Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

So buying this, and can't wait to play with you all.

edit: Do we know if it'll be up on PSN? I'd love to have a copy to keep around on my memory card so I can just hop on for a few missions or so.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Mar 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

empathe posted:

All Vita games are available through PSN when they launch as far as I know.

I knew Sony was saying they wanted all PS4 games on digital, but I didn't know what their stance was for the Vita.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Belzac posted:

It's hard to know what you exactly mean by this but the game is pretty grotesque. Not all of the monsters are that bad (Jack for example is just a flaming stone elemental looking thing) but the game is pretty graphic. At any time you can look away from Librom and look around your prison cell which is full of rotting flesh, human waste, and cockroaches. It's a horribly twisted world but it's still a video game. I never wretched at the sight of anything.

I dunno dude, that sounds like stuff in Demon's/Dark Souls.

And it just makes me want this game even MORE

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I think we should get a friends list going. I want to roll with some people and tackle all the content in this game. I know I'll be up for playing lots of Soul Sacrifice in the evenings.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Oh we do have a friend's list thing. You should bold it, make it stand out a little more and add IneffiableFx to it.

I'll be getting it day one and be on often during evenings.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Belzac posted:

I have a list in the OP but we could also do a shared document.

What do you think of this? Example SS Friends List

That's not too bad, but I don't know if we need anything more than just a simple list in the OP.

Remember, the Vita population is pretty tiny and the number of goons who want Soul Sacrifice is even smaller. It's possible there could only be 15-20 of us for a few weeks.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Put me on both lists. If you can, put down that I play evening times, EST.

Is there a way to be like a healer in this game? I might play more supportive builds if I have lots of teams to go with.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Sorry for another gameplay related question (at work).

Is it possible to roll in different styles? So I could have a loadout for support with other people, and if I play by myself, have a loadout for soloing?

This seems possible with just equipment stuff but I don't know if the character levelup and stats might be a major hinderance in doing something like this.

edit: I swear to god your edit wasn't there when I made this! nevermind, I think question answered.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

CaptainPoopsock posted:

Hey Soul Sacrifice dudes. We have a pretty rockin' IRC channel you can join to discuss the game or set up some jolly cooperation with other Soul Sacrificers. Server is irc.synirc.net and the room is #vita.

e: Can this go in the OP?

I'll be off work soon and downloading the demo. See you in the chat.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

redreader posted:

Since it's not up by now I suppose the best we can hope for is 'some time this afternoon, PST'

This is one hell of an emergency maintenance Sony has going on here.

Here's a real first world problem. Thanks to this, I'm not spending (at least my morning) my day off playing the SS demo, but rather playing Persona 4 Golden.

Why has Sony forsaken me!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Norns posted:

The game comes with a reversible cover. Pretty nice touch.

Is the reversible cover any better?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yeah I would be a lot more critical of this game if it was a PS3 game. As it is there's nothing like it on the Vita and it's a nice first step forward for a new IP. I'm enjoying it a lot and it's not perfect but I definitely think it's better than the 77 or whatever it has on Metacritic.

I really feel the same way. If it was on the PS3, most of it would bother me like how there's so much stuff to grind for, and how every fight just gets its own arena and not a free roam world like Monster Hunter, and the enemy/boss variety isn't actually that big.

But it's on the Vita, so a lot of this stuff actually helps it. And we've got free DLC to give this game some more life too.

edit: I seriously would recommend this game to Vita owners who wants a multiplayer game and can handle a little challenge. It'll tide you over until Muramasa Rebirth/Dragon's Crown.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 14, 2013

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Have people been doing sidequests? It seems like if you just run through story mode, you'll have a hard time, especially if you've been pumping all/mostly into magic. Pump some levels into Life as well and do sidequests to pick up lots of useful and stronger level offerings.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

XavierGenisi posted:

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but what's the best way to get Enemy SE+? Like, are there any specific missions I should try playing to get them, or what? I need some Orc and Goblin SE+s for some sigils, but I can't seem to find any.

Higher levels, the better chance. For SE+ and LE+ I'd probably poke around in the 4th and 5th chapter of Avalon pacts. Maybe 6th as well.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Anthrovore posted:

Don't quote me on this but I think the mission Sweeping the Valley is good for getting goblin+, it's an exploration mission so you can kill as many as you want before completing it. I think it's one of the first missions in pact 4 or 5.

I think it's the end of pact 6. I did it and I managed to harvest a couple of SE++s as well, even if it did take me like 20 mins of them respawning.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Man, did interest in this game drop a lot recently? It's been hard for me to find good people to play the last tier of Avalon quests with me. Someone help me do Remorse.

Free dlc comes next week I believe.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Pierce posted:

PSN? pierce_rm1

I'm on sporadically and will do 1-2 missions. Later at night EST I have more time and will play longer. Character is 35/65 and I will cheese with Seadevil's Scales. "Goons" as room name going forward?

Gonna need your help tonight. I just got to the pact whit two Illecbra. Luckily, I only have to do that plus the two pacts linked to it and half of the last avalon pact tier and I'm all done until the DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

The free DLC is pretty good. 2 5-star quests, 2 9-star quests, a new black rite, and a 10-star quest that might kick your rear end even in a full party of 100s.

• Locked thread