Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dumb question regarding getting the demo: I know you need a seperate memory card to format or whatever to use the japanese vita shop, but can you download it via PS3 and just download it to your memory card that way or do you have to do this memory card format dance to run it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Part of me felt like this would be one of those games that looks awesome and crap but ends up boring or just meh.

I am happy this is not one of those games.

This game is seriously the loving poo poo.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 17, 2013

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm not sure how to feel about how you save/sac based on host (or majority rule? I couldn't tell) just because it threw me down out of dark arm 2 to dark arm 1 when the host wanted to save ol' Jack.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Man I don't see the complaints about the voice acting

The narrator and book are pretty good.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Can you respec in the demo? The rewrite Lv thing is grayed out for me.

e: Also while I'm pretty indifferent to the battle/field music, all the music tracks that play in the menus and lore pages and stuff is great.

Especially the tune that plays when you complete a mission.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Apr 18, 2013

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Why are people so obsessed with using Infernus at the drop of a hat? I can't count how many Cerberus attempts I've been part of that has 2-3 people INSTANTLY use it the second they get hit once, thus dooming them to get one shotted by even the orcs.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

If I refight a boss and choose to do the opposite of what I did last time (it says it overwrites) does that mean I'll lose the companion gained from it?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I hope the amount of people who ragequit the second they get sacrificed winds down in the main game, because that poo poo has ruined multiple Cerberus attempts for me.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Also an annoying this is even some of the neutral companions will always choose to sacrifice you if you gently caress up which unless the boss is almost dead basically just ends the fight there due to their lovely damage output.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

What was your level spread?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Save the doppelgangers and story bosses.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Avalon Pact versions of Jack and Harpy are very easy solo, just try those offline and see what happens.

Also of course the one time my local game store gets a game in early, but won't break the street date it's the game I want. :saddowns: It was just there on the counter, taunting me.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Anyone only getting the download for the Japanese Voice Over Pack when using your pre-order code? When I used it, I saw the two costume things pop up but the only thing available to download is the VO pack, and I can't choose the costumes in game.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Thanks!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yechezkel posted:

Check your email right now. PSN is giving away codes for a Spirits' Falconfeather. The email also confirmed the free DLC release schedule.

And I don't need it, so quote if you use it: 9RDM-NQNL-3PJF

Getting an invalid on that code.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Jammer Jones posted:

I played the demo a bit, now I have the full retail game (cartridge) I only have an option for new game, err how to I move my save over?

Choose new game and it'll sense the demo data and ask if you want to import.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Code from Yechezkel works now, thanks!

Has anyone been able to use the special palm sigils that apparently mess with your arm? I see one for Sortiara and the slime boss but I haven't unlocked them for use yet.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kind of a bummer that the localization team ripped out all the Arthurian names and references. I mean the parallels are still there but I think it kinda cheapens the story a bit.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

Huh. Are Lacrima gains heavily reduced in the full game? I was getting pretty good chunks in the demo, but now I'm lucky to get 5.

I noticed this as well, but some missions gave me 40, while others gave me literally 1. So I guess it's based on some other factors.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Anyone got any strats for the Only Memories Remain chap 2 fight?
The other Cyclops hunts have been pretty easy but this one is kicking my rear end, My spread is definitely a factor here (I found the game to be pretty easy so I've coasted through on 8/26 so far) but this one lacks any allies to revive you and he doesn't seem to have a weakness which just makes things take longer. It doesn't help that all it takes is for a spider to spawn while you're in the middle of an attack animation for them to shoot you with web and basically ruin your entire flow. Are there any particular spells that work well against him?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Are you expected to do all the avalon pact quests before challenging Magusar? I finished the main book and he kicked my rear end pretty hard.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 1, 2013

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Just load up on ice based range spells and an Ice Golem + shield and he's pretty harmless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm a weirdo who enjoyed playing the original game solo, are the new additions to Delta singleplayer friendly?

• Locked thread