Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
God drat, this game looks incredible. I had heard the name mentioned at some point last year, but I had no idea what it actually was or that it was this awesome.

REALLY hoping for a March release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Also still really early on in the demo, but I'm digging it, even if I don't fully understand id.

Aerox fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 29, 2014

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
My preorder from Amazon arrived a few min ago!

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I bought the original SS and had fun with it but felt really overwhelmed trying to figure out what I was supposed to be doing and what spells were viable, and wasn't sure if I was supposed to be grinding the same levels over and over again for spells or trying to progress through the story.

It sounds like from some of the recent posts that Delta has added a bunch of stuff and maybe made things a bit more clear as to what exactly I was supposed to be doing. Is that accurate?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I'm doing significantly better in Soul Sacrifice Delta than the original and I feel like I have a way better handle on and understanding of the game and its mechanics now.

A few questions:

I joined Sanctarium and am generally going for a mostly life build. Is there any kind of actual penalty to sacrificing stuff instead of saving it? If I want to go back and do some of the mission branches that come from sacrificing an archfiend instead of saving it am I gimping myself out of a reward or ability later? The lore of Sancarium seemed to really suggest that sacrificing Archfiends was terrible so I was afraid doing so would have some negative consequence.

Is the only way to get Legendary Sorcerer in most quests to get the Unscathed bonus? I keep finding even in the easy missions that the difference between Legendary and Second-Rate sorcerer is getting hit a single time. Is there any easy stuff I can do besides Countering in missions to boost up my score to get Legendary when I have the Nearly Unscathed bonus, or do I just need to not get hit?

Is there any reason not to always be fusing offerings into the 3-star versions?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Belzac posted:

Sacrifice away, no one cares. Get counters, use elemental weakness/skillful attacks, break parts, go fast, use score rumors/sigils, but yeah also don't get hit. Yes if you plan to upgrade them to the next full rank a 3* spell could have been 8 + rank spells.

Thanks!

What exactly triggers "Skillful Attack"? I've gotten it a couple times but didn't see an in-game explanation as to what it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Grim's Neutral playstyle is I think ideal for me; it's really too bad that the Grim Faction completely randomly assigns rewards. Takes a lot of the fun out of trying to do levels well.

I'm assuming there's no way to counter this or turn it off? Grim is always just purely random as to how many offerings you get?

• Locked thread