Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Belzac posted:

I think this is the case.

"This is the case" being that you -can- or -can't- be Gungir'd after? This is a very important detail as my decision to ever use Excalibur hinges entirely upon it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Aloofa posted:

Where is the demo :(?

Seriously, the game is 2 weeks from loving release why is it taking so long for a demo to be dropped :psyduck:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Yechezkel posted:

The demo is now up for the European region.

No demo for the NA region yet, as of now.

:psypop:

How does this even happen?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Belzac posted:

Bosses you save will join your companions and can be brought along with you on co-op missions. It doesn't happen in the demo but I've heard in the full game you can get split paths based on saving or sacrificing.

You can see it happening in the demo anyway, even if the missions don't split off, the story changes based on whether you sacrifice or save the bosses.

This game is so good and is literally the entire reason I bought a Vita way back, the demo has shown me that I chose wisely.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

Does anyone know if it's possible to save your sorceress ally? I saved her once but she just started attacking me again, and I was running out of HP and spells so I sacrificed her the next time

Saving her just treats it like a player revival, so even if you do it 10 times ( i did this, im so sorry i made you suffer Sortiara :qq: ) she will keep trying to kill you

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Speedball posted:

I also noticed a lot of the guys had more saves than sacrifices on their arms in general. Who knows how long that'll last in the full game.

This was really annoying, because while I've knowingly submitted myself to a Divine spec, it's because I intend to be the healer and supporter. More divine dudes generally tends to have diminishing returns and the team damage suffers because these people aren't specifically using divine-enhanced abilities. Right now this demo is still using old rules, so going 1/19 and facerolling until you're empty and have somebody kill you is still the easiest way to do things.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Cerb is a tactics check. A single shield user will shut him down, since blocking his charge makes him fall over.

The JP version recently got a patch so that going full demon and martyring yourself ASAP was not extremely more effective than playing as a Divine character.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Using your Black Rite will also entitle you to a martyr reward.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Conot posted:

As far as I could tell, lacrima were only useful for curing myself of black rite damage

This is kind of like being half-dead because if you go in to a fight with a broken black rite, the penalty for it being used carries over into every fight until you repair it.

Speedball posted:

Funny thing. The book insists they're not tears, but I looked up "lacrima" and that's just a fancy, technical term for tears.

:thejoke:

Emalde fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 20, 2013

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Fancy Hat! posted:

So, I'm still not sure about this, but what do the points at the end of battle and the SE/LE Monster Souls do? Do they affect what sort of spells you gain at the end of battle?

They are materials for enabling the use of unlocked arm Sigils.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

SalsaguyX posted:

From what I gathered, the Angelus black rite sacrifices bones to damage enemies and heal allies. The drawback is you are slowed and can't use the standard dodge anymore.

This owns, I'm glad there's a proper "Divine" right now. This will also give me a huge excuse to just bring feathers with me all the time. Who needs bones, I can just teleport everywhere!

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Anyone picking up a physical copy of the game; Remember that the box comes with an Online Passcode.

Also, when transfering from the demo, you can only transfer 10 of every spell, but this also counts for upgrades versions (IE: You could transfer ten 0-star, ten 1-star, ten 2-star, and ten 3-star of the same spell).

Japanese voice pack is 550MB.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Ah, found the DLC. You have to go online and redeem them via the Peddler's gift box.

E: The DLC spells are pretty strong, but they're also super limited in casts. Not awful, but they will definitely stop being useful towards the middle/high end of the game.

Emalde fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Apr 30, 2013

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Does the game grant you trophies you might have achieved during the demo when you transfer over, or are there none you possibly could have?

It will automatically transfer them over, but you have to trigger a flag first (eg: open up your black rites menu, go online, etc)

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Anthrovore posted:

Anyone have any tips against Illecebra's archfiend form? I thought fighting the slime in the catacombs was frustrating, but holy poo poo. So many cheap attacks and trying to keep magusar alive makes it even rougher.

Pack as many Lightning Tri-roots as possible, a shield, a reliable heal, and blood bullets. It is incredibly important to deal damage any way possible when she starts doing her charging rampage, because that is what makes her revert back to standing upright.

Make sure you keep your partner alive, since NPCs are always valuable as bait.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

For the game, itself, it definitely looks like they retooled how spells are awarded in the full game. In the demo, there was a chance you could get the third spell on the swag list with a First-Rate Sorcerer rating, but so far, it looks like you need at least Legendary to get more than one copy of the second spell on the list in the full game.

This is most likely because it's now fairly easy to land the Divine rating.

It's too bad you don't get extra copies of the third spell though, it would make farming certain things so much easier.

Everybody please join the IRC and play online, it's boring up here at level 50 with nobody to do the later Avalon Pacts with. :(

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Please do not be fooled.

While there is a large single-player component to the game, this game was almost certainly developed for playing with other people in mind. There are several categories of spells that simply do not work without coordination from other people, at least two Black Rites specifically dedicated to it, and spells that literally require multiple people to trigger.

The problem is, at least early on like this, most people don't particularly understand the game too well and thus it makes playing in PUGs much more challenging than it needs to be.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm kinda confused as well. Final boss spoilers
He kind of retreats to a corner of the field, throws on a shield and spawns 3 mega fire golems and just camps behind them nonstop

That's just phase one.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

How did you not expect that? Both endings are incredibly obvious before you even begin the fight if you've been following the story at all.

who cares about plot anyway this is a game about hunting monsters

Emalde fucked around with this message at 05:20 on May 3, 2013

Emalde
May 3, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Also in the 4th set of missions there's some quests I can't get to and not sure how. I've saved/ sacrificed all the bosses I could and I've beaten the game, I even finished the next "chapter" entirely.

Just do literally every quest, including the Fellow Sorceror ones and whatever. You should eventually get everything unlocked.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Also dunno if it's a spoiler as it was in the pre-release material but how do you get the Chaos/Savior forms? I want to go Savior but not sure what the bare minimum blue I have to be

They are the "99 in save/sac" arm versions (Arm 6). There are partial versions for level 90 (Arm 5).

Emalde
May 3, 2007

RedRupee posted:

I just beat the game and chose to save Magusar. I thought the ending was fairly lacklustre and was expecting a larger twist. Can I do the ending again to get the other sanguine attack or have I made my choice? Also I had to do that second form 3 times. I kept running out of offerings before realising I could sacrifice those red dudes

Yes, you can just do it again to get the other bloodshot also wait stop what the gently caress
That fight has offerings? :psyduck:

I've done it a few times now and have never seen any at all

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Count Bleck posted:

Edit: Quick question.

Should I play through the demo first to get the unique offering or is it not really worth it in the long run?

You may as well, even if it's not very good.

RedRupee posted:

I decided to start doing some online stuff and it was surprisingly accessible to just jump into a game. The only issue is when a server is rigid about save/sacrificing archfiends. We killed a cerberus in a high level mission and the sacrifice had the +/- of what could have been an SE+/++ but everyone else was hellbent on saving. If I had sacrificed would that have actually worked or is it like a vote system at the end?

It's a vote system, game rolls if it's 50% for either. Also realize that when a boss has a bonus, it still doesn't mean a guaranteed +/++

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Finally found some pictures of Divine Arm 6:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=56678368&postcount=2761

(On the left for both sides are Arm 5s)

You literally turn into an Angel, it's great. Too bad 99/1 is garbage. ( I'm doing it anyway :negative: )

Emalde
May 3, 2007

XavierGenisi posted:

One thing I've learned: trying to go pure Dark as far as levels go is really challenging. I do some rather nice damage to enemies, and that's great and all. Only problem is that I crumble once a slime starts raining goop everywhere or the centaur does a projectile rain (or something else like that).

God help me if I decide to use Infernus and I don't finish off an Archfiend, and I screw up dodging.

Use armor amulets if you find it's an issue. There is no real reward for speccing divine other than the cosmetic appeal.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Jut posted:

Ok, made it to the end boss and need help. He just tosses me around like a ragdoll and has bullshit range on all his spells. He is still green whenever he kills me.

First form is easily brought down with any singular set of large Tufts or a large Weapon-type spell. Second form is all about having 3-4 large mortars and just spamming with as many damage-enhancing sigils equipped as possible.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

DLC should be dropping tomorrow night; It includes Dullahan and Behemoth, as well as the Berserker Rite. The two bosses should be fairly unique. Berserker makes your brain into a monster that rampages around the field, which causes your current spells to be randomized and hidden from view.

Belzac, I expect you here for this! :mad:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Belzac posted:

Double post for news: The patch is out. It adds:

Obtaining Lacrima inside of multiplayer lobbies

This is the single most important change, right here.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Did they seriously skip out on including Berserker? :psyduck:

E: vvv Ah, thanks.

Emalde fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 28, 2013

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Grave-digging to post the big content update for Soul Sacrifice Delta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PJfoznTF2Q

Looks like they did some massive gameplay overhauling. There are a bunch of new things like being able to sacrifice somebody with an elemental version of the attack or granting them some sort of enchantment when you save them. Looks like you can now affiliate with different organizations to change your playstyle.

Avalon - Enhanced [Monster] type spells, Stronger affinity with Fist type spells (you need one player in 'Avalon' and one player in 'Sister' to do the Rolling launch it looks like), combination Fist + Burrow to allow for jump attacks, Stronger affinity with the Mortar type spells, Platform summoning, Stronger self-healing

Sanctuary - Stronger affinity Axeblade type spells (can receive the combination from homing+weapon from 'Sister' players), combination Axe + Dash for dash attacks, Stronger affinity with both Armor and Shield, can combine Armor + Shield for the offensive shield boosts (presumably only if they are of the same element), Melee-type Blood attack, Enhanced team-healing

Grim - Stronger affinity with Throwing type spells, Stronger affinity with Fang type spells, combination Fang + Burrow for the jump attack, can enhance other player's shields to the upgraded version with their Fang spells (same element?), can combine their Group Heal spells with Trap spells to heal + deal damage to the enemy (not sure if it's exclusive to that one plant ability or not, that spell itself is new to Delta), Stronger affinity with the Roar spells and they can use a Roar to pop a Golem summon from a 'Sister' player into a mini golem horde

Sister - Stronger affinity with the Rolling type spells and can be launched by Fist-using 'Avalon' players for additional damage, Stronger affinity with Homing type spells and can grant 'Sanctuary' players an elemental enhancement with them, Can use new Sinkhole spells to trap + lower bosses to the ground, can use the new Throw-type Heal spells and can also use these to deal damage like 'Grim' players, Stronger affinity with Golem summons and can have them be turned into a miniature army by Roar-using 'Grim' players

There's probably more stuff like that. I'm not even sure if the organization makes any of these new things exclusive, but it sure does look like a really good expansion :allears:

Emalde fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Sep 24, 2013

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Belzac posted:

There is one critical point of game play that uses touch controls and that's using black rites. In addition you need touch to talk to other in a multiplayer game but that's not critical. I'm assuming the Vita TV will have some way of using touch (if only with the PS4 controller).

In other news I guess I'm going to revive this thread with Delta stuff sometime soon. I watched a video and got super hyped for all the new co-op stuff. Also all the new DLC and patches that I'm just now starting to progress through.

Hit me up sometime so we can do it together :mad:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Belzac posted:

Came back to SS after playing Toukiden and I'm sorry I ever left. Is anyone getting Delta this week who wants to feed me info to put in a revised OP? If not I can look around and take guesses. Some interesting things I've seen is a sort of faction warfare element that hooks into online, which might imply some form of player vs. player (even if it's more like, who can kill the most monsters this week). Here's the Japanese release trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbk6K5q8HaY

I see that the NPCs are still cooler appearance-wise than a player character ever will be.

I would suggest that we import it, but chances are the NA version is only going to take a couple of extra months to come out.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Extended demo for PS+ members that transfers over to the new game next week. :v:

ComaPrison posted:

I was so hyped about it before, but I'm losing my enthusiasm. I just don't see enough new content to justify paying the price of a full new game. It feels more like it should be the price of a big DLC or expansion pack (~20 bucks).

Delta is pretty much a full new game.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

I guess we can use this thread in the interim, but IMO a new thread should be made for Delta~ (or at least update the OP b/c dang)

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Belzac posted:

Oh also you should keep an eye on the difficulty indicator cause sometimes the game likes to through you a curveball by having 5 things open up but some of them are way out of your league.

For anybody accustomed to Monster Hunter rankings, this is roughly how they compare:

1-4 Delta is "Low Rank", you can take these with any sort of spells
5-8 Delta is "High Rank", you'll want M and L (silver/gold) tier offerings for these
9-10 Delta is "G1", from here and onward you'll want multiple + (black) tier offerings
11-13 Delta is "G2"
14-15 Delta is "G3"

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Dimix posted:

Is there anything quick that I should get in ss before I start up delta or is everything from ss obtainable in delta?

Everything is obtainable from Delta. Importing data from the original game pretty much only really matters if you put a significant amount of time into it (eg beat the final boss once or twice and did most of the avalon pacts)

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Belzac posted:

Probably? I know two people going full holy and they seem to do ok. The big advantages are still their support spells but they can do some damage. Also they're pretty much unkillable (unless they're Emalde and are walking around blind due to Gorgon).

Divine gets sigil boosts to using spear type offerings, which is cool.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Tricky posted:

Where all can you get new Blood magic? I've gotten a Blood Sword offering from the first mission of the second Sanctuary chapter, but not much else so far. Are there any other ones you can get early on?

Cait Sith has a break that is blood magic. It's literally the same as the Razorshot, but it has half (or less?) as many hits in its combo string for double the damage.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Going to post a list of what offering categories are affiliated with which faction, because upgrading from L to + on most offerings requires a testament from that faction (and it also limits the kinds of sigils you can effectively use).

Avalon:
  • Stonefist
  • Arm
  • Morph
  • Explosive
  • Summon
  • Transform
  • Bomb
  • Other (lasers, sky rain, etc)

Grimm:
  • Weapon
  • Beast
  • Homing
  • Throw
  • Mine
  • Special
  • Terrain
  • Arboreal
  • Group
  • Spatial
  • Rising

Sanctuarium: (blood is weird since there are ones that require avalon testaments to upgrade)
  • Blood
  • Spear
  • Blitz
  • Heal Solo/Area
  • Parasite
  • Armor
  • Shield

No Affiliation: (some of these are weird because they still require specific faction testaments to upgrade)
  • Binding
  • Roar
  • Evasive
  • Barrier
  • Irregular
  • Stasis
  • Lure
  • Vacuum
  • Binding

This should also help you figure out how to actually maximize damage if that's a thing you want to do within your faction.

Emalde fucked around with this message at 06:16 on May 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Flytrap posted:

Does this game still have active multiplayer? Don't want to pick up the online pass only to find out that no-one is left.

No, get Delta instead, which does have active multiplayer because it's the new game.

• Locked thread