everyone who couldn't be a starting point…

Cherrymanga
Jan 24, 2013

centaurs asbestos the illuminati papercuts yeti supervolcanoes nanotech the inevitable heat death of the universe clowns landslides UFOs global warming e. coli dustmites bees

Am I too late to get in on this? If not I'd like to throw myself into the mix.

Email: happybearshoes@gmail.com

I'd rather share my address via pm with whoever gets to send to me if that's ok, I live in Indiana, US. I'd prefer to be on a US/Canada list but I can maybe swing international (I don't know what it costs though).

Cherrymanga fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2013 around 12:26

i_scream_truck
Jun 6, 2008

I'm in on this as well! majheath@gmail.com

Son of Thunderbeast
Apr 11, 2006

Fanny can do anything.

Nenuphar posted:

I accidentally skipped your name when copying my handwritten lists of goons, sorry. You are between Megafonzie and Nucleotide Oracle (check the OP).

Sorry again for everyone who couldn't be a starting point…

aw snap thanks

can't wait to fill it with awful freestyled rap lyrics

thatgirlsgotmoxie
Nov 26, 2012

Theparker posted:

I'm in.

M. Parker
Kingwood, tx
USA
Pm me for the rest

Parker5449 @ that googly thing

Hey! I just sent you an email from my personal account thetigershavefoundmeidonotcare at the gmails asking for your address. Please email me back when you can, though I guess no rush since I haven't been sent the notebook, yet.

it is
Aug 19, 2011

Yeah, Gnarlyhotep, you can just email me when you're done and I can pick it up from your mailbox or something since I could probably shoot your house with a rocket launcher from mine

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

Please don't shoot me.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

gnarlyhotep posted:

Please don't shoot me.

Nah, of course he's not going to shoot you; he said he was going to shoot your house.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

BUT I'M IN THERE!

prenatalflunky
Apr 29, 2006

If it's not too late, I would like to get in on this. Should I email my address to ThatGirlsGotMoxie, or is that notebook... over-booked?

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Are we able to send a notebook via Media Mail with the USPS? I know it is supposed to be for educational material and not sure this would fall under those lines. Does anybody have any prior experience with this type of media?

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Sweet I wanna get in!

Jen
5016 Wick Dr
Oak Lawn IL, 60453

jenszymczak at gmail

International or domestic is fine either way.

CeramicPig fucked around with this message at Feb 7, 2013 around 22:55

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it is
Aug 19, 2011

gnarlyhotep posted:

Please don't shoot me.

I am unlikely to shoot either you or your house. I was just saying that, if I so chose, it would be very easy to do. I wouldn't even need to leave the comfort of my home. Just open up a window, grab my rocket launcher, and fire in your direction.

«25 »