Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«25 »
100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007

Oh super wow! That looks like a tasty thing for me to eat with my excellent beak!

Rythe posted:

Are we able to send a notebook via Media Mail with the USPS? I know it is supposed to be for educational material and not sure this would fall under those lines. Does anybody have any prior experience with this type of media?
If it's a book you can send it media mail. In fact, I would recommend just doing media mail all the time for these things, since it's cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

it is posted:

I am unlikely to shoot either you or your house. I was just saying that, if I so chose, it would be very easy to do. I wouldn't even need to leave the comfort of my home. Just open up a window, grab my rocket launcher, and fire in your direction.

I'm calling the cops.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

it is posted:

I am unlikely to shoot either you or your house. I was just saying that, if I so chose, it would be very easy to do. I wouldn't even need to leave the comfort of my home. Just open up a window, grab my rocket launcher, and fire in your direction.

Watch out for backblast, bro. Overpressure can be a bitch.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

it is posted:

Be careful not to hit Chris's house as well.

BV
Oct 23, 2005

One of earth's mightiest heroes.

Starving Wolf posted:

Be careful not to hit Chris's house as well.

Was Chris the big gay red-head or the guy who neglects his cat?

Hitlers Gay Secret
Mar 7, 2010

gnarlyhotep posted:

I'm calling the cops.

Watch his contribution be him documenting you in your home.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

BV posted:

Was Chris the big gay red-head or the guy who neglects his cat?

Chris was a gay cat.

Theparker
Apr 14, 2010

METAL BAWKES!
THE FEWLS!

thatgirlsgotmoxie posted:

Hey! I just sent you an email from my personal account thetigershavefoundmeidonotcare at the gmails asking for your address. Please email me back when you can, though I guess no rush since I haven't been sent the notebook, yet.

Got it moxie, and reply sent

Communocracy
Oct 5, 2004
Because it works so well in Canada

Shirothesniper I'll put it in the mail next week. I just wanna get my g/f Shrimp Toast to draw something in it because as I mentioned before alas, I am a creature of text not form. She works really early all week so I won't get to see her until Friday thus the delay. This notebook is going to be loving Awesome Possum. This I guarantee.

edit: Also to be clear, I'm not outsourcing my duties, I'll do one page and she'll do one.

RavenousElegance
Jun 12, 2012

YAY! I'm excited

Probably more excited than I should be... International might take a bit, even though I'm only third.

i miss new wave
Aug 28, 2009

Caminare entre las piedras hasta que pase el temblor.

Oh darn...is it still too late to get in on this? Seems like a fun idea!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007

Oh super wow! That looks like a tasty thing for me to eat with my excellent beak!

Hot Jam, I'll be sending your package on Friday, when I have a day off and can get to the post office. Expect it sometime early next week.

As a note for anyone else, you can't print media mail labels online, you gotta go to the post office.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at Feb 5, 2013 around 16:45

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.

Communocracy posted:

Shirothesniper I'll put it in the mail next week. I just wanna get my g/f Shrimp Toast to draw something in it because as I mentioned before alas, I am a creature of text not form. She works really early all week so I won't get to see her until Friday thus the delay. This notebook is going to be loving Awesome Possum. This I guarantee.

edit: Also to be clear, I'm not outsourcing my duties, I'll do one page and she'll do one.

Ok no problem! But I feel sorry for you because I'm including some local treats with it, 1 per following guy (or gal)... Well I guess it's karma for "outsourcing"! ahahha

PS: Don't eat them all Kaninrail !

edit: drat I forgot... you'll get some because you get the notebook back at the end! Good karma man!

Nenuphar
Aug 19, 2011

Tikitok tikitok

prenatalflunky posted:

If it's not too late, I would like to get in on this. Should I email my address to ThatGirlsGotMoxie, or is that notebook... over-booked?

It's not too late, there will be an additional notebook. There are already 10 people in it!

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

Formerly the most compassionate troll of all the internet, but no longer holds this title.

Nenuphar posted:

It's not too late, there will be an additional notebook. There are already 10 people in it!

Oh boy, I want in too!

bj_winchester@hotmail.com

EDIT: happy to ship in america or abroad

DOUBLE EDIT: To Currawong and Cherrymanga: I just sent you both emails (Feb 8th). Oh boy oh boy!

TRIPLE (?) EDIT: Changed my email to avoid getting doxxed in the Tea Party facebook thread.

pig slut lisa fucked around with this message at Feb 10, 2013 around 06:25

Communocracy
Oct 5, 2004
Because it works so well in Canada

Genderman posted:

I just reported all the addresses here to the RCMP, enjoy your freedom while it lasts...

CBC TORONTO - An east end man was the subject of a raid by the Toronto Police Service Cultural Taskforce. He'd been illegally stockpiling unsafe quantities of NOW magazines, cigarette butts and politically charged disenchantment. He was declared guilty at the Old City Hall courthouse Monday morning to one count of being a "loving Goon" and fifteen counts of being "Insufferable" as defined under Article 370 subsection 16 of the Criminal Code referring to "Wackness". The judge has sentenced him to Leave Toronto Every Once in Awhile, Try To Take poo poo a bit Less Seriously, which he will complete after 1500 hours hard labour. The conditions of his bail forbid him from interacting with the seditionist Something Awful Forums for a period not exceeding twenty thousand years, minus time served. His family said that they were "saddened, but not surprised" by the verdict.

prenatalflunky
Apr 29, 2006

Nenuphar posted:

Ok, please include me!
A. Mitchell
645 w 9th. St
unit 110-204
Los Angeles, CA

thanks!

i miss new wave
Aug 28, 2009

Caminare entre las piedras hasta que pase el temblor.

Nenuphar posted:

Well I'd love to be added if possible still!

G. Hensley
359 W. Barstow Ave. #158C
Clovis, CA 93612

edit: vv oh, good point! I'll just add then that I'm fine to ship international.

i miss new wave fucked around with this message at Feb 6, 2013 around 01:01

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

It grew from the seed bismuth.

Awesome, I'll get to send a notebook afterall.

However, please don't forget to mention whether you're okay with shipping internationally or not! So far I think everyone additional is from the US, and that's fine, but since I'm in Europe it will affect what return address I'll need to give for the end.

Mizufusion
Jul 18, 2007

I like to watch bees eat food and do stuff.

Sweet, can't wait to get a notebook and start scrawling in it. I was hoping to be a starter so I could keep it, but oh well. Next time!

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

Tasted Too Much Rainbow!!!

oh...oh yay! I was gone for a little bit and come back to a list and everything getting started! I can't wait! I need to get some cute stickers and take pictures of things around Tulsa!

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

For everybody in my list, I got the notebook sent out to Genesplicer yesterday, so our magical book is out and about now.

Rare Polar Bear
Sep 16, 2007

Definitely not a stupid panda

Battle Pigeon posted:

Awesome, I'll get to send a notebook afterall.

However, please don't forget to mention whether you're okay with shipping internationally or not! So far I think everyone additional is from the US, and that's fine, but since I'm in Europe it will affect what return address I'll need to give for the end.

Are there spots open still? If so, my gmail is jthesmith75. If not, I'd be happy to try and start another notebook.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

Rare Polar Bear posted:

Are there spots open still? If so, my gmail is jthesmith75. If not, I'd be happy to try and start another notebook.

As far as I know there are, Nenuphar hasn't posted the next group/s up yet for sending.

As an aside, a randomly mailed notebook or two could be fun, though unsure how it would be done properly. Mostly how to prevent them getting lost, stop the last person receiving an originally international notebook when they were US only, or the risk of everyone sending them to Genesplicer (not that I'd mind a few pages from him).

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

This is our logo. We're the Lakers. What's our mascot? What do you mean? Please. Our mascot is Kobe Bryant's middle finger. What's that? You've noticed that some idiot decided that one of our primary colors should be purple? You think that's kind of gay? Let me refer you to our mascot. Fuck you.

btw, Stabitha, send me an email at username@aol.com and I'll give you my name for addressing for when you get the book. Post office gets a bit tetchy down here with not-real-names.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Ready and waiting for my notebook from the internet!

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"

Send me a notebook, if there's still room! I am in the UK, as long as that's ok. Obviously, I'm happy to send one abroad, and I'd also be ok to start one.

email me for my address: h-tail at hotmail dot com

H-Tail fucked around with this message at Apr 17, 2013 around 14:39

Nenuphar
Aug 19, 2011

Tikitok tikitok

I think we won't have more participants now. Here is the list:

Battle Pigeon 5
i_scream_truck 6
Rare Polar Bear 7
Cherrymanga 6
EZipperelli 4
Nice Davis 7
Currawong 3
i miss new wave 7
prenatalflunky 7
CeramicPig 6
H-Tail 7
Hex Vision 2
Battle Pigeon 5

Now you can mail each other and go hog wild, as usual!

Nenuphar fucked around with this message at Feb 9, 2013 around 12:16

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

If it's a book you can send it media mail. In fact, I would recommend just doing media mail all the time for these things, since it's cheap.

Technically not true, but you'd probably get away with it anyway. The USPS defines a book as "of at least eight printed pages", since this will be handwritten it doesn't actually qualify. There's also a section for "Loose-leaf pages and their binders" but just of medical material. Notebooks of stuff you write or draw yourself technically can't be sent media mail, nor can scrapbooks or photo albums, which the USPS considers "of a personal nature". Similarly, and this is possibly even more mindboggling, CDs and DVDs can be sent Media Mail but CD-R and DVD-Rs containing the very same material cannot.

That said, what is and isn't Media Mail confuses nearly everybody, including professional shippers and even most USPS employees, so chances are you could send all of the above and it would get through just fine. The USPS seems to understand its Media Mail rules are confusing, so I doubt you'd actually get busted unless you were clearly abusing the system (sending, say, car parts or something). In the unlikely event something does get inspected and doesn't pass, all that normally happens is it arrives postage due for whatever the extra amount would be.

edit: I can't believe I wrote two whole paragraphs about Media Mail.

genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

FORUMS SENIOR CITIZEN Ask me about:
joining the AARP; Social Security; prostate exams; why rock music is too loud; wearing orthopedic shoes and prescription pant

Rythe posted:

For everybody in my list, I got the notebook sent out to Genesplicer yesterday, so our magical book is out and about now.

And it has arrived. Now all those Dong Pictures I downloaded will finally be useful. (Don't ask why I have Dong Pictures.)

Hex Vision
Jun 6, 2010

Game over, boys.

Nenuphar posted:

I think we won't have more participants now. Here is the list:

Battle Pigeon 5
i_scream_truck 6
Rare Polar Bear 7
Cherrymanga 6
Nice Davis 7
Currawong 3
i miss new wave 7
prenatalflunky 7
CeramicPig 6
H-Tail 7
Hex Vision 2
Battle Pigeon 5

Now you can mail each other and go hog wild, as usual!

Aren't you forgetting EZipperelli?

Hitlers Gay Secret
Mar 7, 2010

Picked up one of those Moleskine pocket notebooks today and will be sending out my notebook next Monday. Gonna put together a few starter pages for folks this weekend.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

genesplicer posted:

And it has arrived. Now all those Dong Pictures I downloaded will finally be useful. (Don't ask why I have Dong Pictures.)

If the community project makes it through all 15 goons without a single dong appearing on it some where would shock me, but a dong would not be unexpected at all though. Kind of scared to see what kind of Frankenstein we will come up with.

Adise
Mar 15, 2005

Hooray! I should have the notebook sent out Monday so Khanstant I just want to remind you that you're pretty much obligated to add something about why you're banned from sending international mail into the notebook.

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"

Right in the nick of time

EZipperelli
Apr 3, 2011

I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.

Hex Vision posted:

Aren't you forgetting EZipperelli?

Thank you good sir.

Although I'm still not a starter, but gently caress it. I'll leave my mark in TWO notebooks... bwahaha

Hawaii_Lame-O
Apr 27, 2010

:3

Drat, looks like I just missed the last notebook!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

So that none of us are left wondering needlessly, could it be policy to come to the thread and check in when you receive the notebook, and check in once you send it out?

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I bought another sketchbook today since the one I was planning on sending had far more pages than I remembered (160), but will look for another tomorrow as well since it's ring bound and those suck. I'm just about to email i_scream_truck for their address and will probably send out next week-I need to put some stuff in the notebook myself, and look for a good method of mailing it. The UPS calculator online estimates it will cost about $100 (?!), so going to need to go there in person to double check it, and if not just risk the normal post and pray it shows up.

Was EZipperelli forgotten, or not included because there were enough people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenuphar
Aug 19, 2011

Tikitok tikitok

I edited EZipperelli in!

«25 »